Music to hook up

Just met a girl. I know she likes My chemical Romance, Alt J, Chon... Hook me up with some non-shitty related music so that I can pretend we have shit in common. Pic related, is her favorite band.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QTCkSR66fpg
youtube.com/watch?v=WCqaXfFJD9c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is the worst idea I have ever heard

blink-182 is the catchiest shit written since the '60s and she'll love them

Liturgy are defintely the goto band in this case, awesome emo rock with pop punk influeneces

Brand New's output is solid and will seem a little edgier to her

>Find another girl

Taking note. I could also take in some bands similar to Chon or Alt J.
I've pulled off worst. She's cute enough for me to try and find common ground.

Blink-182 is shit and you should feel embarrassed for being such a mouth breathing uncultured retard

What makes them bad?

Try Teen Suicide, Nirvana, The Smiths and The Cure. I know a girl who was really into MCR and they were her other favourites. In fact, she was the one that got me into Teen Suicide. Maybe ask her for recs.

Also, definitely Brand New.

I tried The Cure and she loved them, which is great because I actually like them.

Show her the Insecticide Album by Nirvana. Go for some Melvins next and then try out some Slint if she dug the other two. Maybe even some Flipper dawg. Andrew Jackson Jihad has also been a favorite with vaginas. Smiths and Ziggy Stardust era Bowie is good too. Try Christian Death if she's into MCR they're deathrock link related nigger.
youtube.com/watch?v=QTCkSR66fpg
youtube.com/watch?v=WCqaXfFJD9c

I forgot to mention Adam and the Ants and Mindless Self Indulgence. She'll probably really love MSI due to the fact the current bassist is Gerard Way's wife (unfortunately the albums with her are the worst)

Obviously ask her for recs to make conversation, instead of faking it like some socially incapable 25+ white guy on a tasmanian carpeting forum.

Ok, that sounds good. Bowie is a favourite, and Slint I like.
Will check them out.
>The accuracy hurts.
If you guys are right about the kind of music related to her taste of music, I might be able to share quite some stuff and won't have to pretend.

I'm giving more recs because I have nothing better to do and I feel as if I'm being helpful, but Modest Mouse, MGMT, Of Montreal and Gorillaz are liked by people that like this sort of music.

There's no hope user. You're just going to have to resign yourself to losing your virginity to twentyone pilots

Noted.
Cloud Atlas' soundtrack, actually. Could have been a lot worse.
Do you guys think she'll like X Japan or general shoegaze (Dig, Galaxie 500, MBV...)?

This imo

I doubt she would, sorry.

brand new, cap'n jazz, youth pictures of florence henderson, and maybe la dispute. i haven't listened to la dispute, but my freind played some songs for me that were the only good screamo ive ever heard so if she likes that stuff. also i think one of thrice's albums was okay. honestly slim pickings when it comes to that pop punk/emo stuff. you could try the shins, i think most plebs would at least like their first album.