>Not I'm In It

how can any Kanye album compete?

even Lou Reed agrees
>thetalkhouse.com/lou-reed-of-the-velvet-underground-talks-kanye-wests-yeezus/

By having good lyricism and concepts

And where is he now?

None of you have posted Late Registration you fucking hipsters

his 4th best

Late Registration > College Dropout > MBDTF > 808s > Graduation > Life of Pablo > Yeezus

>I just started listening to kanye

Can we stop this meme of early Kanye > old Kanye?

MBTDF > Late Registration > Yeezus > The College Dropout > Graduation > 808s > TLOP

>shitposting

no, not when he puts out lazy as fuck albums like yeezus.

He clearly still has talent. Ultralight Beam, Real Friends, and No More Parties in LA are some of his best tracks, just as good as his early stuff, but he obviously doesn't really care all that much about being consistently good anymore. Look at TLAP, half the songs were just throw away demos.

How in the fuck is YEEZUS lazy?

>most sonically interesting and completely unlike anything previously released by him is lazy

yeah no, CD and late registraion are ok albums but very clearly surpassed by him as he explored different sounds

Because he jumped the cool new noise hop trend and wrote most the lyrics in probably 20 minutes or so.

There is some interesting production going on, but most of the lyrics are embarrassingly bad.

>lyrics

and the pleb exposes himself

>lyrics aren't important in rap

cool meme my dude

>implying lyricism isn't the biggest flaws in all of his albums

>tfw you've been a kanye fan for 4 years and you just realized this was an album

I heard people bring up 808s but I thought it was just some kind of lp or something

Very well, as you were.

I mean EP

I keep thinking LP is limited play and extended is longer

I remember some of the lead-in to this album. The first time I heard Love Lockdown I was pretty intrigued by the stripped down sound, then I hear the album and it's one of the worst tracks. God, I love 808's.

Go to sleep you fantano cuck

How the fuck can you be a fan for years and not know one of his most acclaimed albums exists?

i fucking hate kanye wests music. It's all lame top 40's pop to me, but so far, the only interesting stuff i've heard from him that i enjoyed in the slightest was from yeezus.

It's funny you say that since I think Yeezus is an incredibly tryhard album. I respect what he has trying to do and I do think that it had a few good songs but I just don't think he did a very good job with it. I feel like it was trying to be abrasive and experimental just to be abrasive and experimental. It's not that I can't get behind that, I just don't think it was a very well executed or insightful effort on that front.

Tfw you don't realize 808's was one of the biggest inspirations for "top 40" artists like Drake and The Weeknd
Also must not have listened to MBDTF

mbdtf was lame. 808s too.

808s would be a lot better if I didn't have music PTSD from a majority of the songs from it through mainstream radio
this is a good opinion

Even if you didn't enjoy it you cant objectively say MBDTF was a "top 40 pop" sounding album with tracks like Blame Game, Hell of A Life, Runaway, etc. The only song that was a big radio hit off MBDTF was Power

Lyricism has always been a stumbling block for Kanye, but it's shown more on TLOP and Yeezus more than on his earlier stuff. His worst lines on LR make me shrug. His worst lines on Yeezus make me cringe.

This is now a Weeknd appreciation thread, post your rare Abel's

Yeezus has his worst lyricism, it seems that he went the minimalistic route with that as well. I'd argue that he has had songs with great lyricism and/or story telling (Family Business, Everything I am, Gorgeous, etc.) and that he still shows moments of good lyricism to this day (Saint Pablo, Real Friends, No More Parties in LA)

Agree with this

YES this is how I feel. I commend that he branched out and was experimental but that doesn't mean he succeeded at it. It was a decent album to be, some hits and some misses but it definitely has some of his worst/shallowest lyrics and some of the production felt rushed.