"I'm a musician."

>"I'm a musician."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbFIGFv4GLQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turntablism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

DJs aren't. Producers who DJ (99% of EDM artists) are.

>DJs aren't.

m8, don't be a lad - turntables are by definition a 'musical instrument', since they are an instrument used toproduce music

on top of that, they take no small meaure of skill to operate and produce something the audience appreciates

so some DJs are musicians

... some

>Producers
Over-entitled trustfund-having millennial detected. Why dont you write me a "EDM hip hop banger" kiddo
you're stupid too

If somebody creates any form of music it must follow that they are a musician. If it applies to older pop music like the Beatles, why shouldn't it apply to producers/DJs? The term is frankly not illustrious

Hi grandpa

I don't care. Any loser can be good at production (your laptop) and create a electronic dance song (club dance garbage)

Comeback to me when you're playing guitar with your best buds trying to make it on the road as a real musician
dumby

Fuck off. Musicians play musical instruments. DJs compile music and fuck with it. They don't create anything.

Exactly.

youtube.com/watch?v=KbFIGFv4GLQ

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turntablism

What is this fucking nonsense. This idiot is just destroying someone else's intellectual property . Is this what you support? Is this what you want happen? Is this what you call "music". Quit being a dumby.
the most pretentious jibber jabber ive ever read

You sound like my gran talking about when that new fangled rock n' roll came along.

Music died with big band music.

Yeah sure. Being a DJ is an art and is difficult to master. But it doesn't make one a musician. It requires no musical theory and just a technical skill.

Same with rock and all popular music.

>"I'm a musician"

Making music in general requires no music theory. I could literally bang my head on a piano and create music. I wouldn't find it enjoyable, and I don't think many people would, but it would be music

>Hitting play button = musician

Whew

They arent musicians but they do make money

Lel music died with the end of the 70s. (Aka when analog studio equipment was replaced with digital equipment and computers)

Plenty of music that was created in the 40s, 50s, 60s, and 70s would qualify as actual music that took skill and ability to create.

Dont you kids have some pretentious lecture at your hipster art school to attend to

yeah fuck technology!

quick, throw your computer and phone out the window

>still only playing keyboard

And electronic music requires no skill? Please, then, post a clyp of your best efforts

Classic rock music found its foundation in blues music. Both of which require great knowledge of musical theory, scales, ect. Don't talk shit about something you have zero knowledge of.

>know an old fuck who is a piano sales man
>every time I see him he bitches at me that he can't sell is over priced $10k literal table that only plays one type of sound
>mfw he actually says, "The sound is better because it's real!"

lol no they fucking don't

99% of rock is made by people with no clue about theory lmao

Electronic music itself isn't bad and unskilled. It just has the most untalented unskilled hacks making it.

I didn't say it doesn't take skill. It doesn't take musical talent and thus doesn't make a DJ a musician.

>doesn't know how to make guitar riffs with his midi

Let's be real here for a sec. The true musicians went on to digital because it's literally no boundaries and limitless. The only people butt mad about it are guitar shops and retards who can only handle plucking a few strings at a time

Those times are dead, people today want to go to clubs & festivals, kids wanna be DJs and make music like Skrillex, Avicii etc.
This EDM shit is never going away, its too poppy, has alot of pop-appeal, most if it already is electro-pop.

>ITT: butthurt faggots who play "real instruments"
I guess elseq 1-5 must have hit you guys hard with how obsolete it makes you guys look. Us programmers are the future of music. Maybe you guys should find a different hobby if you can't keep up with your shitty "technical musical skills".

>implying

A good bunch of the garage rock musicians that made rock music what it is now didn't know about the existence of blues music.

so you think guys like Muddy Waters or John Lee Hooker knew musical theory?

Notice I said classic rock. Rock after the 70s also went to shit. And yes I will agree that 99% of young rock artists today aren't real musicians either. Power chords ftw.

This entire thread is a cesspit of trolls feeding trolls

Does it take talent to make thing?
Does thing produce some sort of sound?
Ergo it's musical talent.

>Rock after the 70s also went to shit.

lol are you serious

>Power chords ftw
>he was just talking about how much music theory knowledge was needed to wrote rock music

Duuuuuude? Aphex twin, Autechre, Venetian Snares, Amon Tobin, Shpongle, Ott, Biosphere, Squarepusher, BOC, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Hux Flux, and I could go on forever. Electronica, if you look deep into it, is literally the most musically and technically superior genre of this era and the genre of future. You need to get out of that mindset. You have no idea how electronic music is made.

>tipping intensifies

I graduated a few months ago. i now play dota all day while listening to rinse fm mixes.

But that's boring. I'd rather play my instruments, though I have nothing against synthesized instruments, but I play acoustic instruments and a synthesizer

Besides, the means of the instrumentals isn't what matters, it's the composition/arrangement/songwriting that does

Besides, it doesn't matter w

>Besides, it doesn't matter w
that's weird. I don't remember typing that

Being a DJ doesn't make you a turntableist though. I can appreciate both in the right setting as long as they are good at what they do.

And Beethoven wasn't a musician because he was just waving his arms.
(Yes, I get Beethoven could play actual instruments as well)

DJ Shadow exists.

Beethoven was a composer. He wrote music that was predominantly played by others.