youtube.com/watch?v=5mmFofkhq6o

youtube.com/watch?v=H3xlVvb7FHQ

What does /metal/ think of this album?

Good EP

looks gay

youtube.com/watch?v=36nLattJUVs

youtube.com/watch?v=h8jaL57mP2k

Album of the decade.

No, I don't expect anything to surpass it.

It's pretty good Prog DM, you should check it out.

youtube.com/watch?v=SYiN4kVTJNs

>muh thrashy triplets

youtube.com/watch?v=KODikJAtgc8

youtube.com/watch?v=CTe_gY5EyuY
The only good song from the album.

Towards One Goal is one of the top 10 greatest Thrash songs ever made.
youtube.com/watch?v=IALUS-4TwKo

PHILOSOPHY TIME

Fact: on the first 5 Metallica records, the best songs are track 1 and 5 (only exception being Kill 'em All, since Anesthesia is a shitty song, so it's 1 and 6).

No, I don't think demons can kill themselves. From what I understand, they just wanted to carry on wreaking havoc instead of floating around looking for another host. The purposes of the story are basically to warn against the destructive nature of demons, and to demonstrate Jesus' authority over them.

>Enter Sandman is the best song on the Black Album
Also, the vocals absolutely kill Shortest Straw for me.
>"Shawtest Stwaaaaw!!!"

the whole album is goat as fuck

trve norwegian balck metel

battery is the worst song on puppets, trapped under ice is one of the weaker songs on ride the lightning, the shortest straw is probably the worst song on ajfa, and there are plenty of songs better than enter sandman on the black album

>the shortest straw is probably the worst song on ajfa
the title track, eye of the beholder, harvester of sorrow, to live is to die are all worse than shortest straw.

nice interpretation, user
although, if i remember correctly, according to the Bible demons are just fallen angels and are physical beings

Without a doubt a Kek

"AVE

>Thanks for the letter. Yes, Goateye is stone dead! He blew his brains out with a shotgun after cutting open all his veins on his wrists and his throat! Brutal as the devil!

Well, the reason for doing this was that he lived only for the EVIL black metal scene, and its lifestyle with rivets, chains, crosses black clothes and hell. Today all "death" metal bands have normal clothing and jogging pants and look as ordinary as they can, and the same goes for the audience who are nothing but trendy little kids with jogging pants and skateboards! When he discovered that only (with a few exceptions) trendy children listened to us and came to concerts, and that all he stood for with the old evil scene was laid to waste by kids and hardcore-moral-political-idiots; he decided to die. I have declared WAR on the trendy children and FALSE "death" metal bands! Normal people should FEAR death metal! They will DIE!

But I must add that it was interesting to be able to study (half) a human brain and rigor mortis. When I found him I naturally got my camera and took CLOSE-ups of the corpse from different angles, and me and Hellhammer found 2 large pieces of the cranium that we have hung in neck chains. The pictures will be used on the Mayhem album. We will NOT disband! No way in hell! We believe a curse has been laid on Mayhem because EVERYTHING goes to hell, but I will NEVER give up! No, we will not attend his funeral because Dead would have HATED that. + it is expensive and he will not notice it much anyway. His mother told us that we have to be there but I don't give a fuck, I'm not a fucking therapist. I'm counting on that our bass player will be there, but that is because he is a sentimental wimp-fucker who didn't even have the guts to see the BLOOD. We will probably have a new bass player soon."

title track and instrumental are easily among the best
the other two you mentioned are similarly average like shortest straw, although eye of the beholder has a better chorus and i like harvester of sorrow for being the obligatory slower groovier song
shortest straw has little going for it aside from a catchy riff that probably influenced countdown-era megadeth

euronymous was goat

To Live Is To Die is the most repetitive and needlessly long song Metallica has ever recorded.

I disagree

>His mother told us that we have to be there but I don't give a fuck, I'm not a fucking therapist.

that fucking line out of nowhere. fucking black metal autists, you couldn't make this shit up

The Bible is frustratingly vague on the topic of demons and angels. It never uses the term 'fallen angels', and it doesn't say whether they're spiritual, physical or both. The Qur'an and the various Kabbalahs go into much more detail.

so in that case, why did jesus give them permission to wreak more havoc?

>not posting the original
youtube.com/watch?v=nTX32-chxVE

i did always find that to be incredibly disappointing when i started reading the bible for the sweet lore

>elder godtier writing for the acoustic guitar
>sterile as fuck riff writing
baka desu senpai

why did euronymous look like ltcorbis?

I'm not 100% sure but I think the Book of Enoch covers that

>Euro looked like male Bjork
what did they mean by this

Like I said, as a warning. According to American theologian William L. Lane:
>Jesus allowed the demons to enter the swine to indicate beyond question that their real purpose was the total destruction of their host.
They had wanted to destroy the possessed man, just like they destroyed the pigs, but the man was more capable of resisting them.

I'm in need of punk/hardcore inflected metal, something sludgy and grimey, like it was recorded in half a foot of mud during a thunderstorm.

F I S T U L A
youtube.com/watch?v=1WbzdHyhhbw

Killer, I'm a sucker for screeches, guitar or vocals.

Oh hey, you're right! I always wondered where people got the whole 'fallen angels' thing from.

Hey /metal/.
Opinions on this?

it came up in the previous thread:

/r/blackmetal seems to like it, so it probably sucks

I think the tora goes into that

Oh my bad, I should have checked first.
Granted, it was no melancholy2, but I was quite pleased with it.

so, it's not about music being good or not, it's about the fact that normies do or do not like it.... huh, i'm not surprised.

some more noisy, sludgy and filthy shit:
youtube.com/watch?v=f0mud2ZGAfc
youtube.com/watch?v=m3P3W4Rn1R4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hq2g_sch1ik

You have it backwards. If normies don't like it, then it's probably not good :^).

Anyway, I'm just memeing.

>mistress
mah nigga

Oh, i figured the sentence might sound like "if a normie likes it then it's good", but i totally didn't meant that.
Anyway, i'm glad you're not autistic :)

yautja.bandcamp.com/album/songs-of-lament

youtu.be/FQ-ghBh77Zc
youtu.be/yjg_dLEZb7w

RH was sick and I really dug Mistress.

Dig both of these, really enjoyed Admiral Angry's vocals

Oh and I'll add this too.
youtu.be/rta93F9UJ3g

leak WHEN?

Dude this is pretty nasty, nice post

Can you boys rec me some spooky, soul crushing DSBM? No Gris, Shining or Xasthur please. I'm not that new to the genre.

youtube.com/watch?v=f116YZsKuAU
youtube.com/watch?v=j9CZ6ExUHVQ
youtube.com/watch?v=yRNyQyG02Uw

I'm in need of some melodic post-slamcore dildocrunkgrind, any recs appreciated

i like this

maybe i should re-rad the good old book one of these days

yeah, that's where most of the demon stuff comes from
Best book in the Bible and by far

youtube.com/watch?v=s7M-jxi8LDA

The Book of Enoch isn't in the Bible.

shit, it isn't
it's just quoted in bible

Read the Apocrypha while you are at it.
It's books omitted from the old testament of the bible.

have any of you ventured out of /metal/ recently? it looks like grimesposting is getting pretty out of control.

Oh shit I remember that plane in skyrim.
Trippiest library ever.

Is it the shit that isn't boring and preachy?

We don't talk about those people here.
Best not to contaminate the best part of Sup Forums

I can't stop listening to Tense Stage.

sounds esoteric as shit, thanks for the rec a lot, user! I legitimately appreciate it, i'll get some PDFs of these bitches in to time

it was always atrociously common

It's old Jewish books, that in some ways, contradict things written in the christian new testament, therefore the christians omitted these old jewish books when they compiled the bible in the 4th century.

nice mix of grind and death metal. too bad they don't play anymore. The drummer created a new band named Bodybag thebodybag.bandcamp.com/

THE GATES

not really punk-influenced, but this is pretty grimey:
autokrator.bandcamp.com/

listen to crust

Do you actually know any not bad crust or are you memeing m8?

Seconding this. The Book of Tobit is my favourite. It reads like a Brothers Grimm story.

Koreisch is actually grind, but it might be to your liking m8

>amebix
>antisect
>sacrilege
>rudimentary peni
>nausea
>skaven
all of these bands are awesome

Ancst
Black Breath
Dark Circles
Disfear
Mantar

Wow, this is actually pretty great
having a few long songs instead of a ton makes it much easier to digest, and it's just pretty great synth work. it's Midnight Odyssey goes Doomy instead of spacey and it's pretty great tbqhwy l a d s

i still don't get the whole ''dude what if i record this album as a split between all my solo projects lmao'' thing this album has got going on because the song don't really variate in style between all the different projects

So I've recently gotten into metal. I have been listening to a lot of opeth. Can you give me some other bands that are similar.

Lurk moar.
Also dig the charts.

Black Crown Initiate and also kill yourself

you might also like Ne Obliviscaris but they aren't really similar to Opeth

have you listened to Porcupine Tree and Steven Wilson

Thanks

wow that is a shit chart

when was this made

No I havent