/Swans/

Tour discussion, new album discussion, etc.

For those who have gone to the recent concerts, how do they sound without Thor? Is the new album worth hearing live?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/swans/comments/4rn3ii/anybody_see_them_in_philly/
youtu.be/O613u0zBBmY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

despertley need to know, they play my town tomorrow night

I just went ahead and got the ticket. I haven't seen them before anyways.

bump for interest. going to their show next week and i want to know what to expect

Bump for Asheville's show

Saw them in Boston last week, they were great.

was the whole performance glowing man stuff, or did they play anything off tbk?

(Unknown)
(A large segment of No Words/… more )
Screen Shot
The Cloud of Forgetting
The Cloud of Unknowing
Some Things We Do / The World Looks Black
The Glowing Man

I didn't see them yet but this was on setlist.fm. You should go there whenever you have questions about a band's current setlist. Also, the band's respective subreddit might help too. For instance, this post: reddit.com/r/swans/comments/4rn3ii/anybody_see_them_in_philly/

nice, thanks.

How's this Okkyung Lee that's opening for Swans here?

Just Screen Shot, and the rest was all from TGM. Wish I would have seen them when they dropped TBK, it has my favorite material from their new era.

How hype was it when they played the Glowing man track?

I'm not a huge Swans fan (mostly because i discovered them a few months ago), but they're coming to my country for the first time.
Should i buy i ticket and go see them?

Definitely the most hyped track and the one I enjoyed it the most. Everyone was headbagin' hard.

Awesome, arrive early, seeing her performance is awesome. She practically chokes and molests the chello.

Which country?

...Chile, so not many opportunities to see them again

I say yes, bands like these dont go
Around too much

Going to that one
Oh shit

I might see them in October. Is there any info about band's future?

For those who went to the show around what time did the set end? I gotta catch the subway by 11:30.

saw them in boston last week. it was incredible, but some fool was texting in front of me throughout the whole damn show

What kind of folk are you seeing at the show? Hipsters? Metalheads? Older people? Youngsters?

some dads and a bunch of unhealthy hipsters

What time did the set end?

around 11:30

Who replaced Thor Harris?

this keyboard dude. he was on point and just as energetic as Christoph

Went to see them in Quebec. Even Hang out and smoked Weed with Christoph Hahn after the show. Great guy.

It's not a big loss without Thor. Phil is still using the Dulcimer for some songs. The band is really all connecting and Gira is really the conductor like always. Everyone's looking at everyone, the flows of each song was impeccable. I must say Gira was losing his voice nearly the end but the rest of the band were perfect. Sadly, I didn't heard the piano guy, maybe because of the place I wasI was on the front), never heard during the set.

Okay, not bad I think I'll make the bus on time.

It's fucking amazing. The girl is fuckin insane. Clearly the best opener for any Swans show, just because it doesn't sound like the band, but she has the same energy has them but in a solo way.

So there's no drummer? What about Bill Rieflin?

if you know can make it, definetly go for it. you're gonna have a fun night

I was in Quebec and they said there were gonna play in Montreal next year. At the beginning they play a new song they are working in each show.

Pretty sure Gira is gonna take a break, but at the same time he looks really old for now. don't know what's gonna be the future for the band.

Phil is still there, there's just no Percussions or Bells now. But Phil is playing the dulcimer at least.

They should play Raping a Slave, there's a live version on Filth and i thought it was great

Yeah, I'm psyched, sucks though would like to get Gira's signature or say what's up after the show.

he's a very down to earth man. very thankful, honest and willing to make small talk with the fans. you might be able to get in a quick handshake before they leave

I definitely have to see this band at least one time. I'm going to fly to Berlin (from Riga) for their show.

I'm disappointed I missed the show in Quebec due to a few inconveniences, how was the crowd/did it end up selling out?

>tfw 5 hour drive to Minneapolis in a few days.
>have to work on that day.

I don't know if I should call in and go drive down for the day.

The Crowd was great, it was kinda full, everyon had plenty of space, one guy was a bit drunk a praticlly spilled his beer on Christoph Hahn's gear. A security guy took him and I took his place in the front.

The sound was really great, and while I was in the front it was obviously fucking loud.

Gira was kinda losing his voice near the end, and even if they had some little techincal problems, Everyone was playing flawlessly following Gira's. So yeah it was amazing.

The song Glowing Man is just so powerful live. and Okkyung Lee is amazing too. Don't miss a show from them this tour it could be the last

ayee they're coming to colombia too
its free in my town, definitely going even though i only listened to Filth, Cop and SFTB

I'll see you there, bro.
>tfw i live in mpls

What happened to Thor? Why did he leave?

don't miss the show. it might be your last chance seeing them live

Which Ny show will be better

it's free in bogotá? holy shit!

Who /DC/ here?

Excited as fuck to go

OP
Going to the 9:30 club as well, last band I saw there was Gybe so I'm pretty hyped too.

Nice demon trips.

This will be my first concert and Swans is my all time favorite band so I'm extremely excited to go. I'm also a bit nervous because I don't know how loud it will be and idk what it will do to my ears, but I'm confident seeing swans will be worth it

Plugs bro, plugs. Don't risk it. In my experience they make gigs better. Assuming you buy musician plugs/filters, not the aeroplane kind.

I'm gonna see them in Medellin. I enjoy all the discography, mostly the White Light... and Love Of Life era. The Glowing Man is my actual AOTY, must listen if you're going too

I live nearby, but am a bit averse to paying $35 for it
fuck the 9:30 club for that
definitely get earplugs, even if only as a contingency plan

So fucking pumped to see them in the UK with Anna von Hausswolff opening, damn. Glad you guys are giving such good reviews of it.

Are there any specific kinds of ear plugs I should get or do I get whatever says "for concerts" or the likes of that?

Is anyone going to the Lincoln Hall Show in Chicago? I'm going to be there and it will be my first time seeing them. I know I'm bringing Ear Plugs.

Also do they usually sell band merchandise in concerts. I don't go that much. And would like to get some of their Albums on Vinyl and get some shirts.

I use Alpine Musicsafe Pro. I really like the three different filters. I used the weakest ones for AnCo (damn glad I did, people were in visible pain during Loch Raven) but I know I'll use the strongest ones for Swans. You can get cheaper ones (though they're really not that expensive) if you want. I love those, though.

I think the Etymotic Earplugs work too.

youtu.be/O613u0zBBmY

Damn it, I just lost my musician earplugs so the foam ones are going to have to do...

Is it going to be that much worse?

Thank you very much user. I'll check them out.

Can't get ones before the gig? They sell them at most music stores. Foam earplugs just do something different. It is gonna be worse. It's still certainly better than tinnitus or skipping the gig, so don't sweat it too much man.

Heard they're good yeah.

No problem man. Honestly happy when people listen. I am so paranoid about tinnitus and most people are at risk and are so unaware and careless...

Albuquerque, standing by.

I think I'll be fine with the foam ones... I would be concerned if it was just standard loud, but it's Swans loud. I'll be fine as long as I'm feeling it.

I have sensitive hearing anyway, so the extra 10db of cancellation might be helpful.

It's okay with Foam.
What I love the most with some heavy sounding band is the be in the front even with earplugs the sound is just pushing into the air it's amazing.

going to the july 31 show in willyburg

absolute garbage opinion mate

Would it be weird to go by myself? I've never gone to a concert alone before

Hey slow your roll. If you disagree talk about your favorites, etc. Don't be rude.

Those are quite cheap, do they really work well?

which one is that?
is she opening for them in any of the london shows?

Just saw them in Toronto on Sunday. I highly recommend gong to this concert if you have the chance!

It was just so amazing, such amazing and skilled artists. 10/10

Anyone going to Shank Hall this Wednesday?

No. I go to concerts by myself all the time, I almost prefer it.

>Swans will never come to my because I live in fucking Brazil
FUUUCK
They are my favorite band and I'm never going to see they live

I was the user in the other thread who didn't want to go to the Boston show but did anyways

I got a great spot and it was great. I had to leave after a couple of hours because my legs were hurting, but I got me one of those "You Fucking People Make Me Sick" shirts, which I've wanted for a long time

So thanks

>>my country
Fixed.

How loud was it? Were your eyes vibrating in your skull? Did you feel it in your bones?

Yeah, I could feel it in my head
I was tired of standing by the time they went on but as soon as they were doing these swells (I guess it's an introduction or untitled thing) it got the adrenaline going because it was so loud

Was nice. I've only listened to The Seer, To Be Kind, and The Glowing Man like one time each lol, but I've seen Swans three times

>tfw missed their toronto show because on vacation
>tfw wouldn't have been able to see them anyway because I'm 3 months younger than I need to be
>tfw they're playing literally right now and I'm missing it

W-will they ever tour again?

bump

going to see them in detroit tomorrow and i still need to get ear plugs. do any of the pharmacies sell decent ear plugs?

since gira said that there's a good chance that there will be a toronto stop too

What happened to thor?

doing different projects

So Thor left, does thia still mean more swans albums though? Gira has been vague whether or not Swans is over, or just this combination of group members is over

He hasn't been vague at all. He's clearly stated that SWANS will continue, just that this iteration of the band is over. He'll continue the band with a new cast of musicians. Although, it is probably pretty likely that some return, like Norman Westberg, and hopefully Kristof Hahn.

I saw the show in Philly and it seemed like she was having some technical issues.

A bit after midnight, like 12:10

thor promised me they would do mexico one more time :(

Going to gigs by yourself is god-tier. I was so fucking worried the first time, bugged everyone to come with me but no one wanted to or was available. Now it's bad because I would much rather go by myself.

G L A S G O W
L
A
S
G
O
W

I believe she's opening for the whole Europe/UK tour. (pic related)

I was the user who "convinced" you to go. Glad you enjoyed bud.

Yes but go to a music store if you can and get better ones. Pharmacy ones will definitely do though.

>mfw im most likely not going to be able to see them play in dallas
>mfw this might be the last time they tour

They do sell band merch and ill be there as well! Hopefully if im in the crowd the guards wont mind a lil weed smoke. And b4 420 LMAO