Why is Pink Floyd overrated?

Why is Pink Floyd overrated?

Because way more pretentious punk rockers can stick it up their collective ass.

Because you have a shit music taste so you convince yourself otherwise you lethargic shithead

ITS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD CANT COMPREHEND SOMETHING IF ITS POPULAR

it really seems like appreciation her is more about how good a band is in relation to how much praise they get rather than their inherent quality. So if a band gets an adequate amount of praise relative to their talent, they are mediocre. If a band gets a little bit more praise than they deserve, they are shit regardless of their inherent quality.

I know this is a shit explanation and is way too plain, but it kind of explains a little bit maybe.

This

Because normies who think Dark Side of the Moon is a song and who buy the gear without ever giving the music a listen. The truth is that Pink Floyd is fucking legendary bust most millennial stoner wannabes wouldn't know that for themselves. My buddy is a good example. He is a grown ass man, and for his first tattoo he wants the wall with a hole in it showing the prism with the words "free your mind" written on the wall or some edgy retarded shit like that.

Call his ass out on how stupid that is please. You owe him that much as a friend.

holy fuck why is your friend so retarded

Funniest thing I've heard all day . Don't let him do that though.

This is actually exactly what I was going to say. Basically, Sup Forums is mostly a bunch of hipsters. If something is really popular, it's "normie shit". If it gets an okay amount of praise, it's mediocre. It it's really underground it's a 10/10 "God Tier" album.

Dark Side of the Moon is an alright album. Though the only semi interesting track is Great Gig in the Sky everything else is just meh. Especially the almost humoresque "Us and Them".

did you listen to it before or after u started browsing Sup Forums?

People on this board generally like the Beatles and modern hip-hop though. That stuff is pretty popular

Animals though... Dogs. If that doesn't do something for you, just kill yourself, you are a worthless shell of a person.

before many many times

it's not as memed or hated purely because of the "dadrock" label tho

I have the DSOTM prism and rainbow tattooed on my arm.

What a faggot.

as a band theyre overrated but the albums that get the most praise are not overrated

I like The Wall
Animals is great
Meddle has some of my favorite Pink Floyd tracks ever.
Have yet to listen to Wish You Were Here
DSotM is okay, but extremely overrated since it was doing a lot of experimental things for its time I guess, but people praise for no other reason than to have one of the most basic bitch opinions ever.

it's pretty cool compared to a lot of the pop & soft rock from around its time
it's pretty boring compared to a lot of the prog

because i don't like it

I think they are overrated. Or, maybe, that I just don't get them.
I'm not trying to be hipster by saying this because I listen to mostly mainstream bands, though I value music only for it's inherent quality, and regardless of others liking it or not.
To me, Pink Floyd just seems like a band that's to pretentious but doesn't do much for me. I like some songs, and of course, I'm not saying they are bad, but they just get to much praise for nothing IMHO.

Listen to Wish You Were Here, user.

One of my favorite Pink Floyd songs is Interstellar Overdrive

>DSotM is okay, but extremely overrated since it was doing a lot of experimental things for its time I guess, but people praise for no other reason than to have one of the most basic bitch opinions ever.
people praise it due to its incredible production and dealing with themes that are not usually dealt with in mainstream rock. Also, superb compositions front to back.

They were the band that got me "into music" so I owe them that but since i've come here i've found better bands and prog. I still think they are one of the best popular bands and echoes is a fucking masterpiece

I think apart from the Wall they're one of the most rightly acclaimed bands that they're was. Atom Heart Mother, Meddle, the Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, Animals, these are all fantastic records.

*there

What other Band has recorded an album in the amphitheater at Pompeii?

their music is boring as fuck and not to my taste

the lyrics are cringe too

the only thing i really like are some of the guitar solos

animals actually flows very nicely though i would give it 8/10

But something like ITAOTS or Loveless gets a considerable amount of praise within the "indie" world, does that count towards general "normie" praise? Is that why guys shun Sup Forumscore now?

(You)
Lyrics are cringe, right? They're boring? Who do you consider great? Top 40 pop stars?

Because:
1. They're latched onto by people who want a "safe" pick when asked about what music they like. People notice that pattern and hate both the people who do it and the band, eventually assuming that everyone likes them for this reason.
2. People like less popular bands within the same genre and feel that the attention on PF delegitimizes the bands they like, so they attack PF.
3. Some people are just too insecure to overlook people gushing about something.

I like them, but they just weren't that good.

I prefer bands like Camel, King Crimson and Yes as far as prog goes. Those 3 were way better on their peaks i m o

they're not

DSOTM might be overrated but it isn't really, only the album art

Ist elevator music.

I've always said that Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Meddle (Echoes at least) are all much better than either The Wall or Dark Side. Also Atom Heart Mother but I personally don't like that one as much as the first three I mentioned.

And as everyone else has said, there's better prog rock out there. I just like Pink Floyd a lot and I've been listening to them since I was a kid because for some reason my dad really likes them

reminder that pink floyd with syd barett was one of the best 60s artists and then they sold out and started making dad rock for the masses. Very good dad rock, mind you, but nothing super interesting music wise.

Because
>Muh first alternative album
when it really is mainstream pop muzak.

Animals is by far my favorite album by PF. DSOTM is put together perfectly but doesn't have as much energy. I think The Wall is a bad album in terms of the way it flows together, but it has some of their greatest songs.

this

Anything that gets as much global attention as Pink Floyd is overrated, nothing is deserving of that much hype, at least not this long lasting.

Hello, Scaruffi!

This unless it's in a genre with more than 10 words its labeled as normie shit

I dislike Dark Side solely for the reason that I can't see the "amazing, world-changing appeal" it has. I prefer Wish You Were Here, but I don't hate Dark Side, I just don't think it's that good.

>Implying Progressive Dreamfunk is normie

What a pleb

But reddit loves dadrock retard