Post an album and others reflect on what it personally means to them

Post an album and others reflect on what it personally means to them

It's an okay album

listened to that my freshman year of college tripping lsd for the first time, one of the best nights of my life.

I hate furries.

i had a fun time at the karaoke on a school trip when i performed tgif in desumetal voice. when i was alienated by pop, that was one of the songs that i could stand and even enjoy, a lot actually

furries are kind of interesting, just the fact that a subculture like that flourished like that

the cover personally makes my penis hard

Nothing.

Breaking up with my first girlfriend after her birthday party.

Nothing.

Drunken lonely sing alongs.

i once dissed a bastard really hard for liking this album. 5.5/10
i visited /trash/ once
i didn't go back
i left my high school doors for the last time the day before i got kicked out while listening to ghost

I liked this album for a lot for a while then I just stopped.

I told myself I was going to download this album I still haven't
I had a friend who really loved the beatles in high school, we have since grown apart.

this sounds like skipping classes and going to my house to have a few beers and listen to this

(Me)
used to associate it strongly with a qt, also one summer Sup Forumschella listenalong of it, i think it was like 2012, remained pretty memorable

i want to beat the shit out of my younger self

Associated with being directionless and isolated, the positives and negatives of this state. Listened to this a lot as I was mooching off mates before I found myself sleeping in parks with no way to listen to music.

My ex's favourite album. I always miss the beautiful summer I spent by his side.
Mac Demarco's music set the mood for the summer, it was our soundtrack to so many of our memories.

I still can't believe how evil he became

Evil? How so?

Yeah elaborate on how he's evil. I tried googling but only found a rambling article about numerology linking mac to the masons, and by extension satan or something.

nah why, chuunis are cute, CUTE, C U T E!

it's one of those albums that i constantly change my mind on, not even according to what i currently think is "good" in music, just that sometimes it's absorbing and awe-inspiring, and at others just irritates me

I think she's talking about her ex not mac lol

Reminds me of being a kid going on vacations. Specifically when I would go to my where my Mom grew up. It also reminds me of showing it to my friend.

Reminds me of being a teenager walking over a highway eager to leave my hometown and become an adult. It also reminds me of showing it to that same friend.

Reminds me of being a kid playing video games at night with the night breeze floating in. It also reminds me of that same friend showing it to me.\

thanks mate, I'm a retart.

Nah read it again the bitch who made the comment is the retard.

this reminds me of times ive done stupid fucking things with mates

I remember being super religious in high school and finding Tyler's music, I had always listened to slightly edgy music(Hot Topic metal core, etc.), but this was the first openly edgy, and "fuck you" kind of music I found, and I was super duper conflicted about listening to it, but i loved it so I just ended up enjoying it. I'm glad I did because it's one of those things that got me away from religion and helped to broaden my horizons

so true about MPP

huh, guess that's what makes it so special. not many albums have that effect

>Reminds me of being a kid

How old are you? That album is 3 years old barely.

I have now re-read the post once again and am now aware of how the poor formatting of said post could lead readers into thinking she was speaking about mac demarco instead of her ex. Thank you for allowing this intricate analysis to blossom.

It's why I'm here mate

spent long nights in the summer listening to this amongst others with one of my best friends, miss that dude and those days

old internet friends used to love renard, i listened to it a little as a kid. miss those friends too

visiting like all of the east coast in under a week when I was younger. lots of split-second memories of places that I couldn't tell you where or what they were

listened to chamber of solace before sleeping one night and realized I was still sad about something old

was disappointed after all the hype i've seen, haven't tried other anco albums since

hahaha listening to this shit on the way to school. it's not good at all but at least it introduced me to hip hop, can't hate it

This album reminds me of when I was getting into a bunch of early 2000's indie music during one fall. I was just out of high school and I took that semester off to just do whatever, but I ended up being miserable and bored because everyone I knew went off to college. So I would drive around my town during the day, just listening to music and thinking about how frustrated I was with the state of my life. The first few seconds of the album's echoing guitar takes me back to those feelings of loathing as well as excitement over a whole new world of music I was discovering.

I was obsessed with the Beatles as a kid, because my dad was. One day he got all of his old records out of storage and I picked this one out and asked if I could play it. He put the record on and I just sat in front of the player marveling at the spinning record, something I had never seen before. This album kind of informed my early idea of what an album should be, like as far as it's pacing and consistent quality goes.

fun times with the roommate getting high and playing settlers of catan
i don't listen to this very often but when I do it's always special (and I like it that way.) vaguely associated with a girl I liked in high school who loved it; even though i'd seen it on Sup Forums for years before that i didn't bother listening to it until she talked about it
downloaded this to impress a different girl who really loved mac, but never got around to listening to it. eventually bought ticket to go to a show of his but things went south with the girl so i resold it and made $20 profit. still wouldn't recommend

that one's currently very relevant to me and my dissatisfaction with the onset of adult life

I didn't listen to it when I was a kid; I'm saying that it reminded me of being a kid.

the ennui I experience now
the ennui I will experience when I'm 35

this was relevant to my first foray into experimental music, basically just browsing the "weird" tag on last.fm. at the time it was as disorienting and addictive as it still is now

Reminds me of last summer

And when I'd use to miss classes at school in the summer term to hang out in a beautiful forest/field with mates a few years back

I feel like everyone has a story behind this album

haven't listened to most of it but I really love his verse on Action Bronson's Baby Blue.

I hope you get a paper cut on your tongue
From a razor in a paper cup
I hope every soda you drink already shaken up
I hope your dreams dry like raisins in the baking sun
I hope your titties all saggy in your early 20's
I hope there's always snow in your driveway
I hope you never get off Fridays
And you work at a Friday's that's always busy on Fridays
I hope you win the lottery and lose your ticket
I hope it's Ben and Socrates poop all up in your kitchen
I hope the zipper on your jacket get stuck
And your headphones short, and your charger don't work
And you spill shit on your shirt
I hope your tears don't hurt, and I can smile in your face
Cut my losses, how Delilah changed my locks to a fade
I hope you happy, I hope you happy
I hope you ruined this shit for a reason, I hope you happy, igh

That's the one arcade fire album I still haven't listened to.

Still one of my favorite albums