/grimes general/

When's her next album coming?

youtube.com/watch?v=U54tkJ5fLrE

Other urls found in this thread:

grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/147463485701/by-hana
scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/music/interview-claire-boucher-musician-1-2277532
web.archive.org/web/20151205045609/http://www.t-squat.com/grimes-interview-3/
songexploder.net/grimes
youtube.com/watch?v=oW6TtI495pk
spin.com/2012/12/grimes-interview-2012-big-year/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Every time this song gets posted I remember the lyrics and the theme of Visions and I just want to curl into a ball and die.

I hope she doesn't get even more poppy but that's inevitable

the lyrics are very strong, specially if you lost someone

i will literally murder her if she make another pop shit album

Wtf?! If Art Angels is a shit pop album, what is good pop album to you?

grimes-claireboucher.tumblr.com/post/147463485701/by-hana

it's not freaky it's cute as hell

>I GOT THE BONE
>EHEHEHEH

RARE GRIMES Interview:

>“I was at the end of the line emotionally,” she admits. “One of our best friends at Lab Synthèse committed suicide, then the space shut down. And I got frostbite on my feet. It was really cold and we didn’t have any heating. I took off my socks and my feet were all white and purple. It was the most painful thing I’ve ever experienced. It went on for months.” It was around this time that she locked herself away and made Visions.
>It’s an incredible story, sad in places, uplifting in others. Making Visions and becoming Grimes has transformed Boucher’s life in every possible way. “It’s like I had to do this to let it all go,” she says. “I feel there is a before and after this record. I’m happy now.”
>What did she do to celebrate when she emerged from her apartment? “I was so shell-shocked, so skinny and pale.” Boucher says, clapping her hands to her legs to quieten them. “I went upstairs to my friends’ place and we watched this really dark, psychedelic film called Enter The Void. It was one of the best movies I’d ever seen, I’d just made the best art I’ve ever made, I did the album art, right there and then, and it was the best painting I’ve ever made. The sense of achievement was incredible. I had been a ghost knocking around space, totally lost, knowing I needed to do something real.” She smiles, and the glitter on her cheekbones sparkles. “And you know what? I did.”
scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/music/interview-claire-boucher-musician-1-2277532

fucking james

It's impossible to not like her.

his expression just screams "I'm living the dream"

amazing interview

I wish that Grimes will publish more unreleased songs.

I can't do college stuff anymore without having a grimes thread open on autoupdate

kill me

Speaking of lyrics - more RARE GRIMES:

>James: I find the esoteric nature of your lyrics interesting, because a lot of the time it’s actually quite hard to discern what you’re singing, which is obviously a conscious stylistic decision on your behalf. It’s also noteworthy because you’re so articulate yourself, and obviously an eloquent speaker, but choose to strip it back to such a lyrically simple, ambient pop aesthetic.
>Grimes: For me the music, the whole writing process is really…I don’t want to say “trance like” – but I usually just get into this really weird headspace, it’s not a logical calculating thing necessarily. I feel like after the fact it’s easy for me to go back and articulate something that I’ve done and be able to talk about it or intellectualise it or whatever, but as far as actually recording, it’s kind of just a …I hate the word ‘spiritual’ but I guess it’s kind of a spiritual thing or something. So it’s hard for me when I try to write lyrics too much, it kind of interferes with that.
>[...] I do think that’s the thing that I really need to work on. I always thought I didn’t care but then I look at someone like Joanna Newsom, her lyrics are so incredible you just have to listen to everything she’s saying. I think it’s a really powerful thing when you can bring lyrics into music and actually make them good, it’s just that…I don’t know, at least when I started I didn’t think I could do that. I didn’t want to have lyrics that were…not great. I mean I obviously write lyrics, especially on Visions, but they’re still pretty obtuse.
>It’s the next logical next step, starting to have actual real lyrics, it would bring everything to the next level, but I’m a science kid, I was never good at English, I was in the remedial English at high school.
web.archive.org/web/20151205045609/http://www.t-squat.com/grimes-interview-3/

songexploder.net/grimes
Song Exploder posted an interview about Kill V. Maim today.

Technically yesterday...

Gee, that's embarrassing.

it won't let me post audio :(

another great interview, I got the impression that that guy james fancied her a lot

They look so cool.

Great

You just know Grimes is a mega bitch in her personal life.

Nah. She's nice.

...Why on God's green Earth would you think that?

Sup Forums told me it.

It is really cool getting to here all those instrumental/vocal parts in isolation... especially the ghost-like glossolalia you hear around the 5:16 mark (still trying to figure out where those appear in the finished track.)

i tried to listen to her music but i just couldn't get into it. the only reason she is well liked on this board is because they think she's an irl animu character

What album did you try? And what kind of music do you generally like? Her stuff can be pretty off-putting at first, especially if you attempt to enter it at a point which conflicts with your normal sense of taste (the feel of her stuff varies WIDELY between even individual songs, let alone albums.)

Who is James?

Grimes' bf/person doing the disruptive hand-waving.

>29 posts and we are barely managing 1 post per hour

Fuck it, have a blog to accompany your free grimes pic.

I'm 36 hours into a sleepless marathon. I haven't gone days without sleeping for a long time and usually by the 30 hour mark I can't process shit and my ADHD goes ballistic. This time I only felt that sleep deprivation "high" for like an hour earlier today and that was when I had put my feet up to watch netflix. But other than that I'm super clear headed. Interesting indeed. Especially since recently I've been sleeping for 10 hours.

Though I doubt I will be able to keep this up to see hallucinations, at some point I wanna reach that level of delusion.

This is kinda fun. Also all I've had to eat/drink today is what I guesstimate to be about 2 gallons of fruit smoothies and a few mcdoubles.

Gonna aim for 72 hours and then pass out to halfaxa. Mostly the biggest challenge is not being bored, I'd have to say. I've been meaning to catch up on my reading but I'm afraid that'd just make me sleepier.

i thought he was left home this whole time

They don't have a home.

When they tour they stay in hotels and when they aren't touring they stay in AirBnBs.

what is an "airbnsbs"

Was Grimes the bullied or the bully in high school?

Air Bed and Breakfast

A bed and breakfast you can stay at for extended periods of time and find it over the internet.

Basically they live in a strangers house for 6 months.

Helga

no, she was the highschool itself...

So she can afford to be homeless?

Look at her.

We're lucky she didn't kill herself

No, she just really hates her own fans.
When she meets somebody who hates her first she feels so allured and challenged by them, but it's problematic to sustain sincere relationships like this.

She can't afford to NOT be homeless.

She talked about this for a little while earlier in her career. She had an apartment in West Marketplace for a long time... right up until her first Visions tour. She then said her goodbyes, didn't renew her lease and left to go on tour. And that was basically the last time she lived in Montreal. T'was also the last time she had a real job.

I know her entire life was falling apart previous to Visions and she was at the end of her rope, but christ I feel a twinge of nostalgia and max comfy imagining myself in her shoes. To imagine going through the motions she did and all the cool tours she did, eventually getting to see Asia in the 2013 new year. Christ what I wouldn't give to see the world through her eyes.

>first he's an asshole and makes claire upset by wasting their video camera's batteries by filming her doing nothing in the make up room backstage
>second he's a huge faggot and fucks up HANA's fight video by dancing around with his shadow in the shot
>now he fucks with HANA's and Grimes' snapchat collabs

What the fuck is his problem, anyways? Why is he always acting like a brat?

see that?

that's the face of someone who's decided to kill themselves, but is enjoying sharing her only mild success in life with her father on a road trip before she does so. Just so she didn't leave without a relationship between them.

Any idea why?

Will Grimes make it to her 30th birthday?

Because her life was falling apart and she kept making bad choices that only made the necrosis spread more rapid.
>Founding member of the music space she played in kills themself
>Extremely close friend overdoses on some hard drug she's never said
>Got kicked out of college for skipping classes because you were more concerned with booking shows
>Double edged sword, her music isn't blowing up like she thought it would meaning her prospects are extremely narrow
>Gotten assaulted which completely ruined her ability to stomach men much to her own chagrin
>Bouncing around shitty jobs until you land the only job you pretty much can't get fired from, which pays just enough to pay the rent for your rathole apartment with no heating, some food and some drugs.
>Feet get completely frostbitten due to that job and your lack of owning any appropriate attire for postering in sub zero weather
>Literally have no relationship with your parents what-so-ever. Only made worse by you getting kicked out of college for your "career" that they are rather horrified at.
>Get hooked on amphetamines, can't afford to go to rehab, have to get yourself clean on sheer willpower (and you do)
>Continue to take amphetamines anyways

Take a hard inventory at her life. That Lykki Li tour was the best thing that ever happened to her. Before it she was just a loser fuckup drug addict on the fast track to selling her precious Roland for some more speed paste.

Oh yeah, she was definitely considering necking herself. Pic related is her before Visions in general.

you're just talking out your ass

the only thing that talks out my ass is liquid shit

She has to learn to deepthroat first.

and that they remain underrated for ever.

She is transage, that makes her perfect material.

She is the future of high school.

with cock in hand.

Oh the things I would make her do if I was her dealer/handler.

>it won't be my cock

Why even bother living

Damn, a story like that keeps me from killing myself.

Grimes is an inspiration

Yes a scummy handler would be all about it

>Gotten assaulted which completely ruined her ability to stomach men much to her own chagrin

What happened?

nothing happened stop believing what you read on here

hes so lucky. i wish i had his life.

GOOD GRIMES THREAD YAS

>GRIMES IS NOT CUTE
youtube.com/watch?v=oW6TtI495pk

So, you couldn't get into her music and that makes her music bad? Flawed logic, dude.

who wouldnt want to play with claires kitty?

>In your videos this year, you played with these clichés of powerful and powerless female archetypes. What was that about?

>I was interested in the Japanese archetype of a female protagonist who is very small and very cute and very physically powerful. You don’t see that archetype in America. But in Japanese culture, there are female characters who can embody this girl uniform and still cut someone’s head off with a sword. “Oblivion” embodies that kind of archetype, going into this masculine world that is associated with sexual assault, but presented as something really welcoming and nice. The song’s sort of about being — I was assaulted and I had a really hard time engaging in any types of relationship with men, because I was just so terrified of men for a while.

>Is it important for you to discuss what “Oblivion” is about?

>It would be intense if it were an overwhelming part of my image. I can’t censor myself; it’s really important for me to say how I feel. I needed to put out this song. I needed to make this song. I took one of the most shattering experiences of my life and turned it into something I can build a career on and that allows me to travel the world. I play it live every night. The whole process has been positive — engaging with that subject matter and making it into something good.

spin.com/2012/12/grimes-interview-2012-big-year/

Claire in a nutshell:
>“What are poached eggs?” she asks me and then to the waiter: “What’s a flat white?” She orders and demolishes both. She comes across as vulnerable and fierce at the same time, a paradox that runs through Visions. This has the odd effect of making you veer between wanting to protect her then wanting to applaud her.

>Grimes is completely her own creation. Boucher makes the music, writes, produces, draws the album art and makes the videos. “I have forced myself to confront my worst fears,” she explains. Which are? “Being in front of people. People seeing who I am. Playing a show. Getting my picture taken. I’m just totally turned over as a person now. I used to have panic attacks if I was around too many people. I had serious problems before I made this record.” Why does she like terrifying herself? “Well, the rate at which you can achieve things is amazing,” she shrugs. “If you are constantly confronting your worst fears you zoom through life.”

she is so cute in her outfits.

she's actually really weird

good post desu

you are in the hotel room with hana and claire while on tour. there are two beds in the room, claire is on one hana is on the other. they are both naked. you can either lick claires butthole OR eat hanas pussy. which do you choose? WHICH. DO. YOU. CHOOSE?

i'm reporting this filth

I wonder what James' life was like

God I love both of them, but Hana is SO fine. Just a gorgeous individual.

idk, it depends on the lighting for me

Easy, you make hana lick claires butthole so hana's pussy is exposed and then you fuck hana from behind while reaching around to clit flick her. Then when you are about to finish you push hana on top of claire and give claire one squirt in and another around and the rest goes in hana.

am I the only waifufag who never fapped to grimes? it feels wrong and I don't find her sexy
my only fantasies with her involved meeting her in ways that would never happen, getting high with her and having a long conversation
in the end she "gets" me and I "get" her, and that's it, I'll never see her again

She doesn't want to be understood, in that way I understand completely but would never tell her this and so would always give her my full attention and command over all my actions.

so James is like a waifufag? makes sense

and where did you get that from? though I remember reading that here I've never saw an interview with her saying it

Why does she always conceal her upper arm fat?

She doesn't conceal "her upper arm fat". That's the way her outfit was.

Claire reached out to him actually, she's his waifufag

What naughty thing did she do to deserve that garment as punishment, argue?

everything in that post is stuff she's confirmed in interviews

no speculation. i just assembled the list.

She frowned on the patriarchy, they decided to literally dress her up like trash.

From the start, Boucher was a focal point: she had a proactive approach to making friends, which involved identifying interesting-looking people and then bombarding them with attention. One fellow-musician remembers receiving, within hours of meeting her, a voluminous e-mail about music and performance and “human communication writ large.”

>tfw you'll never receive a long ass mail from claire after meeting her in 2009
why
even
live

sorry there's a lot of fan fiction out there

>not appreciating quality content

she looks part asian to me. does anyone know if shes part native american or something?

once a stoner always a stoner im guessing.

lol

do you think they have a face pillow of eacother in their separate bedrooms?

i wish theyd post some pics of this scenario on their Instagrams.

>am I the only waifufag who never fapped to grimes?

same. shes not a cheap whore. shes special.

>suicide attempts
>sexually violated
>escapist as fuck
im sure it was comfy