Is there a tier list for EDM?

Is there a tier list for EDM?

Obviously there's easily manufactured easily digestible genres like Dubstep and Trap, but what are the truly patrician genres of EDM

inb4
>edm
>patrician

go fuck yourselves im asking people who care

Other urls found in this thread:

djmag.com/top100dj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

'''''''''''EDM'''''''''''' started with brostep and then theres been big room house, trap, shitty prog house and laughable deep house.

Thats about the only choices.

There's trance

Was good in the 90's
Even up until the mid 2000's even

90s trance was a lot more interesting than the current trend with the variations of goa and psy etc but yeah, its as close to EDM pre EDC/Ultra Music Festival

>edm
>patrician
is the other way user

I have a soft spot for a lot of house stuff, it's fun to listen to at the gym.

I just can't stand that generic FL preset buildup/drop stuff with those fuzzy synth lines, they make my skin crawl

>hip hop
>rock
>pop
>patrician
go back there

try dark house, synth, synth wave, stuff in that area theres stuff out there, a lot of less well know stuff so go looking. only just found carpenter brut, and perturbator, kavinsky has a few tracks with more of an electronic feel.
some of the darker toned stuff is not so good to dance to, but if you get something with a driving beat to it, you can just go nuts and flail around

Great band, but are they really EDM?

Most on here will say it's IDM but I like the vibes Trance and Prog house have.

THIS

These are '''EDM'''

djmag.com/top100dj

EDM is'nt all electronic music, EDM is just Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival stuff

kavinsky? no, not at all, but they have some elements and the darker more driving sound is a dip in the dark house water, and thats more electronic.
has a pretty good list, I prefer daft punks human after all, ladytron is interesting, depeche mode, has some good stuff, flying lotus too,

I was obviously talking about Perturbator

It's not quite the "EDM" that was talking about. but OP seemed to be wanting other branches of the electronic music scene, preferably stuff that you can dance to. I figured I'd throw a few I like out there, give some ideas of where to start looking

Sebastian and most french house

EDM fucking sucks

that depends
are you talking about """"""""""""EDM"""""""""""" or any electronic dance music

Isn't EDM just a retarded American term that's meant to cover all electronic music, or does it now strictly mean entry level mainstream Brostep tier shit for wiggers and retarded college kids?

Yes

Ladytron sucks. Kavinsky falls into French house imo. Love ed banger stuff though.

Don't into edm
Go French house and chill step

When did I imply that, silly boy?

It's the new "techno"

This seems like a good thread to ask, what do you guys think of Siriusmo? I relistened to Mosiak again and I forgot how good it was.