Effects/Plugins thread

What are your most important/can't-do-without plugins/effects? Your "secret weapons"?

Pic related for DAW work, holy shit have I gotten reliant on this little $30 plugin so much. And the Komplete stuff, that's good too.

Also, the Glitchmachines plugins are relatively cheap and extremely useful. If you do electronic stuff, I would strongly recommend.

Regarding guitars, I like a variety of distortion effects, but Polytune is really where it's at.

Any takers? I figured it'd be better if this was left off /bleep/ or whatever, since this is about effects, regardless of genre or type.

Just switched from reason 8 to Logic Pro X, so this topic is of great interest to me. Where do you use the sausage fattener OP?

I got this used at a local guitar store for about 30 dollars, and, personally, it's been my bread and butter ever since.

>Where do you use the sausage fattener OP?
Pretty much everywhere that could be "fatter" through compression. Basically where I want something loud, to the point where I don't mind if it distorts a little. And as I don't worry about distortion/saturation all that much, it gets used everywhere. For sure it's on pretty much every drum bus as well as bass unless I have very good reason not to put it on there. As well as stuff like guitars maybe, but mainly just as a nice limiter.

It's a plugin made by EDM guys, and it works precisely for whatever EDM production requires, mainly cranked, loud sounds. While I've very much gone away from EDM (because it's terrible, honestly), it's still a nice tool to use. It simplifies a lot of tasks that would otherwise be more complicated and a pain in the ass to do.

Fuzz factory

Dexed, Synth1, DSK plugins are good too. All free.

I am looking for some HQ instrument plugins. Plugins that emulate sounds of guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, violen, piano. DSK has these but the quality of sound is bad.

maserati grp from waves, and probably the best plugins bundle to me, it's from soundtoys

>Plugins that emulate sounds of guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, violin, piano.
Kontakt packs, if you're willing to pay for them. It'll cost you money, but honestly, I think they're the best emulation around that's of anything near reasonable cost.

Personally, I prefer the DS-2, but yeah, these are the basics, and yet they really do do the job. I'd consider getting a better distortion amp if not for the fact that the amp I have has really good distortion (Mesa Mini Recto), and all my other amps are too cheap to really register a difference.

it sounds fuking awful

I like the sausage fattener only because the sausage gets angrier when you turn the knob

alright I think it's time to get those Kontakts then. Thanks.

These are all my plugins. If any name interests you and you want to know what it does and hows it like, ask me. I have not yet sorted them as Effects & Generators properly so some names might repeat. A very few of them were thrown off by my antivirus so some have their dll missing and don't work. But almost everything works. All of these are available for free on the interwebz.

1/5

Carbon copy (two of them)
Looper
Wah pedal

All I have and it has worked for me for awhile

2/5

No distortions? That's rare.

3/5

4/5

You know how to work VOPM? I once got it on a whim, but I don't really know how it works.

5/5

VOPM is like Patcher in FL. Those faders are very badly described though. I have only opened it once but now I am interested. I will have to find what those faders do exactly

Scandalous ---> is good if you like those kinds

>Patcher in FL
I use Ableton…I'll figure it out eventually though. The saving grace is that at least the default sound sounds really nice and is very much useable anyway.

All of ValhallaDSP's reverbs plugins. Muh reverb.
Ohmicide. Muh distortion.
Glitch 2. Muh glitch.
The Drop. Muh filters.

I use Image-Line's Waveshaper and Free filter as well.