What was your AOTY of 2013, Sup Forums?

What was your AOTY of 2013, Sup Forums?

Sunbather but I havent heard that or too many others.

same as op

checked

sunbather was bomb as fuck

m b v, t b h

Because the Internet

might be my favorite rap album of all time too

quality dubs

pic related and ...Like Clockwork

[spoiler] Random Access Memories, I listened the day of release out of a passing interest and was blown away. I think technically it's on par with Discovery but personally I prefer it. It's in my top ten of this decade so far. [/spoiler]

Hands down.

Altar of Plagues were so good though, nice pick, OP!

tough choice but probs this imo

i remember listening to darkthrone underground resistance a lot

oh fuck, I posted Moonface, but it's tied with this. I bought both records that year and listened a thousand times to each.

Really nice year for music actually.

I like these ones

No doubt

this is a really solid album

Dream Theater by Dream Theater

SPC ECO - Sirens & Satellites

2013 was the year I grew out of pseudo-metal like AoP. I went to see them at their final show and even got the Ltd editon of that albun but I returned to it last year and it's pure shite. It's not quite metal but it's not quite hard rock; it's some purgatory in between that can only satisfy people who hate both but secretly still listen to them.

midcity probably

It was a really shit year for me. I guess making up for how incredible 2012 was.

>6.8

p4k doesn't agree

Iceage - You're Nothing

I don't think it's even that great, but it was a defining album for me at the time

This was/is so good

Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

this, vampy weeks, jar moff and exai

Clppng

Hera - Seven Lines

AOTD so far too

these are good too

this was the last album that made me smile

Does music making you smile = good music tho?

You got enjoyment out of it, so yes

There is no objective scale for good music, so if that's his reasoning then why not?

Yeezus

Trouble Will Find Me

I suppose you're right!

Yeezus 9/10

Trouble Will Find Me meh/10

yea i kinda agree with you desu, didn't think a lot on the second record, I guess I was being nostalgic about the national

this

this and pic related

Pic-Related is still the best IDM Album ever, and nothing even comes close t-b-h
damn, 2013 was great in hindsight. The year i came to this shithole called Sup Forums

>The Knife
>IDM

What would you consider it to be?

It's revolutionary and truly innovative, hence why some of the tracks are hard to define through genre categorization. But at it's core, yes it's IDM, IDM of the future.

STH still sounds ahead of its time and its already been 3-4 years

Nice trips bruv.

Pic related would be mine, I guess. Lots of good folky stuff released that year, Laura Veir's Warp & Weft and Laura Marling's Once I Was an Eagle.

No Age's An Object

Album of the decade.
Every song on this is a masterpiece. People who say sftd is better are the same people who say modern music is garbage. This is my perfect 10, fontanamo shoulda given it a 10.

Keep your eyes peeled sets the tone for the album, with its dark dreary bass/guitar melody as Josh's vocals match. The production on the drums is crisp and smooth, and the guitar tone has great variety.
I sat by the ocean is a catchy song which is deservingly the most popular of the album. The strumming pattern plus the chord progression makes this song very replayable. Personal fav from the album.
Vampyre is another dreary one, this time with a melancholy piano base, and a solo that is perfect for the song. Also cool drum distortion near the end.
If I had a tail has a great hook with growling backup vocals and an interesting solo. The chord progression is angry, which matches the vocals perfectly.
1/2

Rhye - Woman

or

True Widow - Circumambulation

2/2
My god is the sun has another great hook, with some guitar harmonies right off the bat. A drum part that fits the song perfectly, and a great chorus.

Kalopsia is probably the most relaxed song on the album, with the slow light verse, but the chorus is very different with its distorted guitars and hi hat-y drums. I love this song esp for the piano at 2:18.

Fairweather Friends is another personal fav, with the group vocals to Elton John featuring on piano, along with countless others featuring on the group vocals. The buildup in the verses to the solo in the chorus makes this an amazing song.

Smooth sailing is a danceable track with more falsetto from Josh, and a slow heavy groove drum part, and the chaotic chorus makes this a great song.

I appear missing is another fav, with the muted guitar part in the verse, and the guitar kinda matching josh's vocals in the chorus but not quite is a cool effect. Even though this is the longest song on the album, it is not repetitive in any sense of the word. The final track,

...like clockwork, is the most dreary of them all, the piano switching from 4/4 to 2/4 throwing you off, the amazing solo work, more falsetto, more great drums, etc etc etc etc

10/10

lol at first I thought this was bait

God you're funny af.

Typed on mobile, kinda hard to do.
Me no very good English anyways.

Also, are you implying the album is bad? I kinda want to hear other people's opinions on it.

That's not what IDM is

dang 2013 was a good year

I would've picked darkside but this is really good too

Not who you're replying to, but I liked it user. Would hesitate to call it a masterpiece but definitely one of my favorite albums from that year.

>taking the genre 'IDM' seriously

its an inside joke pushed by critics and fans, no self-respecting artist ever identifies as IDM unironically

During its release it was pretty hard to get into it, but once it clicked for me. It was just something else.
Lots of good music during 2013 as mentioned in the thread.

came to post this. such a mammoth of an album.

0 - Ichiko Aoba