CD the new Vinyl?

When will CD's become the new vinyl?
I'm sure people will get bored with Vinyls, and hell I already am

>CDs
>new vinyl

I started collecting CDs around 2011/2012, and it has truly been the perfect time to collect; dirt cheap prices. And I also just hate the hassle of vinyl and the large cover art is annoying.

Probably never

People grew tired of seeing CDs everywhere, not only as music, but as software and games. It may be better and more convenient, but it's not as "cool" as vinyl. Plus most of CDs purposes are being defeated with digital download/streaming.

In what way? Vinyl is defeated by downloading and streaming as well

Some people prefer vinyl's more analog sound

Digital is on the far end of the convenience scale, and vinyl is on the far end of the archaic scale. CDs are in between, and are neither the most convenient or interesting.

I like CD's for what they are. I hate doing digital because songs degrade in quality even if they are lossless.

Cassettes are making their comeback, so I'm sure CD's will be king in a few years.

>I hate doing digital because songs degrade in quality even if they are lossless.
what

tfw I collect cassettes because even though I don't own anything that can play tapes, their small size and tiny cover art fits perfectly on my shelf and makes me feel comfy

which is a bullshit premise considering most modern releases pressed to vinyl were recorded on digital gear... that "warm and scratchy sound" hipsters love so much? that's your fucking player and shitty needle adding noise to the mix that isn't there.

desu that's why I collect records AND cassettes. I think physical mediums like those are cool. Particularly vinyl, because I just think the technology of how vinyls are created are cool as shit.

Eventually I'll have the money and space for a vinyl setup. Until then I'm limited to playing them at a friends once in a while.

I do not enjoy utilizing digital copies of songs because the quality of the song will degrade on my HDD and the quality will never be the same if I were to transfer the files to a new storage medium.

AFAIK, CD's don't degrade in quality as much just by sitting idle in the case.

CD is gunna be in right after laserdisc.
Aka. never

Wait, did you actually fall for the copypasta?

>that's your fucking player and shitty needle adding noise to the mix that isn't there.
As a noise fan why should I care?

What copypost?

The rotational velocidensity one.

The term seems familiar, but who knows...Was it mentioned on the what.cd prep site?

Yeah, dude. When are these faggots gonna realize they are fucking idiots for buying records? Records are a waste.

Hopefully never.
Vinyl Pros
>Bigger album art to appreciate
>Colored vinyl
>Classic sound
>Higher resale value
Vinyl Cons
>Take up more space
>More expensive

CD Pros
>None
CD Cons
>Everything

You forgot that I can take CDs to the beach with my portable disc player.

Why are none of you talking about Yeezus?

retarded post

meant this post

not

>classic sound
>lower-quality sound
ftfy

Fuck off

Vinyl Pros
>Bigger artwork
>Coloured vinyl, looks cool
>Higher resale
>Analog warmth

Vinyl Cons
>Takes up more space
>More expensive
>Very easy to damage, hard to keep nice
>Not portable

CD Pros
>Lossless audio
>Small, easy to store
>Cheaper than vinyl
>Easy to keep clean
>If buying used, damaged jewelcases can be easily replaced
>Portable; can be put in a Walkman or on your computer and be added to a music playing device

CD Cons
>Smaller artwork
>Easy to scratch, but unlike a record, a scratched CD will usually play fine

Are you implying that vinyl doesn't come in lossless audio?

I hope so, that way these ridiculous vinyl prices will decline. Ive seen albums for $35+. Im not talking about old rare albums, im talking new albums. Its fucking ridiculous.

That's what you get for living in the People Democratic Public Prison of Australasia.

Lol, never had i seen someone so ignorant about how files work.

Rotational Memodensity

I'm pretty sure people will start buying them again because they're a reliable way of getting WAV format music

This.
I prefer collecting CDs to vinyl, because I'm kind of a poor fag.
But in all honesty, CDs are more convenient, cheaper, you can get digital audio with it, etc.

lurk more

He's implying you don't get the crackling, it's just clean audio

If your setup isn't shit and you clean your records you won't get any crackles or pops either

Sure is nice that I don't have to do any of that shit with a CD. I can just pick up a cheap, used copy of a CD I want on Discogs for under 10 dollars, without having to worry about it having wear and making the sound quality less than stellar! Meanwhile, with my vinyl records, I'll have to either shell out my wallet to find a near unused copy of the album, settle with the used copies that have clear damage on them, or purchase a reproduction, which is usually trash. I'll also have to get up after every few songs to flip or change the records out, while I can just sit comfortably while listening to my CD, knowing I don't have to do that shit.

I sure am glad I don't have to bother with shitty vinyl.

It's almost like you've missed the point on everything