/grimes general/

Talk about the nicest Canuck in the music biz, Claire Boucher.

Grimes video of the day:
youtu.be/YX1xnVm4v64

What is her best song? Album? Live performance? Who would you like to see her collab with?

Remember the golden rule, treat others as you would want them to treat you. Grimes would never be mean to you.
Try to keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

dazeddigital.com/music/gallery/19720/10/grimes-ready-to-fly
youtube.com/watch?v=0N9V6gTu-IM
youtube.com/watch?v=x3n8rygjczk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ze1ux7GiW_s
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ec6dzraS4o
youtube.com/watch?v=llUKCRQO8a4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just go back to your kpop thread faggot

Running through the dark woods, falling, couldn't see straight. I was only looking for a human to reciprocate.

Grimes has apparently had drunkenly miserable misadventures. Those seem to make the best metaphors.

Black hair Grimes is best Grimes

Post images or gtfo.

Art Angels is a great album. Prove me wrong.

Old poster.

Can't.

>Grimes working on Visions.
dazeddigital.com/music/gallery/19720/10/grimes-ready-to-fly

rare Grimes

how many pics of her are on the internet dude, it's like thousands of thousands

Hey that's wreck beach in Vancouver

See that shitty Yamaha synth? She started making music with that one.

I like seeing highly interested and creative people that sharply acted on it, and didn't become as broken as me.

I knew the overhead of implementing any of my ideas was very high. I don't know if I wasted time, but I've not moved much further towards much of anything.

During her tour with Lykke Li in 2011.

he fucked herrrr

Early live performance.

no, he didn't

yes he DID

NO.

she could use a nose jab

wow so many rare grimes recently
keep em coming

I'm looking for a rare Youtube video with Grimes performing at an art gallery or something. The little stage was in the middle and she performed a well known song (possibly Genesis or Oblivion). People walked from all directions (even behind the stage) on that hall or something. Any idea?

OK.

Perhaps her Guggenheim performance?
youtube.com/watch?v=0N9V6gTu-IM

Actually decent, watchable footage of that one is spotty afaik.

No. It was older, around Visions era I guess. It was filmed by an amateur. It seemed like she performed to no one. I remember there was kind of a semi-transparent screen behind her stage. You could see people walking behind that stage.

what do you think of lethe?

How did she look like? Hair colour, dress, etc..

you are correct.

he fucked her hard. that's why she cut ties with him. a friend from elementary school betraying her like that, all for money... casting her out from her artistic spawning grounds...

i hope arbutus crashes and burns.

you know its fucked in the sex sex sexey way :^)

stop spreading lies you bastard
he is not even from her elementary school

No he fucked her as in he fucked her over.

He's a rotten person.

dude

i fucked your mom then

Nah. From what I've read it sounds like he just proved to be completely incompetent at dealing with Grime's success, and has gone the bitter denial/manipulation route rather than owning up to his own failures.

very rare grimes perfoming on a rooftop using every part of her body

youtube.com/watch?v=x3n8rygjczk

>and has gone the bitter denial/manipulation route
exactly. he's a rotten person.

nothing excuses how he spread the sell-out narrative and alienated claire from her friends in montreal.

>Grime's
>Grimes'
>Grimes's
Which one is correct?

>Grimes will never be me mate

grimseysy

Grimezsz

this is the best grimes album

>Oi user u cunt
>let's all climb in yer ute and go down to the beach
>I'm in the mood for a vegan barbie.

>pleb opinions
fify

i agree

so we can all agree that
best grimes album opinion
halfaxa: contrarian
art angels: pleb
visions: best

what is grimes' opinion on psychadelic garage rock like thee oh sees?

Replace visions with halfaxa and it's perfect

>no geidi primes
>no darkbloom
>no lethe

>half Russian and half Ukrainian
>Canuck

I kind of agree with you though halfaxa has like a special power, I like listening to it and imagining that an alien made it
>daily reminder that claire boucher is an alien from saturn or some kind of roman goddess

where would you put them

wrong, I bet you're russian so fuck off

>>daily reminder that claire boucher is an alien from saturn or some kind of roman goddess
>so obsessed

>wrong
Boucher was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia.[14][15] She is of Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent.[16][17][18]

Nigger, please.
And I'm ukrainian btw.

Thats a nice lineup!

Grime's - possessive of the UK music genre grime.
Grimes' - possessive of the artist known as Grimes.
Grimes's - incorrect grammar.

What can I say - English as a language sucks.

>Boucher was born and raised in Vancouver, British Columbia. She is of Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent.
>not canuck
Nigger, please.
And I was close

>And I was close
lol. IS it how you cherish your butthurt, Damesha?

don't really see the difference between russians and ukrainians
>butthurt
why?

GRIMES A CUTE!!!

A CUTE!!!!!!

A CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is canuck equivalent for americuck? Who did she cucked then?

Claire here.
Suck a pen15.

Best experimental pop album ever.

>experimental
I have to admit it is a nice bait.

How would you call it? Bubblegum Emo Rock? Grimescore? Post-Internet Indietronica?

Grimescore sounds good

Fuck the genre

Now before we launch into the meaning of the thing, a little background info. Dostoevsky saw this painting when traveling in Switzerland, and was so struck by it that he climbed up on a chair in order to look at it more closely. (We have a nice little story about this in his wife's diary, where she's all stressed that security would make them leave.) Okay, so why does Rogozhin have a copy of this painting hanging in his house? And why does he constantly stare at it?

According to Dostoevsky's own notes, and then according to Myshkin and to Ippolit, this painting is pretty much right at the crux of Christian doctrine. Central to the Christian faith is the belief in Jesus's resurrection. But if you look at this image of what Jesus might have looked like after his crucifixion—beat up, bloody, emaciated, laid out on a slab, and really very, very dead (Holbein used a drowned body as a model)—you're forced to come to the conclusion that Jesus was just a mortal guy and that his resurrection is completely physically impossible.

For example, check out Rogozhin's own admission of the effect it's been having on him:

Over the door, however, there was one of strange and rather striking shape; it was six or seven feet in length, and not more than a foot in height. It represented the Saviour just taken from the cross.

The prince glanced at it, but took no further notice. He moved on hastily, as though anxious to get out of the house. But Rogozhin suddenly stopped underneath the picture. […]

"I like looking at that picture," muttered Rogozhin, not noticing, apparently, that the prince had not answered his question.

"That picture! That picture!" cried Myshkin, struck by a sudden idea. "Why, a man's faith might be ruined by looking at that picture!"

"So it is!" said Rogozhin, unexpectedly.
just sharing because one of her favorite books is the idiot and she often talks about christian symbolisms, cos she was raised as a christian

a suh dude

Simple, but nice.

Nothing special, but I enjoyed.

Different view: youtube.com/watch?v=Ze1ux7GiW_s

Yes. But Art Angels is very close.

youtube.com/watch?v=4Ec6dzraS4o

Sound-wise I like her Halfaza/Darkbloom era stuff the most but craft-wise each of her releases is significantly better than the last, so... I'll just be stuck listening to whatever she decides to do next.

obviously her worst and you are ultimate hipster if you prefer this to art angels

was just listening to tei shi, one of her best friends, when I found this music video of hers

youtube.com/watch?v=llUKCRQO8a4

which planet is shown?.................

coincidence????

so pretty

would marry, but i'm mortal ;(

Actually I love all her discography. What is her best album is a matter of preference.

Well, that was easy

>Stolen valor

what a poseur

It's called "well-made used clothing".

dream pop and art pop are objectively incorrect tags
experimental pop sounds ok

>dream pop is incorrect
listen to something besides Art Angels

You clearly don't know what you're talking about

Most of her pre-Art Angels songs are dream pop. You should listen to more of her music than Art Angels.

Geidi Primes is definitely art pop

Daily reminder that Grimes is very mean and have extremely bloated ego. Please, stop liking her, otherwise bullies will win.