youtube.com/watch?v=ipDhMIfZYiY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>fedora jungle
>good
wew lad

xDDDDDD nice mayme dooohd xDD

pic related

It's SAW 85-92 desu

I know that's not "cool" to say anymore but imo it's his most consistent. Never did like RDJ Album.

not trying to be contrarian here but that's by far his most overrated album imo
most of his other work as aphex twin during the 90s beats it pretty easily, it's still a great album though

>p4k mattering

Leave Sup Forums

generous

I disagree, but I've never thought the album format was his strong suit. SAW II is my second favourite but it could have been cut down a little and ICBYD is pretty uneven.

I wouldn't go as far as this lad but I will say that RDJ's take on breaks has always...rubbed me the wrong way, so RDJ and Drukqs don't really appeal to me. Can't say why - I'd rather listen to DnB or jungle. He's a much stronger techno producer imo

bump

What is the difference between techno and breaks? pard here

correct

is there an mp3 link to the cheetah ep?

check rbt.asia

Nah, Squarepusher and Venetian Snares are far better at doing the acid jungle breaks.

Breaks are sampled drums, traditionally from the instrumental breaks on funk records. Techno as all electronics

Ahh interesting, thanks. So the RDJ album and Drukqs are breaks? I didn't know the drums were sampled.

>particularly lit

Why is it so hard to find good breakbeat records?

because you're probably american and/or a Sup Forums drone who relies on the internet for music

Breakbeat music doesn't always have to be sampled, but it commonly is, the basic rules of the genre stay the same though.
Yes RDJ Album and much of Drukqs are breakbeat, more accurately jungle, derived

The main difference between techno and breaks is that techno tends to be very rigid in its composition, whereas breakbeat is usually more fluid, the percussive elements are less restrained

In the case of Aphex;
>techno
youtube.com/watch?v=9neHCT16Ll4
>breakbeat
youtube.com/watch?v=ipDhMIfZYiY

got me tbqh

>The main difference between techno and breaks is that techno tends to be very rigid in its composition, whereas breakbeat is usually more fluid, the percussive elements are less restrained

thank you! that makes a lot of sense.

but as a whole package squarepusher and v snares are not as good

except red hot car which is fuckin great