Clyp thread - immitation edition

In this thread, the mission is to think of an artist, and then make a song in their "style" or "sound"

clyp.it/5fmcauiz

This is my attempt at an Avalanches esque track, its rough, I have a lot left to do it (I'd be happy for some feedback and suggestions btw!). hope this thread is a good idea and it would be really neat to have a lot of people participating in this, I could make a mixtape of some of the highlights

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/obiweiyb
clyp.it/5ordcrfa
clyp.it/l1uzbz3h
clyp.it/pdhsrknr
clyp.it/sazxl0vr
clyp.it/g1evunyn
clyp.it/lls1wugj
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this is the smoothest thing ive heard in my life

My tracks aren't the only thing I like to keep smooth..

Anyone wanna try this?

Ill give everyone a smoothie if one of you guys make a track

clyp.it/obiweiyb

Me pretending I know how to make an LCD Soundsystem song. Also, incomplete.

clyp.it/5ordcrfa
I made this to sound like Vashti Bunyan, namely something sounding like it was from Heartleap

OP here, holy shit! I havent listened to much of LCD but I remember this feel to their songs, very good detailed production

That's a great snare, what program are you using?
Keep em coming dude!!

Can you set this as downloadable please? This is def going on the mixtape

I just use Logic and some of the Logic sounds for drums.

Since I can mess with some virtual tuning and dampening I just tuned it all the way up with the most dampening I could, then added tons of high end lost from dampening.

The synth is also Logic, then the bass and guitars are just DI'd. This is how I usually arrange tracks, with programmed drums and DI'd instruments, then when I go to record them I try to get similar sounds mic'ing real drums and amps and synths, but I'm okay if they end up different.

sure

i liked the instrumental and the random drumming going on in the back a lot but the dk rap part was distracting in a bad way, maybe if it was shorter
this is great, definitely what they were going for on sound of silver, gj user
nice, very comfy

clyp.it/l1uzbz3h
been listening to a lot of the glow pt.2 and i feel like a lot of the stuff i'm writing lately is pretty inspired by it

>see album highly praised on Sup Forums for years
>finally get around to checking it out
>'meh' listen halfway and turn it off
>come back to it randomly a few months later
>blown the fuck away
i like it when this happens

clyp.it/pdhsrknr

Well, I had Natural Snow Buildings's more folk oriented stuff in mind when I wrote this
clyp.it/sazxl0vr

And a lot of people tell me that this sounds like Sung Tongs era Animal Collective
clyp.it/g1evunyn

This one definitely reminds me of the end of the song The Glow Pt. 2.

Please make these downloadable! I think I'll put all 4 of the folk stuff so far into 1 track for the mixtape, ill see what i can do

Alright these are downloadable now. Are you gonna put this on BC or something?

I can if you want
I'll make a Sup Forums mixtape bandcamp right quick
you guys got talent !!!

clyp.it/lls1wugj

Hey bro I just got dome remixing your track its kind of silly but i hope you enjoy

I like it. I could see it being used in some sort of movie or something where everything needs to feel chaotic or claustrophobic.

Damn son

Really liked these, keep it up yo