/metal/

/metal/ - French Black edition

old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1iqW-Iyhb8U
youtube.com/watch?v=OfCHwsp9bS
musicforyou.ga/album.php?q=https://open.spotify.com/album/6DFOHxOW0M1Dl1JEzR5wOr
youtube.com/watch?v=FTB9XKWmEMI
youtube.com/watch?v=MfOnq-zXXBw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
youtube.com/watch?v=ewT4xR6awsA
youtube.com/watch?v=tTTARyt7SoI
youtube.com/watch?v=h9IuOWBY6kg
youtube.com/watch?v=hrn-7Ko2Jtk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's still cool to like the first 3 Insomninum albums right guys?

Hopefully never

Anyone have a download link for Dirge - Hyperion? Can't seem to find one anywhere

Why is Runemagick so good, bros?

word

>black
>metal
kek

BLACK METAL SUCKS

breddy medal do b guide honesd wid yu

youtube.com/watch?v=1iqW-Iyhb8U

the truest black metal

what's you're favourite kurt cobain song? this is mine

youtube.com/watch?v=OfCHwsp9bS

nice link

Saw these guys two nights ago. One of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Saw them 2 weeks ago, they were bretty gud

What shows are you guys seeing? I saw Intronaut play pic related in its entirety last night. Only about 50 people showed up but the band played really well

Post god-tier thrash

You first.

rec some obscure french black, ive already heard the popular shit

ah ah ah
you didn't say the magic word

musicforyou.ga/album.php?q=https://open.spotify.com/album/6DFOHxOW0M1Dl1JEzR5wOr

i use this site for everything.

>Intronaut

Add that to the cuck metal list

nice meme

Yea, thanks for noticing, I got it specially made.

>cuck
>Intronaut

okay. Given that I may be a cuck, leave Intronaut out of it faggot

wow you handled that wrong

KEKTRONAUT CONFIRMED

>all caps cuck is still filtered
fucking gook moot

yeah I forgot. plus non caps cuck isn't so i get used to typing it.

oh well

>like the nu-male boipussi vocals of djent
>hate the retarded chugachugachuga 7-string meme guitars

why do we say chuga when djent is literally named after the sound the guitars make?

Guitars make tons of sounds you faggot

And djent is a genre named after a specific sound used very prominently. It sounds like "djent". You faggot.

>djent
kill yourself faggot

Anyone like Pitiful Reign? Any otherband like them?

How?

because "djent" is not the sound of bouncy metalcore proge shite like periphery

djent was the sound of heavy palm muted power chords across 3 or 4 strings in low register, ironically this isn't being used much at all

meshuggah never described themselves as djent, that was you losers.

This is what a djent sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=FTB9XKWmEMI

This is what faggy nu-male-core sounds like
youtube.com/watch?v=MfOnq-zXXBw

And that's because meshuggah isn't djent. We went over this last thread.

Aren't preiphery the ones who popularized the term though? Meshuggah never called themselves djent, as said

sounds the same tbqh

beats me why misha "the maurian poo in loo jew" mansoor decided to name periphery and other bands after a sound that weren't even using.

It's clearly being used in the song here thougheither that or you have no idea what sound you're talking about. They're the ones who called themselves djent, so their sound is djent.
Meshuggah's sound is not djent, because the did not call themselves djent.

Check your hearing, you're definitely wrong
Understand the difference between called themselves djent aka bedroom proge, and sounding like djenty onamatopeaic guitar tones like old meshuggah.
Anyway by all means continue to be wrong because I don't care about you

>black sabbath is not heavy metal because they did not call themselves heavy metal

If Periphery coined the term djent, then their sound decides what djent is and sounds like. If Meshuggah doesn't sound like that, then Meshuggah isn't djent.

Does anyone actually listen to Vlad Tepes?

see

I don't understand what this is supposed to prove, and how it would prove that.

Ok so you're deaf and illiterate

Well can you try and explain? Can you, with you pitch perfect hearing and reading literacy attempt to explain this in simple terms I will understand?

It means Meshuggah is the father of djent, the originator of a sound that was further developed and progressed by others who coined a term for it.

I'm not denying that Meshuggah had an influence on djent, as Periphery themselves say. But that doesn't make them djent. But there's djent as a guitar sound and djent as a genre.

What's the archetypal djen song?

>dumb anime face

>Meshuggah
>not djent

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

That's the first time I've ever listened to Periphery for more then 5 seconds
Those were some of the worst vocals I've heard in my life

>(later)
>Extreme metal.........Djent
Not seeing how this is conclusive.

Damn straight.

Keep your faggy academic shit out of this, nerd

>"Since we were so-called inventors of this music, and coming from Birmingham and all the surrounding things that are going on, it's really great for Birmingham and it's really great for us all," BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi who has been involved with the project tells the BBC in a new podcast which can be streamed below.

>He added, "I wasn't familiar with [the term 'heavy metal'] for quite a few years. I mean, I always looked at what we did as heavy rock. And when that term was first mentioned to me Somebody said, 'Oh, you play heavy metal.' And I said, 'What? What's that?' And this was a journalist from a well-known magazine. He said, 'Well, that's what you play it's heavy metal.' And I'd been in America for quite awhile, so when I came back and I heard this term, I'd never heard it. And, of course, ever since that, that's been non-stop. I still think we're heavy rock, but you are put into a bag, and I'm quite proud of it now."

their second album is better tho
still, underrated tech-thrash

Just hung out with Dragged Into Sunlight. They were super cool dudes.

We're not arguing about Black Sabbath right now. Find me some Meshuggah quotes.

I'm about to get really high and listen to this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=ewT4xR6awsA

I don't know why people say they're rude. I met the drummer and he was really cool.

Did you suck their dicks? I bet you sucked their dicks huh

Do people say that? I met all of them and they were really cool guys to me. It may have helped that I had weed on me.
Didn't come up. I'll try again next time.

>Various members of the band coined the term "Djent" in reference to a commonly-utilised technique of playing heavily muted, extended powerchords found within Meshuggah's music.

>Although inspired by bands such as Sweden's tech-metal pioneers Meshuggah – who coined the term "djent" a decade ago – and the British band Sikth, the genre and its distinctive sound has been driven forward by bedroom guitarists using virtual amp setups and computer recording programmes, then trading songs, riffs and tips on online forums – a kind of Second Life for guitar geeks.

>Meshuggah – who coined the term "djent" a decade ago
Bullshit, and again we're getting into djent as a guitar sound/technique vs. as a genre. They're two distinct things.

I need some more albums that sound like pic related.

All you've done is shit on my evidence without even attempting to count it, pussyfooted around the issue like a slimy kike, have tried to use a fallacy where it does not apply and moved the goalposts when you didn't like what you read whereas I have provided examples, quotes and source materials proving my claim that Meshhugah are the pioneers of djent, still retain djent qualities and are thus classified as a djent band.
Come back later when you get over your PMS

Meshuggah are proto-djent

/thread

None of your evidence is evidence. You're citing Wikipedia articles that cite shitty web articles who don't cite anything. Nothing you've said or posted so far is concrete.

are they australian?

>discussion on wheter Mehsuggah is Djent or not

how is this an issue in any way, shape or form

>Come back later when you get over your PMS
>right after a mad as fuck rant

But when it's "is grindcore even metal or just punk" you're all up in arms

youtube.com/watch?v=tTTARyt7SoI

i am?
i think grind is inherently both extreme metal and hardcore punk, and i wouldn't engage in debates about it because there's no way my mind would be changed about that

unless you mean i insulted some idiot who was arguing that grind shouldn't be allowed in /metal/ or something along those lines

It's true. They are.

There's a difference between bleeding cunt bitching and waving your cock around after you've trashed a faggot texas style

it's usually one or two posts not one or two whole threads you cock gobbler

dude I was not even talking to you

read the whole interview

>Without much hesitation -nor humility- the legendary musician quickly added: "So now that we have established this, any sodding cunt who wants to play that music should be paying us 10 pounds for each strum of the strings. People tend to spew all that shite on Sharon and expect that I would agree, even secretly. But that's not the case, she's a wonderful woman and what's wrong with defending what's yours?? Sod off"

So? Who cares. It's all shit either way.

You let me know when an entire thread start to finish is an argument about Meshuggah being djent or not.

youtube.com/watch?v=h9IuOWBY6kg

Phil Anselmos blackend grindcore-project, pretty cool

here you go:

So that's not even half of this thread, and a tiny portion of the last thread,

Again, You let me know when an entire thread start to finish is an argument about Meshuggah being djent or not.

I'm not saying it has to be all 310 posts, but frequent and consistent posting throughout the thread should do it.

Still recovering from Saturday's show

had to grab a copy of Terminal Aggressor and one of their candles

Let's meticulously go through Meshuggah's songs one at a time and decide which ones are djent.

all me

First up
youtube.com/watch?v=hrn-7Ko2Jtk
djent? y/n?
I say no. It's Metallica worship

All him. It's all this random user's fault.

>tfw too hot to wear my leather jacket

black metal for this feel?