Make a fun, shallow, summery record that still captures your signature noisy sound

>make a fun, shallow, summery record that still captures your signature noisy sound
>literally just fuck around and make a collection of simple catchy songs that sound clean
>everyone freaks the fuck out because you're not making the same "avant-garde" bullshit that you're known for
>music "critics" lose their shit

AnCo are master trolls

P.S. I really like it, just don't take it so seriously

>shallow
Lyrically its not only their more most mature and refined, its quite impressive

it appears shallow, but it's not really. they're trying to reject musical conventions a la dadaism while simultaneously trying to make their most straightforward pop release. I thought it was a really admirable concept, and executed incredibly well, no one seems to pay much mind to it though. Instead we get "lol synth farts" and "fanboy and chum chum" discussion because this place is a shithole.

kinda agree. however one thing that can't be argued is that PW has the best artwork AnCo has ever done

Painting With is Animal Collective's best album. Now before you groan, this isn't some contrarian opinion, this is objective fact. With this album the band shows their true colors: shallow, tasteless, banal, trend-hopping talentless hacks. Instead of AnCo hiding behind adolescent, pseudo-intellectual "deep" lyricism, they immerses themselves in the kind of hallow, bland pop writing they represent at heart. Instead of dipping their toes in different styles like in the past, they go full-on, even bringing on John Cale to complete the scene. Painting With is AnCo at their most primal - stupid, angsty, and immature, and it's better to embrace that fact than to continue hiding behind a false sense of depth. Painting With is a more honest record than anything else AnCo has attempted, because it strips away every pretense and put-on they have cheated two generations of GenXers and Millennials with for over 10 years. Every AnCo album is ultimately an exercise in formulaic mediocrity (especially intelligence-insulting MPP), but Painting With gives it to us straight: bad, but no bullshit. Every kissless virgin AnCo "fan" is oblivious to how truly awful they are, even during their so-called "classic period". They've proved nothing beyond their less-than-basic understanding of what makes a hit, and even then I balk at whoever was moronic enough to support the band by making their songs hits to begin with. Fuck Animal Collective, and fuck every loser who likes them.

nice try but you're gonna need a bigger bait to catch anyone who has been on Sup Forums for longer than 6 months

STGSTV and Feels are better.

Anco fandom actually has a good chance of getting you laid, in my experience

Well considering that's a subjective statement it can be argued.. But anyway, no it's not their most interesting but it's definitely fitting for the album, especially panda bears having that dude on the steps which is part of the animated slipmat they gave out with the record; if you watch it animate while listening to the end of recycling, you'll get it.

Sounds like somebody doesn't feel good cuz it's morning...

It's not really shallow. The songs are really dense, a lot of detail. If the album was entirely full of more shallow songs like FloriDada and Golden Gal more people would like it.

Some girls tried to dance on me and my friend at the AC show we went to on this tour, he's a sperg lord and I have a girlfriend so we ignored them, but the opportunity was there

PW actually strikes me as one of their most difficult albums with a lot of maturity in it. I've been dissecting the hocketing parts, trying to find the patterns used in each song, some of it is more complex than I expected. also Avey employs the hocketing in a different way than Panda does so it annoys me when plebs complain about Panda's songwriting when Avey did the same thing, only he used more subtlety so it's not as easy to notice. my only complaint is the mixing. the low end dominates the mix, completely obscuring Stetson's playing on Floridada, the toy piano on Summing the Wretch, etc. It's one of their best albums, easily on par with their other works.

PW is my favorite AnCo album but I guess weird meaningless pop-type shit is kind of what draws me in.

It's funny how people still try to defend this album

Wasn't this pasta originally about Weezer

BRAIN FREEEZE

>DUDE NEO DADAISM LMAO

Yikes

I used to say Animal Collective was overrated shit
I take that back. Painting With is a good record. The rest is shit.

this

Bla bla bla.

Just let people not like it.

Thanks for bringing your meaningful discussion to the table, we really need more shitposters on here.