I think it's clear that Sunbather is the better work now that we know HHH is a hack that got lucky once

I think it's clear that Sunbather is the better work now that we know HHH is a hack that got lucky once

both of these albums are complete shite

how does that make sense at all?
New Bermuda was even worse than TAW

No, the reason why HHH got lucky is because he managed to make an album better than Sunbather with even less insight into Black Metal.

rollercoaster black metal > screamogaze

>New Bermuda was even worse than TAW
not physically possible

HHH>Sunbather

Aesthethica > The Ark Work > Renihilation > New Bermuda > Sunbather > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala

wrong

Aesthethica > Renihilation > Sunbather > New Bermuda > The Ark Work > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Memes

New Bermuda is a masterpiece, which isn't the case for TAW

at least we agree on bAesthethica

everything about it felt just as tacked-on, difference being that the elements it used were already played out in metal(core - srsly half of the riffs sound like generic metalcore), so it's not as apparent i guess. TAW was at least fresh

The Ark Work is the DEFINITION of tacked-on. It's a grotesque Frankenstein monster of heterogenous musical styles clumsily sewn together into a ridiculous mess of bleeps and moans.

yes, i know, but at least it's somewhat entertaining, endearing and novel the way hunter did it, NB suffers from the same problem of everything feeling out of place but it's boring as fuck on top of it, with its stock-seeming interludes/groove riffs/meloblack riffs. if you see anything special in that, tell me what it is

Sunbather is mediocre, Aesthethica is inconsistent. I'd prefer the latter.

both are 5/10

As autistic as HHH is, Aesthetica is a great black metal album. Sunbather is pretty good but it doesnt have that punch that Aesthetica does.

wrong

The Ark Work > Aesthethica > Renihilation > Sunbather > NILOTSOTQ > New Bermuda

how is taw tacked-on?
it's a pretty cohesive album

The Ark Work?
It's not cohesive. It keeps a similar glitzy nasal digital sound throughout the whole runtime but that's about it.

in the same way Kid A is, the album has no "core" sound at all

>the album has no "core" sound at all

What? Sounds like you've only read reviews of TAW and not actually listened to it. If you take the apparent genre mixing completely at face value I can understand why you'd think this.

I think he's talking about New Bermuda.

I love Liturgy, but even i can admit that The Ark Work is a piece of shit

it really doesn't. Hunter said it himself though, he wanted to have every track sound different from one another. literally only Fanfare & Kel Valhaal and Follow I & II are similar, and those are basically reprises

Dean Blunt's retarded mustache makes him look like an old person that smells terrible and I want to fucking punch him for it, I feel like

try me white boy and see what happens,blud

Haelegen & Reign Array

So close. Let me fix that for you

Aesthethica > The Ark Work > Sunbather > Renihilation > New Bermuda > New Introductory Lectures on the System of Transcendental Qabala

>dungeon synth interlude
>symphonic prog black metal epic
ehh

they're based on the same motif