/daily/ - If you pull off that drama crap again I swear I'm going to... edition

It's time to be nice.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, wonder if Jangle's Thrift Tourney ever existed (spooky), listen to Keiji Haino scream, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working. we're so proud.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, be nice boys.

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/south-to-south-bend-and-5-miles-to-niles
vocaroo.com/i/s0dzpf2e6urX
mega.nz/#!JNNUFSBD!YhsVYqrTXp5PlZCtihB3bt-zMDtf84rbCODuKOkswd0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for the fishboys

I hope Fish shows up in this thread desu.

if this gets enough replies fish will come back

Here's your (you)

Fishmans (sic) - Long season

Liturgy - Aesthethica (sic)

fish come back we love you

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Henry's Dream (1992)
>post-punk, punk blues, gothic rock

The gothic punk blues aesthetic is wearing /really/ thin. Nothing distinguishes one track from the other, it's just 9 tracks of the same bombastic, gothic punk songs. Luckily, for the first time I actually like Cave's voice. I don't know what it is, but it really does fit the music here. And the music here isn't really that bad, just not my style at all and played out until it's just no longer interesting. I'm still gonna go deeper into Cave's discography, hopefully he changes up his style (he does, right? he gets a lot more singer/songwritery?)

2.0+

plugdj tonight or is everyone out having fun haha

dear lord I can't wait to be done with this chart

u know what
if repeating digits i quit this chart and start the tag team tourney/a freeform chart
if singles i listen to another album from it then roll again

but there's some top-tier stuff on it you mong

Why did you make such a big ass chart. If i had to look at 100 albums every time i wanted to listen to an album i'd give up.

Not Available next then

I know I screwed myself
with those dubs I guess I have to finish it now

but that one trascends grammer????

should i go buy beer and listen to elliot smith's bootlegs?

yes
yes
yes
yes (no)

where do I go to socialize with 10/10 Sup Forums qts

also I think Cindy Lee has finally topped Woman as my favourite group

at your local left field concert place haha
oh sorry ur a pardner

name one way fish has ever positively impacted anyone's life ever

literally worst trip

he's a pizza guy, i bet he's saved a lot of people's days

no not real qt, Sup Forums qts, which one of you is the qtest?

Fish, Bear, and Herb are the qtest.

Cunt and Doggy are the most handsome.

Can I fasttrack my daily chart? Is it against the thread's spirit if I listen to multiple albums per day?

what's the banana & nutella of music?

Qt womans are trash and don't like good music

Nah, I do it all the time. If you have the time, use the time.

>Sup Forums qts, which one of you is the qtest?
do you happen to be a member of the gender opposite of male?

ye but most of Sup Forums is trash and doesnt like good music and I let you guys hang around anyways
dont bring identity politics into this

im being forced to see neu ghosbusters so im not having fun tonight

i listened to Canaxis 5 for the first time since like 2 years heres my review lads
The first track, and that got me quite surprised, starts with a sample of Pierre De la Rue's Requiem !!! That sample gets murked in every sense to turn into a buzzing sound clashing with the chants of two female viet farmers. Those two elements will mesh perfectly and turn into a piece full of dissonance, until the Requiem sample comes back in a more energetic sense, getting tormented by Can's bassist. The second track, Canaxis, is heavily influenced by Stockhausen, a pitched gong sound, a little bit of white noise getting interrupted by the whistle of electronic birds, creating a solid and well made composition. Then a really heavy voice, almost guttural, and bizarre metal sounds with primitive tubes start forcing themselves onto the track. the vocals keep on going, for minutes and minutes, slowing time as their broken chant break the calm flow of the song. Then plucked instruments comes in (mby a Koto?), giving the tune a real travel through time back to the Nara period. all of this then proceed to fade away in a static buzz...
Mellow out, the last track, is kinda jazzy, without real purposes or interest, not as good as the rest of the LP. This track still offers a calm and soothing conclusion to this really heavy record.
4.5/5

damn i wouldn't watch that for SHIT

top tier onions my boy. try James Blackshaw - The Glass Bead Game for a great 2009 album.
california, in a model room, and r+7 are all 10s in my book.

>dont bring identity politics into this
i'm just asking if you're a girl

California is great. People seem to disregard Mr. Bungle by calling it spork-core, but it's actually a really good album

dont infantilize me

lol that was done because you didn't understand my first post

that nex 21 Savage mixtape is okay. Very gruesome. Listen to it

greg is a cool guy

Is there a discord for Sup Forumsslims?

decide for yourself

when was this made?

beginning of the year, Fish, TCB, Jankins, Trish, Abelian and ricebeansegg don't exist no more also why am I on this animu fagoto nihongo shit

Abelian ans fish are still around.

Because you are part of /daily/. Forever.
Forever.

What exactly is the purpose of this thread?

Abelian is still around? If so, he definitely doesn't trip and hasn't made it known

Benji goes way longer without posting than fish and he's still included so let's not count our boi fish out just yet

listening to music, talking about music, finding new music, having fun, pretending to have friends

Classic rando hampus shitposting

because you are the hero Sup Forums deserves

Tuxedomoon - Desire
didn't enjoy this much if I'm being honest with you
The songs drag out for far too long to be enjoyable past their beggining, the bleepy bits are really dumb and don't add anything to it at all, it's far too self serious
yeah, not really something I'd go for

Young Marble Giants - Colossal Youth
at first this was pretty great, then it got really meh
I have no reaction to this either way
I don't hate it at least, pls no Bully

Anyone here into Long fin killie?
Favorite album by them?
>pic related for me
Amelia is a close runner up for me

I tried starting a thread about them on this board but i got meme'd on and the thread didn't go anywhere.

he's released some stuff on my label. don't know about Sup Forums, but the dude's still online.

>pretending to have friends
Except we are friends!
There's even been a meet up and the Texas boi's are always doing something

Elliott Smith - Figure 8 - 4.0
Very good album, it has a bit of a psychedelic pop sound, I like the lo-fi and mostly guitar Smith more but it's good too. It will probably grow on me after listening to it a few times.

fucking love Long Fin Killie - Valentino
one of my favorites

I like Houdini and Valentino
I don't find it particularly amazing but it's quite fun and enjoyabl

I should post a pic of myself

do it you wont

Press F to pay respects

>four coil live albums [although only two are worthy of mentioning]
What's the other one worth mentioning?

These are pretty much all worth listening to. Don't give up; take a break if you must.

No, if you listen to 2+ albums a day you will be banned.

Do it, I posted a drunk selfie a few weeks ago.
Nothing bad happens, and nobody really cares.

wait i missed it is fish really just dead

No, he's just been busy with traveling

no one knows, he's lion in the coma

Gnight dail

Night, taco

>These are pretty much all worth listening to. Don't give up; take a break if you must.
idk how taking a break never occured to me

good idea

The Avalanches - Wildflower (2016)
>plunderphonics

A bit of a weird mix between being /far/ too similar to Since I Left You and being just enough different that they've strayed into territory that they don't do all too well. Shockingly enough, I think the features are the best thing here, they're integrated so seamlessly, the only feature that really sticks out and doesn't really mesh is Danny Brown's (with a distinctive voice like that you kinda tend to take over a song). Despite these cool features, the music here is actually pretty lame. They continue the cohesiveness of the tracks that SILY had, and I do love that a lot, but while SILY has some obviously great songwriting and every sample seems to have its own unique purpose in the songs, most of the stuff here just sounds like a shoddily put together sound collage, vocal samples are thrown in with no purpose, the string samples are hokey, I'm just not feeling it. Honestly, the best songs here are the ones that focus the least on the samples, like the Camp Lo-featuring "Because I'm Me" (the best track here by a fucking wide margin), and the insanely pretty "Kaleidoscope Lovers" (proving that The Avalanches would do well as a straight up psych band). But for each one of those songs there are 3 songs that just don't stick with me at all and just feel pointless. Even the big singles that everyone seems to enjoy like "Subways" or "Colours" just meander and meander and seem to build to a climax that just never comes. About as good as I expected a comeback album 16 years in the making to be.

wew, military coup in turkey
stay safe turkeys

at montie's request i will be posting my review of his album here for the world to see. album can be found here nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/south-to-south-bend-and-5-miles-to-niles

before i post the review lemme just say i recommend you give it a listen, if only because one of our own made it.

6.5+~

love the cover, hate the titles to pretty much everything, including pseudonym. you need to explore your chest voice where you push to the point of it breaking a bit more, you do it on the last track a little and it sounds really good. the last track is way too long, other than that i didn't really feel like this album wasted any of my time, which is very rare. if you've ever read any of my reviews, i usually say everything needs to be shorter and everything drags and i got bored with it quickly, and although this is very simple and airy (yes you did accomplish the summer wind feel you were going for), it's also very warm and emotional at times, just enough so to keep me listening at least. i had to dock points for not using a metronome, and obvious mixing blunders. but that little tilde (if you're fucking seven years old and you've never been on a computer before, ~ is called a tilde) is a note to myself to relisten to the album, because i particularly liked a few of the tracks. i wasn't keeping track of the tracklisting so i can't really tell you which ones i liked, but i think i pointed out at least one for being superior to you in skype. everything else i have to say i've already said to you as i was listening.

I agree with mostly every point here, but I wasn't even that big a fan of the features.

I would pay good money for an EP that sounded like the last track on the album though. The poetry is great and they lock on to a killer groove there. It reminds me of their work from earlier EPs like Electricity.

Apparently they have enough extra material for another album, so here's to hoping the B-sides are better.

The Residents- Not Available

an absolute mindfuck
the instrumentals are very bizarre and tribal blends of mostly piano, synth and woodwinds/horns, set to the bizarre chanting and story which makes literally zero sense to me (can someone help me out there?)
i already enjoyed the residents, and this is another great release from them

with that i think i will take a break from this chart to get the tag team tourney underway, i will post that in a sec because it is still not completely full

Big news, boys and girls.
Singlehandedly, I have unearthed a never-before-heard track from Suicide which was intended to go on their self titled LP. It's not very long (0:46) but comes with the signature minimal synths and sexual moans.

vocaroo.com/i/s0dzpf2e6urX

so here is the tourney as it stands
a few other teams have not picked a rec or a tag, but they exist (kanzler and transgod, gfr and dogwander, weener and darklands)

if you want to join just hold on for a minute until all the teams that are already in get their recs in

also rudi, you recced post by bjork which i have already heard so i need a different one tagged romantic

did you make this

What are some albums like 98.12.28 男達の別れ and Long Season by Fishmans that I could add to my /daily/ chart.

hey me and doggo reserved team spots for this.

But you said you hadn't heard it.....
Peste Noire - Ballade Cuntre Lo Anemi Francor

>>supercluster
>김성아, 심상남, 이태백, 김청만 - Young Sanjo
mega.nz/#!JNNUFSBD!YhsVYqrTXp5PlZCtihB3bt-zMDtf84rbCODuKOkswd0
I think I reserved a spot there. Do I rec something now or wait until I get a partner?

yeah and you will be on there, but as I said, neither of you have told me what tag you're doing/what your rec is so I can't place you on the chart until I know that

just wait until I get recs from the existing teams, then I'll partner you up

that was my bad, I got vespertine and post confused

i think you'll be glad tho because i remember not liking post very much

>Up against givingbear
Well shit

And my rec was
Minta and the brook trout- Olympia
Yes?

that's ok
i remember you gave me the rec i just forgot what it is

also
>up against givingbear

i now realize i completely forgot to mention

this is a tag team tourney, so you advance by team, not indivudiually (average the two album scores on each team= team score, higher team score goes on)
so even if i like bear's rec marginally more, if i like jangle's a lot more than fishboy's you still pass

eff it i'll do romantic.
Clive Tanaka - Jet Set Siempre (it's not tagged as romantic yet but if you don't want to bone something by the end of this record i will be shocked)

I think i asked to be there, however i never got a team

yeah, the people without a partner will get a partner, but as i've said, i'm trying to get all the albums from the people already in teams

Ok that's right, I just couldn't remember how it worked
Team ham and mustard sandwich got this

>and the Texas boi's are always doing something
WE DEM TEXAS BOIZ
O SHIT WADDUP Y'ALL

This American Primitivism stuff isnt bad at all. I feel like an idiot for not listening to it earlier. I'm in love with Robbie Basho's voice, Blue Crystal Fire and Orphan's Lament back to back are just sublime.

Am I in this? I think I put my name in but can't remember.

yeah you and weener are partnered

feel free to rec an album tagged either romantic or melancholic

>This American Primitivism stuff isnt bad at all.
!!!CORRECT!!!
if you need recs, i did a month long calendar of AP stuff a while back.

How the fuck can I be glad if you didn't like Post? Fucking plebs

idk
i listened to it back in november when i first started doing /daily/ and my taste was pretty different then so maybe i'll revisit it soon

would appreciate 6am recs, maybe on a chart someday
like 10-15 or so, make them diverse pls

Maybe you'll revisit it now.

>avant teens

onit. gimme a sec.
o wow.

I just realised you even mentioned me in the post I'm dumb and dying from manflu sorry lmao.

I think I will need to steal that calendar. I've found my new obsession.

it's ok
it seems like nobody did

Like things to listen to at 6am?

nah, it's just 6 am and I think I might have sleep problems
bout to finna drink a warm glass a milk