Listens Slint and GYBE once

>listens Slint and GYBE once

I dont get it.

I think you get it

how does that sound remotely like GYBE

Slint is better than both of those

Terminus is better than anything off of Spiderland. But overall yeah, SL is better.

>Terminus is better than anything off of Spiderland

this site is 18+

wrong syntax you stupid parrot

>wrong syntax you stupid parrot

this site is 18+

It is though. I still love spiderland, but Terminus is a kick ass song with one of the best hooks I've ever heard. Plus the production is fantastic. I've never heard drums sound so good on a song.

While all three albums are amazing, the fact that Slint were literal teenagers when they made Spiderland just shows the raw, natural, prodigy that was the band. They are literally unlike any other line up I've seen in any other band. Not to mention the fact that they were a huge inspiration to both post-rock and math rock.

>literal teenagers
nah

there's a lot of post rock influence in that album. especially in terminus. although unwound is better than gybe could ever hope to be

I'm pretty sure they were in their early 20s when they released Spiderland. It's actually pretty common for great bands to release their best albums around the age of 23-25. But I'm not disagreeing, they were clearly more significant than GS or unwound. I just really dig terminus. Don Amon and washer still hits me harder, but terminus has a lot more going on than a lot of the songs off of SL, save for maybe Breadcrumb trail.

>Terminus is better than anything off of Spiderland

This is a fucking awful opinion. It really is.

Welp, good thing it's just an opinion right?

posting best unwound album

>he has an opinion i disagree with, so he must be underage
classic meme :^)

More like

>listens to Sonic Youth once

Exactly this.

I know but jesus fucking christ that's one of the worst I've ever seen, without exaggeration.

This.
Repetition is in second place.

Why? It's a really good song. You're pretty clearly blowing this way out of proportion. Obviously slint holds more cultural significance and all, but it's not like anything off of SL is considered very far out there now. There are dozens of bands that have built upon the foundations of slint. Not saying that it doesn't hold up, just that its style has been somewhat diluted. Take off you're nostalgia/mu goggles man.

That's all I'm gonna say, I'm not trying to convince you.

>It's a really good song

I agree that it's good. Does it hold a candle to Breadcrumb Trail, Don, Aman, Washer, or Good Morning, Captain. Nosferatu Man and For Dinner probably.

>it's not like anything off of SL is considered very far out there now

I've still yet to find an album like Spiderland.

>here are dozens of bands that have built upon the foundations of slint. Not saying that it doesn't hold up

Oh for sure. I mean on Leaves you've got We Invent You and Below The Salt, those tracks are fucking great. Terminus? It's good. In fact I'd say Below The Salt blows Washer out of the water.

The first half of Terminus is shit.

ITT: post unwound covers

Leaves > Fake Train = Repetition > New Plastic Ideas > The Future of What > Challenge for a Civilized Society > s/t

pretty good, i have the same top 3 as you

unwound is a bad band and if you like them you should fee lbad
/thread

prove it

:(

make me

absolute garbage opinion mate

Why is Leaves better than Fake Train? This is coming from someone who thinks Leaves is a 7/10 album and that its praise is completely overblown.

Whoops; And that Fake Train is a 8 or 9/10 album and very underrated.

Leaves is darker and colder while Fake Train is more agressive. They are different and the only reason I put Leaves above Fake Train is because I'm a sad fuck.

Also, Unwound have a great discography. Their worst album is still a 7/10.