/daily/ - "pokemon go" edition

It's one of these days

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, forget about Jangle's Thrift Tourney, listen to Keiji Haino scream, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>the new topsters

topsters.net/
>we link this out of respect

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group if you're interested! You'll sometimes get a response, try your luck

Most importantly, catch them all

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/fr/Les-Rallizes-Denudes-Le-12-Mars-1977-Tachikawa/release/1252446
youtube.com/watch?v=XBNNnyLK3iU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What should I listen to first lads

also is there a technique to become a better writer cuz i cant write reviews for shit

glorious picture

Delete /daily/.
Ban /daily/ posters.

Do whatever Dogwander, natkingcole, triangle, and Torts do. They're the only people who can review things.

Donphan Vliet?
holy fucking shit

>What should I listen to first lads
Tim Buckley
>also is there a technique to become a better writer cuz i cant write reviews for shit
writing reviews

Why do people call you SomeDumbCunt when you're clearly the smartest poster?

Ive seen this this thread constantly but never actually known what you guys do

listen to a new album a day? give me the rap

>listen to a new album a day?
not necessarily
basically what the OP says

Geogaddi
Did you like my rec?

>Why do people call you SomeDumbCunt
Because they don't know the difference between lowercase and uppercase letters. It's Somedumbcunt.

We make each other want to die. Occasionally there's music involved.

havent had a chance to listen to it and forgot to put it on the backlog

What does Mice Parade sound like amigo?

Why have trip drama over silly things like ratings and reviewing styles when we're not posting introduction to college writing tier reviews of a medium nobody has any serious education in.

We also discuss entry-level avant-teen movies because /lbg/ is mean.

Still better than /rym/ though

Comfy music
I don't know, its a nice listen that cheers you up

Dont't forget co
triangle doesn't write good reviews
and Torts doesn't writes reviews at all

torts' reviews on his RYM are great though

good evening lads i listened to Episome by otomo/laswell/yoshida
quite whatever 2.5/5

How patrician are your parents and siblings?

Black Pus/ Oozing wound split was terrific, recommended to lightning bolt/black pus fans. chippendale uses an uncharacteristic broad field of sounds on this.

DONPHAN VLIET LIVES
based OP

no

I can dig it

my dad listens to rallizés dénudés (no joke i swear) nd robbie basho, asw as robert wyatt i think
my mom is more aphex twin nd boring idm

sounds like Jandek

this is true, I don't

r u meming or is ur dad like dogwander or someone

yeah that got my meme on for today

its sad when people dont post their reviews here, its good for the thread

If Doggy were his Dad, he would grow up listening to Jandek and Keiji Haino.

god fuck you guys you're ruining my RYM curve I can't /like/ music

Terry Callier - What Color Is Love (1972)
>soul, chicago soul

I really, /really/, like pointing out when albums have quality dips from side to side, and this is no exception. The a-side here is absolutely wonderful, it's like mixture of Nick Drake and soul music and it's fucking incredible, "Dancing Girl" and "You Goin' Miss Your Candyman" in particular. The b-side is certainly servicable soul music, but it can't even touch the revelation of the a-side. Still, the whole album is enjoyable, Callier's voice is incredible and I love the arrangements.

3.0+

Teengenerate - Get Action! (1994)
>punk rock, garage punk

Just fun music. I've always had a thing for garage punk, and this is fast and scuzzy garage punk taken to a logical conclusion. Too lo-fi for it's own good, however, they have some honestly great melodies and driving rhythms but the production quality is just /too/ poor, and I rarely say that about lo-fi records. That doesn't detract /too/ much from it though.

3.0-

barely tbqh

im not fucking joking he has
discogs.com/fr/Les-Rallizes-Denudes-Le-12-Mars-1977-Tachikawa/release/1252446
at his place

okay seem like we have a /daily/ expert on board, hollup

My parents listen to typical parentcore, so basically a bunch of dadrock bands and shit like Adele and Mumford & Sons, very bland taste. My sister doesn't perform much better, she listens to a bunch of post-2000 pop artists (usually the calmer stuff though, no gaudy modern dance-pop afaik), it's decent but almost never anything special.

I just can't get over the fact that parents like this exist

Come to think of it, the dad of a friend of mine mentioned Wire and The Fall a few days ago, and I have seen part of his cd collection and he has some pretty nice shit. Probably the only real life example of a dad with an actually good taste I have found.

mornin' /daily/
I went to sleep at 6:30 this morning and woke uo at 2 pm

help me get control of my life

What do you listen to music with /daily/? My rig consists on
>AD700
>V-Moda M100
>Vsonic GR07
I can see your dad blasting 77 live in the middle of The night while you are forced to listen to Mizutani's voice. I bet you hate them
Yeah man it's good

Pretty much why I stopped making music now. All I do sounds like an inferior Jandek and I'm not satisfied with it either. I only have like 3 good songs now that I gotta keep polishing.
I wouldn't let my children listen to either Haino or Jandek till they were like 15 or something and would force it only if they liked it.

shes also well into french coldwave stuff, like trisomie 21 or guerre froide

So this is what your voice sounds like, eh. Was not expecting that. Also, pretty cool stuff. The harmonica is pretty neat.
What's her taste like anyway
Glad you enjoyed What Color Is Love. Do Flynt next pls.
I did a similar thing a few days ago. It's 2:20 AM here now and I should probably sleep soon but I feel like listening to something off my drone chart.

ask him about other albums he likes
maybe your dad will be the next daily tastemaker

>ruining my rym curve
>gives two 3.0´s in his post
are you meming us or using some meme rym rating system where 3.0 isnt just a 6 out of 10 slightly above average

everything is going great
neet is love

She likes Linkin Park, Miley Cyrus and most things on the radio. However She digs the songs i've shown her like Sonic Youth, The Strokes and AnCo (pleb shit). She got mad scared when i showed her grindcore

you ever listen to the Gories nat?
youtube.com/watch?v=XBNNnyLK3iU

he blasted 77' live in the car when i was a kid so when I listened to it again (for the first time by myself) at age 14 I think? it kinda blew my shit. Like i was sure I've heard enter the mirror somewhere before type of feel. also in 2010 i went to a keiji haino gig with him but it was my intention, I never heard him talking about haino I think

I showed him kengo iuchi and jandek 2 months ago and he said he liked it. He was more into kengo iuchi though

Nat has a meme system desu.
She's gonna have some fun with RPOV1.28 then.

u can suck on my dong you filthy gardeners

>6 for Joan D'Arc
>10 for Stalker
you're clueless

I am clueless but I'm enjoying it

oh god damn how the fuck did i not listen to this earlier. call me a pleb all you want but Pavement seem to do pop hooks better than fractured noise freakouts.

don't give up though, with some polishing you might actually have stumbled upon something worth getting further into

I have a stupid rating system, check my RYM for the explanation

no, but damn that's scuzzy, I dig it

Dreyer.

Yeh i just looked it up
what a memeizter

>7 rear window
>8 persona
>full 10 for stalker
dont ever go to letterbox gen theyll eat you alive
actually I think it now started being popular to hate on its such a beautiful day so I won´t get a break either

.reyerD

listen to Satie next to really wreq your curve

I'll try. I'm onto some good stuff lately.

ok real music related question now: should i get this is a long drive for someone with nothing to think about or illinoise

the best movie of all time is Ludwig II tbf. rest is useless

oh shit you havent heard you are my everlovin

i predict a 3.0+ or higher
if not you'll stop being my favorite dailien

illinoise

the avant teens aren't enjoying stalker and persona? what is happening to this world

are you one of them now kunt?

none. get yourself a copy of U2 by Negativland though

theyre enjoying persona but all tarkovsky is now off the schedule as he´s now too popular
also the mirror is the superior tarkovsky, check it out

One of whom?

and they dont love rear window?

one of.. THEM

Since I'm working my way through the daily memes i've missed so far atm, what Haino should I listen to, anything as well as I Said, This Is the Son of Nihilism?

Cool, you're liking my stuff more than I thought you would (i think at least, your rating system throws me off but what you say about the album is good). Like you said Teengenerate are just great fun.

Seconding that you should listen to The Gories.

Probably not, I don't know.

the mirror and andrei rublev. rest is noting

long drive
get the vinyl lp if you have a turntable, it has a couple of great songs not on the cd

they do, youd get flamed to hell and back from memerating stalker above those 2

i'm checking out the motifs next but yeah that's soon. the pieces i've heard by satie are incredible, so I'm fucked.

I'll try not to let you down!

yeah, I've liked your taste so far! besides psychocandy, which ironically I thought I'd fucking love.

pls post summer comfy pepe
these meme seasonal inconsistencies cannot stand

there's not a lot of these, I don't have a summer one
besides, the southern hemisphags can still enjoy it

Sigur Ros- Agaetis Byjrun

this was so incredibly not for me.
i honestly thought this was barely enjoyable at all
i disliked it so much i almost feel like i need to relisten some other time to see if its really that bad

1.5/10

I haven't even listened to Agaetis Byjrun but woah. Also, 1.5 on Violent Femmes? Wew. Some """controversial""" opinions here.

This was never funny.

>you're ruining my RYM curve
I realize you're probably kidding, but removing the idea that you need to have a perfect curve makes rating music so much more enjoyable.
Why would I try to have en equally bad album for every good album? It doesn't make sense to me.
A perfect rym curve to me says you're either
a) bad at choosing music to listen to
b) choosing music randomly
c) a tryhard that forces a perfect curve to look patrician so you can bully people that don't
d) a combination of the above
"oh shit that album was a 4! Better seek out a 2 now to balance the scales less I look like a pleb!"

Dream Letter 1968, if you like it then you got 3-4 folk era Buckley albums to keep you hella entertained.

Still better than a fish review ^(oo)^

I thought violent femmes was annoying as fucc

>Dad
His favorites are mostly dadrock, but he's familiar with a lot of post-punk, industrial, no wave, etc. because he worked at some underground record store until record stores went mostly extinct. One of his all time favorites is a punk band with less than five total RYM ratings for their entire discography so he must be certified patrician.

>Mom
Tears for Fears, Soft Cell, Michael Jackson, Enya, and Bon Jovi. She also likes all non-hip-hop Top 40 and Nickelback.

>Brother
Nu-metal and Marilyn Manson-esque Industrial.

>Sister
I don't really know, but she has a The Smiths poster.

Letterboxd general hates everything though. I'm pretty sure their "Wannabe Cinephile Starterpack" has like 200 directors on it.

Why do both topsters sites only work in incognito?

eyy fuck yeh good pan I like you

stop memeing me

A 1.5/10 should indicate that you absolutely HATE it right? Because I find it hard to imagine how one could hate that album. You can find it kinda boring I suppose (it does have some moments that I can't say I care for either), but to actively dislike it means that something must really rub you the wrong way, so elaborate.

patrician sister desu

oh i'm totally joking lmao, i hate when people get too fucking into the idea of a curve.

you're annoying as fucc >:(

WORSE
THAN
FISH
Do Comus already you turkey.

Not even Blister in the Sun was enjoyable to you? I don't like the album that much but a 1.5 is absurdly harsh desu. Also, I realised that I did not rate it on RYM. I really should stop forgetting to rate things.

Give album to listen to that's not shit

why

Thomas Tallis - Spem in Alium (Tallis Scholars recording)

You better like this or else, nerd.

Mine is actually starting to somewhat resemble a curve.

Rec me 65 2's please guys

Opus Avantra - introspezione

I mean 1.5 is a good bit below average.
I like it a bit more than rug but im going to thrust my opinions in here anyway cause why not

I feel as a lot of the melodies aren´t nearly as moving as people make them out to be, a lot of the time they feel generic. Few of the songs feel like they go nowhere and get same-y fast, it all feels like you took the slow parts of lucy in the sky, slowed them more and made an album out of it. It´s a nice concept but gets boring I find.
Also knowing icelandic really hinders the experience, let´s just say I´m really glad they later just started singing gibberish, its all horrible cliches on this one.
I don´t get the high opinion about it around here, feels like this would be the first place to pan it.

>a good bit below average.
we're talking out of 10 here friendo, it's pretty fucking near the lowest possible score

Tim Buckley Live At The Troubadour 1969

this first

then this

and this sounds good as fuck

eyyy i thought it was 1.5 out of 5
I gues thats p harsh in that case

>This was never funny.
shit taste, what a surprise.

More like Sperm in Alien.

>This was never funny.
Pigs were never funny
You were never funny

yes... listen to opus avantra... best avant prog ever made

I dunno if your system is like mine but if so,
f(x) - Pink Tape
Lewd

pigs are serious business
so is the donphan vliet meme, though

>and this sounds good as fuck
Absolutely BTFO's every song on Lorca; I put it on par with Starsailor as my favourite Buckley, and some days above it.
Aaand fuck me now I'm listening to it.

Blister in the sun is alright
the rest is incredibly bad imo

yo fuck you termi
i dont want a repeat of the time i panned rock bottom

it was one of the most boring albums ive ever heard, the strings were incredibly cliche
im already not a huge fan of repetition in a lot of cases, and the repetition here is godawful
also its like 75 minutes, having to sit through 75 minutes of sigur ros's boring bullshit is too much
another thing
crescendocore post rock is bad but at least it goes somewhere
this shit is so directionless it's mind numbing

fuck you
fuck sigur ros