First time listening to Exmilitary

What was it like listening to Exmilitary for the first time? Were you shocked? Disgusted?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n4CpypI7SOo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

DUDE!

I love listening to this album in public.

No one heard of it so they think that im intelligent and interesting.

haha

And when they say they dont like it, I get to be condescending and look down on them lol

The first time I heard this my fucking existence nearly turned inside out. I felt like I was never truly born. Everything I knew about life and being had been brought into question. I was listening to the harmonies of the gods, an extra-human, extra-universal event. I fucking became.

why would i be shocked or disgusted

i liked it

I fucking loved it. The intro to Beware had me instantly hooked, and I listened to the whole thing front to back with my jaw agape.

bump

i broke my table with my flaccid dick

I thought, "WOW! What a neat sounding album compared to all the OF dick riding circa 2011, maybe I'll tell Sup Forums and they won't jump on some stupid bandwagon."

Seriously, after Fantano reviewed The Money Store, it became impossible to post DG anywhere on here or other boards.

>hurr durr i am a RETART

helped u out there bud :^)

Felt kinda eh about it to be honest, and I still do.

I listened to it after listening to TMS, NLDW, and TPTB so maybe that's why. Ride always felt kinda stale on this release, though he doesn't sound that different from other DG albums so I'm not sure why I feel that. Tracks like Culture Shock and Blood Creeping I don't really care for, and Thru the Walls is the only DG track I outright hate. I prefer Full Moon (Death Classic) over any track from EXM.

But I'm in the minority here, so I'm probably missing something.

no, you're just doing music taste wrong. when you don't like something that receives widespread acclaim, it's not that you're missing something, it's that everyone has shit taste but you, remember?

the very first time I put it on and heard Beware I thought it was shit because it was so droney and I found it boring. I thought it was just shitty alt hip hop

days later i gave it another shot and made it thru Beware whilst enjoying a lot more this time, and was absolutely blown away by Guillotine where I was hooked immediately. I loved every song on the rest of the album even Spread Eagle the first time I heard it. that was in July, 2011, and it really is incredible to see how far they've come as well as how far they've gone with their sound and overall concept s/ash aesthetic

listened and became meme king

>Listened to Guillotine
>GARBAGE
>Listened to Beware a month later and just went with the album
>SUBLIME

well

Just listened to it yesterday for the first time.

I felt confused, and under attack. "Beware" was like getting slapped in the face, and the following tracks made me realize how little I understood of what music can be.

I described it to my friends as "anti-music," a sound that did not abide by conventional rules of music and radio, at least that which I have heard. It was rude, fast, loud, and unsymmetric.

I'm amazed at it now. I'm listening to it over again tonight.

I was kinda confused, only song I liked at first was culture shock, now it's my least favorite song on the album lol

>IT WAS LIKE A FEELING OF SMOKING 10 JOINTS AND THEN FALLING INTO RELAXATION.

I loved Beware, not so much anything else besides Death Heated and Blood Creepin'.

it felt right. like what i always wanted hip hop to be, visceral paranoid and violent

When I said terrifying I meant dark.

Underwhelmed desu

I heard Lord of the Game lel'd at Sup Forums praising this garbage

there's like 4 good songs tops on this garbage ass album

Best songs are
>Beware
>Guillotine
>Takyon
>Spread Eagle Cross The Block
>Klink

XD you're so hardcore

Yo, how much for a gram of shrooms?

says the guy who posts I AM THE BEAST I WORSHIP on his facebook!

this album is booty but it was an alright first attempt,
it's shit compared to anything else they've done and you're a straight up dumbass if you say otherwise

I've only listened to it once, I'll go back to re-listen to it sooner or later, but it's just absurdly obnoxious from my first listen.

this
DG fan now

I can't remember my exact reaction but I didn't like it very much. It took a few listens.

lol fucking epic bro XD

the representative of Sup Forums has spoken

I thought it had nice beats and was pretty groovy.

wasnt a fan then, not a fan now.

death grips is stupid

listen to TPTB, myman.

they're fucking god awful and i don't understand the appeal.. but i guess we're the wrong ones

I was like "Hey this is bretty good."

Instantly a fan. I thought it was really interesting and novel when it came out and I listened to it all the way through and then listened through it again right after. I really like the aggressiveness and the energy. Was in my top 5 albums that year.

Exmilitary came out when I first started browsing Sup Forums, so I was getting into more and new music. Everyone hyped the shit out of it, and it was talked about often. My first listen, I did not understand or get the appeal. To me at the time, it was very rough, in my face, felt very lofi. Didn't expect it at all, I felt like I hadn't heard anything like it. I tried a few more listens, start feeling more songs, and I ended up loving the whole thing. Favorite DG release.

When I first heard it, I thought it was really good and was anticipating to see where they'd go next. Little did I know if the emotional rollercoaster they'd have us going on in the next couple years.

Never got into Guillotine until the last few months though. Beware is still overrated as fuck.

>there are people who still don't get DG

Why is this such a satisfying feeling?

Listen to the rest of their discog chronologically

I laughed at the AGH AGH AGH AAGGH

I was shocked and intrigued. As soon as Beware came on I was sucked in. Ever since then they've become my favorite band.

What track?

garbage album
just goes to show how underage Sup Forums really is

Klink

Mostly i just was cringing at the youtube comments going all "hrey guis wo like atonee fantanyo n pos cuk meme on the mu site xdddddd"

the second time i downloaded it and thought it was something unique and interesting but not sure if it did much for me personally

I won't lie, the first listened I hated it but I was intrigued so I kept coming back, the summer had passed and I was hooked by September. It was my album of the year come December. I've been hooked on the band ever since, Thru the Walls is probably my favourite track

I thought you were being ironic at first but thats a pretty good way of looking at it

Face Melter, Full Moon and Takyon > Every track that originated from Exmilitary

I loved it. It was full of power, it was the kind of stuff I lacked from hip-hop at the time, so it's one of my fav hip-hop albums still.

I was weirded out. Later I realized it was one of the best things ever and continued on to NLDW.

underage b& mods

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I liked it, it's caught my interest. Nothing life changing but they're not as bad as contrarians on Sup Forums claim to be.

Overall I enjoyed it

You sound like an insufferable hipster cunt. It's not impossible to post it at all, and at this point I can promise you that the Death Grips haters are worse than the fandom itself. You're all blowing it up to be way worse than it actually is.

Actually just listened to it for the first time a month or so ago. Knew what to expect to some extent so I wasn't mindblown but it was still pretty left field. Thankfully, the first 4 songs are absolute fucking bangers (Guillotine is the weakest but I knew it from the memes). Beware was fucking crazy, Spread Eagle was awesome, Lord of the Game was an edgy take on a pop banger and that's how far I got in my car ride before getting home. Listened to the rest in the shower and although it wasn't as good as the opening, I still really liked it. Now I've listened to the EP, Exmil and Money Store extensively and I'm a huge fan.

But yeah great first experience

Takyon stuck with me, it's in my gym playlist to this day

Interesting how many people like it in this thread, it's one of my least fav tracks. Still decent, but just feels like they're being abrasive for the sake of being abrasive unlike the other songs where it seems to flow better

top kek idk why but laughed my dick off at this

I thought guillotine was dogshit.

the hook on the fever is perfect though

Awesome, almost every song was solid, some lacked but you eventually get into them.

Beware was one hell of a way to open an album, surprised that the other songs could follow.

Lost my mind at Takyon.and Klink

I GOT THE DIAMONDS
SCRAPIN
SIDIN
WASTING MY LIFE ON ALTERED STATES DEM
BAKITUP

I GOT THE DIAMONDS
SCRAPIN
SIDIN
WASTING MY LIFE ON ALTERED STATES DEM
BAKITUP

I GOT THE FEVER

How are they so catchy while being so fucking harsh, I listened to Fever at 9am and it's now 1:30am the next day and that hook is still stuck in my head

ride's flow on this track is one of the best we've ever heard from him

Ah ok, for me DG hasn't really been about Ride as a rapper - I don't even really know the lyrics unless I wanna be able to sing the hook. It's more like he's a whole instrument on his own. So while his flow plays into that, it's not that important to me like if I was listening to a more normal rap album

horny

so I guess you don't like Anne Bonny either?

youtube.com/watch?v=n4CpypI7SOo

skip to ~1:15

I'm the guy who just started listening to DG a month or so ago, I'm only up to NLDW. To be fair I never said I dislike Takyon, it's just one of the weaker tracks (on a 9/10 album) probably because the beat isn't as good as most of the others.

Sounded like shit to me. What's supposedly so great about these people? I honestly don't see the appeal.

oh man, NLDW and GP may feel underwhelming but you're in for a treat with TPTB and even BP.
So did you like A Bonny or?

I'm quite looking forward to NLDW tbbh, at least from what DG said about it when making it. Sorry pal imma leave A Bonny til the album, I'm probs gonna listen through GP in the next couple days and I've been loving hearing these albums as one cohesive work, Death Grips is the first band in a LONG time that I've listened to from like a pretentious hipster point of view where I really hear their "creation" or whatever

Better than TMS that's for sure. I'm not even being ironic.

>falling for the meme
wew lad

it's not really different from anything i've hear or listen to before, i've walked in the paths of Mike Patton and Fantomas, Fantomas is the closest thing to Death Grips if it was a full complete Band, MC RIDE just reminds me of Mike Patton for his rap and vocal style, although mike's range far exceeds that of MC RIDE's and other's in the age of music today. if I was ever to buy someone a gift, it'd be this record

Fantano spotting

Still my most listened to album by them. The raw energy is just so infectious and fun. Ride toned it down a little with future releases. I fucking love Thru the walls.

Add, i want it i need it

Exmilitary is my favorite DG album

do you know people like this in real life? I doubt it, there's a difference between Sup Forums threads and IRL.

Known For It is a fantastic track aswell

I honestly had a hard time getting in to it at first. My first experience with dg was tms on my way to school, and I got so into it I accidentally rode 4 stops too far on the train. After listening to that for about 2 weeks I tried to listening too exmillitary, and I really didn't get it. Took about 2-3 months after listening too tms before I started enjoying the rest of their discography, but now they are probably my favourite active band.

Ooh, and Notm is still one of the greatest records of all time

Listened to it on a bike ride because I thought it would be interesting. It was a fantastic experience, I recommend it. I never had a hard time "getting" DG, but even if so, that definitely helped.

first time:
why is this homeless man yelling at me over random electronic bullshit?

second/third time:
i guess it's kind of interesting

next few times after ~1 year break
hmm this is fun to work out too

next several times a couple years later:
holy shit this is amazing

Before listening to I was going through this stage of listening to really extreme metal all the time, trying to chase a feeling that I got hearing that type of music. When j heard ex military I was amazed, I got that feeling from music that wasn't anywhere even close to metal and it changed my entire perspective of what music was "extreme."

It's still my favorite Death Grips album to this day, I fucking love it.

Favorite tracks:
>beware
>spread eagle cross the block
>Takyon
>I want it I need it
>lord of the game

Same here senpai

Why would you be shocked? I really enjoyed it. Felt really comfy and relaxing. Then again I have severe mental illness.