ARCHIVE IS DOWN - UPDATE

Just got this from fuuka, seems things might not be as bad as they seem (maybe).

wew lad

wew lad

good

He does have all that shit backed up, right? He should distribute it to others just to make sure unless something bad really does happen.

that doesn't answer your question, can this nigga upload the database or not ?

a glimmer of hope boys

let it burn

this

all my embarrassing shitposts will now be lost in the mists of time

Come on Fuuka, Come on!!!!!!!

Fine, at this time.

We don't need an archive do we? Its probably 90% kpop general shit so we might as well judt get rid of it

kpop general really needs to be permanently moved to /trash/

Good news for the sharethreads also it looks like I don't have to retire this trip :^)

pls no, /trash/ used to be for comfy
move /kpop/ and waifushitters to a new board called /cel/ for eceleb shit, then move the metric fuckton of generals out of /trash/ back to their appropriate boards

Once the archive comes back we should save the web pages of the sharethreads to our own computers. Then if anything really bad happens we can have those and maybe upload them.

I just sent him something asking if he would be willing to distribute the files should he wish to discontinue rbt.asia. Hopefully he does give us the files and we can make our own backup, as a preventative measure.

/trash/ is for trash you fucking dweeb
don't make a community on a board that's meant for moving shit away

this
sharethreads are the only valuable threads of this board desu

what would 'really happen'?

like is some dickhead trying to take down the archives?

they stick to their own threads, there's literally nothing wrong with them you can just filter the word Kpop

okay so i don't know whether this means he's gonna share his files or not - I guess we'll have to download it ourselves when it goes back up.

but moving shit to it is barely ever done, especially nowadays
I don't mind them much desu, I just think they have literally no reason to be on this board as opposed to somewhere else
it's active waifufags like Grimesposters that are a real issue

whoops forgot image.

ask fuuka if hes down with death grips

I asked if he would be willing to upload the files so any of us could download it. This was his response.

>getting this concerned about a forum for Chinese cartoons

God, you sound like such a faggot

You should have seen /trash/ back when it was comfy

well shit, someone get on it

does anyone remember archive.no-ip?

good times.

How do I download this and use it?

Can I open it just like regular web pages and stuff?

he complains that there's no interest in this shit when people are freaking the fuck out over this, what a whiny cunt
at least most of the data is available as he said
when do you think it died
for me it was probably around march
november-february /trash/ was one of the best boards I've ever seen, and seeing it be so much better than other boards and how it's gone to being just as shit as them has made me realize just how worthless the time I waste coming to this website is
I can't even shitpost for fun anymore

Newfag here
What is all this about?

I've got no idea desu, I imagine it'd require some kind of tech knowhow which I unfortunately do not have. Maybe we could team up with Sup Forums if we wanna start our own, as they're also hosted by rbt.asia

>rbt-asia-mu-thumbs-2015-10-05.tar.gz
>rbt-asia-mu-thumbs-2016-03-01.tar.gz
Nothing for the images or posts themselves.
Nice one.

he complains that there's no interesting in helping host the archive

a lot of people value it, but nobody wants to waste their time managing it

a guy in the last thread said a new site (I think he said archive.mu-tech.org) would be up in like 4 hours, so that's not true either

the problem is more for the potentially lost data, rather than just having an archive up

So, question: when this site goes back up, is there gonna be any way for one of us to download the whole thing and get the data ourselves, or will we still need fuuka's involvement?

I understand that, what I'm saying is that him going "I don't care because nobody else cares to help" is blatantly false if some guy said he'd have a replacement site up in a matter of hours after the news broke

what a self righteous cunt

when you see OP getting fucked by fuuka harder than you'll ever be

I'm not the most technologically knowledgeable either, but if it goes back up it should be able to be ripped just fine. The issue is that it'd be highly inefficient, it would take much more time than just getting the data from him and it might be a massive pain in the ass to get all the data organized properly depending on how this all works.

Well I agree, he should have asked for help if he was having too many difficulties.

I meant that people speak much how they can help, but so far I haven't seen any other public Sup Forums archive. Just start your own copy of fuuka/ffuka/whatever is your choice already.

daily_4klaani_2015-10-21_17h15m_Wednesday.sql.gz is database. Images takes hell lot of space, so I can upload these after you have gotten your archive up and running.

when the hope gets slimmer and slimmer by the minute

well it seems like things are working out for the best going by , so don't worry

Do you know exactly how recent the database is, in regards to the archive.org version?

>2015-10-21_17h15m

Why not just use Soulseek, half the links in the archive are dead anyway

Aah, yeah. My bad. So we'd need everything from the 21st of October 2015 onwards, which I'm guessing is a whole heck of HDD space.

Yes, it's currently doing backups.

OP was first guy who even sent email of downtime. I never spoke with >And these messages like are just confirming my pessimistic-mind that why I shouldn't care of Sup Forums anymore. Well done guys.

>a bunch of leeches expecting someone else to deal with an backup archive

With all that money saved from downloading "epic reccs" I'm sure all of you could have chipped in something.

But one person will step up and just be given nothing in return except a title of "based" and nothing more.

#feelthebern

>an backup archive

a backup archive.

Yeah, some of us are dicks, but it's always the most vocal that make an impact. The archive is actually an insanely useful tool for a lot of people I know, especially those who have P2P connections blocked for some reason or another. Not to mention sharethreads, some of the most popular threads on this board, rely on the archive. I think I speak for all of us here when I say that you provide an invaluable service to Sup Forums. Here's hoping that we'll be able to carry the torch when you want to pass it on. Thanks, man.

It's up again! :^)

this
why is Venereologist so based? best new trip confirmed

bless your soul

oh well, non need of backups, we should stop our "efforts" in that case :^)

no it's not

it was quicker and you didn't have to pay 8$ a month

Am I the only one who would just search random things in it and see the discussions?

That shit was like a library for me.

its still there

You're not alone, m9.

they wont be lost for i will remember them

>And these messages like are just confirming my pessimistic-mind that why I shouldn't care of Sup Forums anymore. Well done guys.
For the record, I and many others ditched this place a while ago but still use the archive often. And as someone who has ran Sup Forums projects I know it can seem pretty thankless, but like point out there are a number of people who really appreciate it, and it'd be a huge shame to lose all the potential threads/links that people had bookmarked but had not gotten around to saving themselves.
I take it these archives are post-October 2015?

Seems to be back now, for me at least. I think we should still attempt to make our own archive, however. I'd try and do it myself but my upload speed is legitimately 20kB/s

Thanks senpai

>epic reccs
lol what

I'd say check with some number of other already existing archives to see if they could take it, email them or post on their sites or something. Its a more stable bet then a whole new archive.

Just a final addendum, fuuka approves of us starting our own archive.

>tfw you use rbt to look up your dead friends trip to read his old comments

Eh, now everything is gonna be alright forever. Let's go back to being lazy cunts outsourcing the whole work to someone else!

/thread

I think this has been a wakeup call for a lot of us here, and I know I'd be willing to throw a few quid into a new archive, even though I'm pretty goshdarn broke.

That's great. How can an average user like me, with not a whole lot of computer experience, help with this endeavour?

I think a lot of people would donate if he ever sets something up for that.

the donation money will go towards hookers and blow, telling you right now.

Donate to whatever new site comes up (and rbt)

>I think a lot of people would donate
and that's where you're wrong

Damn dude, i'd really love to help so ill start to consider donating

They won't donate if you don't beg donations. Now I understand these wikipedia banners.

you never know until you try

people said the same thing about muT and we only did that a few times

I'm pretty sure we'd need someone who could set up some kind of hosting server, and then we'd throw money their way for maintenance costs.

Yes, great idea. Have a bunch of webspiders crawling and DDOSing the server that's at a weak state now instead of contacting the administrator to download the archive directly p2p.

fool

>fuuka approves of us starting our own archive.
>needing approval to archive something from the internet

lmao

yeah but mutracker was an embarrassment, everything about it was a waste of time.

so was your mother but neither of those things stopped me

so you're saying you thought mutracker was a good idea ?

I could offer some technical assistance maybe.

Also you might do with cheaper hosting via something like soyoustart, which is OVH so take that as you will.

we had >100k snatches, served several thousand users, made connections with other sites and provided mutual help for them, and had a nice economy that was unlike (nearly) any other PT out there, so yes
and I acknowledged every one of our flaws in the main page message (which is still up) but i'd be curious to hear why else you might think it wasn't a good idea - or at least, served good purpose

So, out of everyone in this thread, does anyone have the knowhow and means to set up a server, and a way for us to donate to the upkeep of said server, so we can begin our own archive?

Call back in a couple months