Top 50s/Groundbreaking Albums

What does Sup Forums think of my top 50?

Also feel free to post your top 50s and discuss.

What makes an album groundbreaking, and what albums do you think deserve the 'groundbreaking' label?

saving this chart. it's not perfect, but its bretty damn good.

imo remove zach hill and cromagnon, replace with Lemon of Pink and Oneohtrix Point Never

op here. thank you for enjoying the chart!

zach's badass imo, astrological straits blew my mind when it first came out, but i could see why some people would see it as needlessly technical and tedious.

cromagnon's just so fucked. caledonia alone made me feel like it belonged on there, albeit low on the chart.

>the shaggs

op here.

to me they are literally the definition of original.

they shit all over everything that is cherished in traditional music circles, all while being entertaining and engaging.

also it just makes me happy.

saw dot perform with Neutral Milk Hotel in Wilmington. awesome show.

I admit they're unique.. I'm just not entertained by listening to them

>multiple albums by the same artist
>closes thread

too many memes

i enjoy zach hill, but it wouldn't call it groundbreaking, as it walks in the footsteps of don caballero and others who in my opinion do it slightly better.

still a damn good album though

chromagnon is too batshit crazy for even me though

op here.
:^(

but i like swans...

Illmatic is not the most groundbreaking hip-hop album by any means. It's one of them, yeah, but Grandmaster Flash, NWA, Eric B and Rakim and Public Enemy all had albums that were bigger changes to the genre than anything Nas put out.

zach's a beast but not entirely original, agreed.

lol, everything after Caledonia is so fucked up, in a good way but still. Caledonia is one of my favorite songs so that mixed with the rest put it on there.

i hear stories that they got random people from the streets to contribute. absolutely wonderful.

op here.

yes this chart is quite good.

i enjoy the redundancy of having multiple albums from the same artist on my small chart to further substantiate how close minded i actually am.

i'd agree mostly, nwa and public enemy are fucking awesome.

i haven't listened to rakim in fucking forever, wow, gotta dust off the old cds...

no this is the real op trust me.

surfers, zappa, death grips and swans.

point taken still. you got me right in the heart man.

and this heat. but they get a pass. because this heat is fucking great.

>death grips
>microphones
>three (3) fucking swans albums

groundbreaking if you came to Sup Forums five minutes ago maybe

sure is summer

this is just a list of my favorite albums. i wanted to discuss groundbreaking records separately (though i do believe many of the above records are groundbreaking, not all however)

also ive been on this site for 5 years you meme toad.

nico, jazz funk greats, and the two zappa albums are standouts 'groundbreaking' wise. the trout too, though that record has become quite the meme (unfortunately)

>also ive been on this site for 5 years
you hit that sweet note between hilarity and depressing user

what albums wet your whistle, user

not sarcasm, this is all free discussion : )

:^(
i'm calling the cops young man.

trips for your soul user.

shit

i'd put some United States of America on that list

very creative group