Name a better synthpop artist

Name a better synthpop artist

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f-BXagOG5VA
youtube.com/watch?v=OSZBfqqAJQ8
genius.com/The-knife-hangin-out-lyrics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Chvrches

I'm going to make a synthpop band called "Not Her" so any time someone asks this, it'll have a double meaning, considering I will become the best synthpop artist.

The Knife

Thomas Dolby
youtube.com/watch?v=f-BXagOG5VA
youtube.com/watch?v=OSZBfqqAJQ8

/thread

Better than Grimes? You must be kidding. They're one album wonder (Silent Shout).

One good album is better than no good albums.

Xeno & Oaklander
iamamiwhoami
Lights
Goldfrapp

Etc: Etc:

Molly Nilsson

Halfaxa, Visions, Art Angels, they're all fantastic albums.

Too much hit or miss.

New Order
Tears For Fears
Kraftwerk
Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark
Yellow Magic Orchestra

Not that hard

Chvrches
Purity Ring

Kraftwerk

Silent Shout and Shaking the Habitual is easily better than all of those. I don't even hate Grimes.

Even Witching Hour by Ladytron and Crystal Castles II trumps Grimes discog and those aren't even THAT great.

>Even Witching Hour by Ladytron and Crystal Castles II trumps Grimes discog and those aren't even THAT great.
>aren't even THAT great.
Wot? I thought they're some of the best albums of the 00s decade...

Deep Cuts and Shaking the Habitual were also really good, plus Fever Ray if that counts, and Grimes (to me) has never really gotten further than just making fun pop music. This is all opinion though, and I shouldn't of even replied to this thread since no matter what anyone says you're going to keep saying Grimes is the best, because that's what you believe. Threads like this are one of the reasons why Sup Forums is shitty and I'm just a part of the problem

OMD is lame
Somebody has to say it

>Grimes (to me) has never really gotten further than just making fun pop music
Explain why do you think Geidi Primes, Halfaxa and Visions are fun pop music according to you. Thanks.

I listened to Geidi Primes once and never felt like going back to it, so my opinion on it isn't really valid.
Halfaxa is like my go to album to play when I'm drawing or writing, makes art more fun, especially Weregild, Sagrad, Devon, World Princess, My Sister Says, Hallways. Also its fun to sing the straight vocal parts and the album just kind of makes me smile every time I hear it.
I'm kind of surprised you don't think Visions is fun pop. Infinite Love, Genesis, Eight, Circumambient, Vowels =, Be a Body, Symphonia IX, Nightmusic, and Skin are all really fun to listen, sing, and dance to. Oblivion is fun if I'm in the right mood, that beat can be infectious. Also I drive a lot at night, and this album usually makes it fun.

But of course people find all sorts of different things fun, and just because I feel this way doesn't mean I'm right or anything

They're pretty dark albums. I wouldn't call them fun. Catchy? Yes.

Also you said
>Deep Cuts and Shaking the Habitual were also really good, plus Fever Ray if that counts, and Grimes (to me) has never really gotten further than just making fun pop music.
Deep Cuts is funnier than anything by Grimes. It even has a song like Hangin' Out: genius.com/The-knife-hangin-out-lyrics

Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions and even Art Angels are much deeper than Deep Cuts. As for Shaking the Habitual, that isn't even synthpop. It's some experimental weirdo electronic.

>They're pretty dark albums.

You're going to have to elaborate on this

> I wouldn't call them fun. Catchy? Yes.

Difference in opinion like I've stated, plus you just kinda ignored everything I said about them being fun

>Deep Cuts is funnier than anything by Grimes. It even has a song like Hangin' Out

Yeah, that album can get pretty silly but a lot of its songs have messages in them, like You Make Me Like Charity, Is It Medicine, You Take My Breath Away. It just has a really playful vibe to it

>Geidi Primes, Halfaxa, Visions and even Art Angels are much deeper than Deep Cuts

Can't argue against Geidi Primes because I don't know that album, Halfaxa is mostly interesting noises and wordless singing so you'll have to inform me how its deep, Visions would be able to contend if Oblivion was the only song on the album, and Art Angels has to be a joke. You have to be fucking with me

>As for Shaking the Habitual, that isn't even synthpop

Got me there