Concerts you've been to/plan on going to this year

I saw Sound of Ceres and Pere Ubu this year and they were both great. I might be seeing David Allen Coe tomorrow and I might be seeing Brian Wilson in August.
>pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzFySiOtnE
youtube.com/watch?v=IFjGGAE7jpE
youtube.com/watch?v=qBtLo91JphU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only show I've seen this year was Nothing this past Thursday. It was really good. Keeping an eye out for Radiohead and Sigur Ros shows

Saw Chelsea Wolfe in May

Saw the Fray last week (Went with a normie friend who I dragged to the CW show.)

Seeing Swans in a couple of days.

Seeing Car Seat Headrest this weekend.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Big Business, Auntie at Barracuda (611 E. 7th St.) [9pm]
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzFySiOtnE

I thought about going to see Swans in Asheville but I bought Brian Wilson tickets instead.
I bet Sigur Ros is great live.

There's a small chance i may go to see Swans in August, after that not much. No shows announced by anyone i like this year :(

Best Shows 2016:
1. Nothing
2. Swans
3. Julien Baker

Worst Shows 2016:
1. Ty Segall & The Muggers
2. Animal Collective
3. Lucy Dacus (not bad, just eh)

Upcoming:
The Hotelier
Paul McCartney
Julien Baker (third time this year)
Mitski
Teen Suicide/Elvis Depressedly
Explosions In The Sky
Diet Cig
Titus Andronicus
and maybe probably Lush

Haven't really seen any Sup Forumscore live ever, but so far this year I've seen a Zeppelin cover band, Twiddle, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Violent Femmes, and Dead & Company twice. I'm going to see Blues Traveler in August and The Chris Robinson Brotherhood in October. I want go to Wilco with Kurt Vile opening in August but it's expensive as fuck. I might go to Trampled by Turtles in September but that's on a weeknight so idk.

>Lush
Would love to see Lush but they're not coming anywhere near me.

Saw BTBAM playing in Portland a few months back. They played a bunch of songs off of all their albums.

Swans will be here in September. Has anybody seen them?

>Kris Kristofferson
You lucky fuck

>Seeing swans in a couple days
Wednesday?

>4/20/2016 - The Fox Theater
Death Grips
Savages

not too bad, wish I was standing closer tho

>3/21/2016 - The Regency Ballroom
Between the Buried and Me
August Burns Red
Good Tiger

BtBaM was alright-ish, kinda underwhelming. impressed by good tiger.

How were the femmes? It's pretty simple music so I assume you couldn't fuck it up too bad.

Which Nothing show did you go to?

Lots, recently saw Deafheaven, fucking wild.

Pretty small venue, amazing sound and stage presence. Got drunk, slammed through most of it, got home, jerked off, passed out.

Shit, this is my life.

Speak of the devil. I guess you had a worse experience then I did.

I think I just hyped myself up for the show too much - also, I had just driven 5hrs to see a friend and catch the show, so I was a bit worn down. Definitely worth the price of admission, but not what I hoped it'd be.

donde los viste senpai

The one in Boston
Culture Abuse was great too (cerebal palsy + blackout drunk lead singer destroying mic stand and throwing mic at kid in front row)

I was standing right next to the speakers and during the "If you feel like letting go" part of Bent Nail the speakers started rumbling and made all the hairs on my arm vibrate. It was probably as close to heroin one gets while being sober.

Pic related

I saw Deafheaven last monday. Pretty good show

Yeah. You gonna be at Shank Hall?

Yeah Culture Abuse was really good. I was bit disappointed at their studio work because it wasn't as hardcore as it seemed live. Do you know why Nick Bassett wasn't touring with Nothing? Working on new Whirr material?

Seeing Baroness and Pallbearer in August in NYC. Never seen either band but I'm a big fan of both.

>BtBaM was alright-ish, kinda underwhelming. impressed by good tiger.
If they're touring for Coma Ecliptic than that thar be why.

I saw them on their Colors and TP2 tours and they were nuts.

u right

youtube.com/watch?v=IFjGGAE7jpE

This year, I've seen Metric, M83, Shearwater, Radical Face, and Real Estate.

I'm seeing Wye Oak this weekend, The National at the end of the month, Gregory Alan Isakov, Sigur Ros, and Okkervil River. Need to buy tickets for Jose Gonzales too.

saw Deafheaven last saturday, George grabbed me and put the mic close enough between us so we would scream the last part of Dream House together, will never forget

I was into Cultural Abuse beforehand so I wasn't expecting them to be as hardcore as they were, but yeah there isn't as much energy there.

Lol, people were asking why Nick wasn't there in the audience, never got an answer.
I'm hoping for new Whirr, if only to see them live again, but then again I really liked Sway.

Hell yeah, hoping Amazon primes comes through on my concert earplugs

I kind of idolize colors so I went in knowing it couldn't possibly match my expectations. Otherwise was cool to hear paul and dustie shred it live

also new album sucks. and tommy's voice is fucking horrendous live.

Funny thing, I just lost my pair so I'm gonna borrow a friend's! Was seriously considering getting another pair through Prime...

>tfw george will never grab you and scream while little spittles fly onto your face

saw:
The Body
NAILS

seeing Marissa Nadler on weds. opening is Wrekmeister Harmonies and Muscle and Marrow, I like all three quite a bit.

Tears for Fears are back in Sept. honestly one of the best shows I've ever saw last september. They seem to have a blast.

Sigur Rós on october 1st.

Oathbreaker in Chicago oct. 22nd (I'm so fucking excited for this)

Gonna see Earth open for Boris (and then see Boris) in August which should be sweet

This has been a year of quality over quantity so far. Just saw The Mother Hips in May and Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth in June and seeing Deerhoof Weds.

Damn the Body and Nails? That's a pretty good one-two combo for concert going.

I have a feeling both of their shows would be unbelievable loud live.

on my radar as well. Apparently MnM chick has severe stage fright.

Friday, July 29, 2016
Inter Arma, Withered, Lions of Tsavo at The Sidewinder [9pm, all ages]
Marissa Nadler, Wrekmeister Harmonies, Muscle and Marrow at The Sidewinder [8pm, all ages]

I assume I'll have to pay for inside and outside instead of just getting a 2 for 1

oh no they weren't together, that would have been great though. Just a couple weeks apart. Both were wonderfully loud.

Do you know if Earth is bringing any of the singers from the last album?

Seeing Paul in St. Louis in August.

The hype is through the roof.

Melvins
Napalm Death
Melt Banana
Shellac
Mono

Also I'm very stoked about seeing Dalek cause I'm gunna be an opening act for them. Still blowing my mind.

Gunna also try to make Russian Circles and maybe Wrekmeister Harmonies.

Yeah first show with ear plugs for me, got a massive wake up call after front row of an Acid Mother Temple show

saw MONO last year. Loudest show of my life. I felt drunk after it.

I've got no idea

Man they were loud when I seen em, but not that loud. The loudest thing I've seen was The Body at a basement show. That was too fucking loud.

Seen so far:

The Reverend Horton Heat
Quilt
Ra Ra Riot
>Their new stuff is incredibly unremarkable, but I like their first album, and I'd heard good things about one of their openers (PWR BTTM)
Flight of the Conchords

Tried to get tickets for Radiohead since they played London while I was in the UK, but given that they played a 1600-person venue I had zero success despite waking myself up at two in the morning to try to nab a ticket.

Coming up:
Wye Oak
>This Wednesday with a girl, giggity giggity
Julien Baker
Ben Folds

I have ER20BPs and EarPeace HDs and both seem to attenuate the high end too much for my tastes. Has anyone tried those and found another pair to be much better?

>The Reverend Horton Heat
great last album

Seen:
-Royal Headache
-Cheap Girls
-Earth/Vatican Shadow
-Punk Rock Bowling fest

Going:
-Mike Watt playing for free this week, might go since it's close by
-Boris/Earth
-Carcass/Crowbar day after Boris
-Going on tour with friend's band for a week and ending up at Wrecking Ball ATL fest
-Guided by Voices in August
-Psycho Las Vegas Fest in August
-Dinosaur Jr. in September

A lot of music coming up

>Earth/Vatican Shadow
Oh man that must've been killer

>-Guided by Voices in August
great new album

pretty Polvo at times
youtube.com/watch?v=qBtLo91JphU

Lima, Perú hermanito

Went to:
-The Mountain Goats
-Screaming Females
-Aesop Rock
-Against Me!

Going to:
-Unknown Mortal Orchestra
-Riot Fest (hopefully if I can get that weekend off work and find someone to go with)
-Ghost
-Tobacco
-

They're definitely one of my favorite bands. They're playing two dates here and I'm thinking of going to both. I saw them a few years ago and they were so damn good. Bob can out perform most musicians in their 20's

Femmes were great. Wasn't expecting much because the vocals on the new album were less than stellar, but at the show they sounded just like on the self-titled. Setlist was awesome, too, they did Jesus Walking on Water, I Held Her in My Arms, Gone Daddy Gone, and Add It Up encore stuck out the most for me.

Yeah. It was incredible when he sang, but he had Merle Haggard's kids backing him up and they sang about half the songs, and he only did one set, since he was opening for Willie Nelson, but he did all the biggest songs he wrote for other people like Bobby McGee and I cried during Take the Ribbon From My Hair and especially Sunday Morning Coming Down.

Last show I went to was a local drone/doom metal house show, Drowning Horse, smoke machines in a cramped room with slow and heavy drone metal, shit was awesome

Next one I've got a ticket to is The Cure, big fan but idk how good it's going to be live, been watching their 2016 live videos on youtube and they sound a lot more lethargic and sluggish than I would have hoped, especially playing their earlier material

>Psycho Fest in August
user pls go with me.

Rascal Flats
I didn't choose the concert...

Seen:
Megadeth/Havok/Suicidal Tendencies
Ghost/Tribulation

Seeing:
Intronaut
Paul McCartney
Jeff Beck/Buddy Guy
Black Sabbath
Ghost again

>Riot Fest
Dude I'd go alone just for the Misfits

Oh shit Ghost! I might be seeing them on Halloween. It's a weeknight, but still. Seeing Ghost on Halloween would be a little too perfect.

>Black Sabbath
try and score The End CD. They supposedly sell out within minutes and go for $100 on ebay.

Went to:
Minus the Bear
Baroness
Glassjaw
They Might Be Giants
TWIABP / mewithoutYou
Foxing / TTNG
Animal Collective
The Fall
Three Trapped Tigers
Weezer
Brian Wilson
Tim Hecker
Meet Me In St Louis
M83

Going to:
Coheed and Cambria w/ mewithoutYou and La Dispute
The Fall of Troy
Swans
John Carpenter
Black Sabbath

Good year so far. Glad to finally see Weezer and I never thought I'd see MMISL live so that was awesome.

Good idea. And since I'm seeing them in Canada, I may get a "discount" due to the different currencies

Saw Aesop Rock a few days ago, it was great.

Not sure when I'll be able to see any others soon but I definitely wasn't missing that one.

2016 has been good to me

Seen:
Joanna Newsom
Violent Femmes
The Cure

Seeing:
The Tragically Hip
Car Seat Headrest
Swans (for the second time)
Peaches
Kanye

Seeing Swans next week, then seeing Radiohead the week after. Only recently started getting into music, the only concert I've ever been to was a Rolling Stones concert.