I didnt really cared for Sunbather at all, it was just tedious. but shit, this album is a masterpiece...

i didnt really cared for Sunbather at all, it was just tedious. but shit, this album is a masterpiece. really makes me happy that im finding joy in bm again

am i alone here

Other urls found in this thread:

www6.zippyshare.com/v/ZkcJIKc4/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, I find New Bermuda better than Sunbather to be honest.

fuck no, that album is a cautionary tale of how not to do transitions. where sunbather and road to judah managed to flow seamlessly from shoegaze to black metal by actually blending the two such that you barely even notice the extent of their genre-hopping. new bermuda's like they sat down and wrote a bunch of shoegaze sections, then wrote a whole bunch of black metal sections, then just threw them together expecting it to sound halfway good.

dude nah New Bermuda is fucking incredible. every track is amazing. probably my favorite album of 2015 tbqh

Glad someone else agrees.

New Bermuda >>>>>>Sunbather

Their best work by far

you two didnt understood me well i see

no. try listening it for few more times. everything is in place. shoegaze parts are gliding in black metal so nice, like a dick in your gay ass. while sunbather has this sentimental feeling new bermuda sounds more isolated and honest

i like this album but can it even be called black metal? i understand sunbather being referred to as such but not this.

that shitty piano outro that comes out of nowhere
is better than sunbather
L O L

>really makes me happy that im finding joy in bm again
>in bm

Oh it's one of those threads. You can't trick me OP. I know what you're doing.

Sunbather > RTJ > New Bermuda

Black metal sucks

good job op, this thread is 10/10

Now that the archive is forever dead, does anyone have a link?

>Not knowing alcest

Oh please Neige is a fairy weeb faggot

what awful taste

I really like their sixpence none the richer cover

www6.zippyshare.com/v/ZkcJIKc4/file.html

Yeah Sunbather is bottom for me simply because of all the boring filler shit. And i don't say that because it's not MUH DOUBLE KICK AND DISTORTED GUITARS, but because the more calm moments on the album and the filler tracks are just pretty shit from a songwriting perspective. Just sounds like your average post rock act noodling around.

completely opposite

Wow, didn't actually expect someone to have a link. Where did you get it, user? Do you save links or something?

I saved the entire archive.

If you want an album and don't want the trouble of going through newalbumreleases or soulseek, just throw the album name or "[artist] - [album name] zippyshare/mega/mediafire" on Google.

you're completely right - brought to the water was the only song on the album with a (mostly) fluid flow. nearly every other song on the record was one or two smooth transitions away from completely kicking ass, but instead we received messes like luna's mid-song pause, baby blue's unwarranted hammett worship, and come back's bro-metal breakdown. it drives me crazy just how close they were with this album.

this thread has devolved into just the latest in the long, long line of posts dedicated to claiming authenticity by attacking sunbather with some subpar bullshit blackgaze - except this time, it's from the band's own discography. never change, mu.

I forgot this even existed.

I'd say it falls into the "Good album, bad followup" category like Second Coming by the Stone Roses