BORIS THREAD

Fuck YES. The vinyl reissue of PINK just came in the mail. Listening to it right now and the mix is really good. Different than the original; all the guitar work in the background is now easier to decipher. It sounds amazing.

Who picked this up and who is seeing them on tour (where they are playing Pink in it's entirety)?
I'm catching them in D.C. in August!

Also, they reprinted all the lyrics in English in the liner notes. Many of these were either printed incorrectly in the original release or were illegible due to the packaging. Farewell finally makes sense:

Farewell
It's long gone, gone away
Words were almost lost and gone

I felt it was far away, even if it was near
I felt I could reach at last

Ready-made answers are here
Sitting like a guidepost
And always tries to deliver
I turn away from those kind of things
Get up and go, my well
Just wave good-bye
Farewell

FUCK I AM HAPPY! Also, general Boris thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FxishhgT560
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also, while this may be an unpopular opinion: I am glad that, when this was released ten years ago in America, Southern Lord put Farewell on as the first track. It was what got me into Boris and I'm not sure if I would have started following them had it opened with Pink (the song).

I had this weird dream last night where wata wanted me to have sex with her but everytime I was about to put it in I went flaccid. Does this mean I'm gay?

that's reasonable. I like the other version because of the extended version of I Just Abandoned Myself, but farewell is a good opener

Dream Moods
Penis
To see a penis in your dream signifies sexual energy, power, aggression, and fertility, especially if the penis is erect. If the penis is flaccid, then it points to sexual frustration.
When was the last time you fucked?

I bought the Stoner Witch repress instead of Pink, AMA

Thinking about seeing them in DC. Should I?

Is that the tour with Earth? If so, yes.

Yea, this had so many versions when it came out. The CD copy I had started with Farewell, but it abruptly stopped at like 6:30 in, cutting off the soft outro at the end. It also cut out a bunch of the drone bits on various songs - My Machine was only about a minute long or so. However it did feature the full 19 minute version of JUST ABONDONED MYSELF (which was misprinted)

I'm really glad this finally has a proper release.

why not get houdini and stag too? the bundle costs about as much as pink

Fuck yea, it's going to be an amazing show. Full album shows arn't super common and Boris puts on an amazing show.

And yea, Earth is opening who are really good. Also Shit Storm...a grind core band that sounds like every other grind core band ever.

more like boring thread

The record store had like 3 copies of Stag which, imo is Melvins' nu-metal record. And no copies of Houdini. Fortunately I have a first pressing. Unfortunately it's still in the shrink wrap so I can hardly ever listen to it.

Going to be seeing them in Madison

take it out the shrinkwrap
go apeshit

Nice!

I've only seen boris once and it was for the Heavy Rocks/Attention Please tour in 2011. It was a damn good show. Am I the only one who thinks that Heavy Rocks (2) is one of the top Boris albums?

it's a 250 dollar record you big dingus

>not heavy rocks 2002

Yes you are the only one

I got the reissue too. I think it's 100% better than the original.

same!

>it's a 250 dollar record you big dingus
that you can't listen to

God I fucking hate collectors

value has dropped since the reissues though

Glad it's at the majestic and not something bigger like the Orpheum

I just got the limited edition Pink/Purple vinyl re-issue of Pink today.

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed in the packaging, but it sounds great, even the bonus album.

Should I go to Seattle to catch the show???

if it's less than a 2 hour drive I'd say yes

I don't drive, I think the bus ride would be 3 hours though.

Well as long as you've got a way back then hell yeah

AKUMA NO UTA VINYL REISSUE WHEN??

>Tfw no tour dates near me.
Why live? At least I can see Sunn O))) in August..

Has anyone uploaded the re-release to mega yet?

pics plz OP

> not taking records out of the wrap as soon as you get them

you do know that stuff shrinks over time, right?

OP here, yea the packaging is kind of arse. It should have been a 3 sleeve LP holder instead of a make-shift box that carries all three.

Go to the Seattle show, it will be worth it!

Fuck I hate taking pictures at shows. I'll take a few though.

Doubt that will happen :( the only reason PINK was re-released was that the demand has been there for years and it's their best selling album.

Has anybody ripped the vinyl version to MEGA or zippyshare yet?

First dronevil is the only good stuff. absolutego is meh.

What Boris record should I listen to if I liked the hard stoner/sludge metal parts on Akuma no Uta?

This flowchart is good, but there was one on here a few weeks ago that was MASSIVE. It started off by picking either Pink, Amplfier worship, or Flood depending on which cover your liked best lol It was REALLY good - does anyone have it?

>They're coming to atl on the 30th with earth
>have no one to go with
Does anyone here go to concerts by themselves? I'm not against the idea but at the same time I'm so used to seeing everything with my gf and having someone to talk to

Me and my gf just broke it off so I'm giving my free ticket to one of my friends who likes metal. Fuck I hate going to shows alone.

this one?

YES! Thank you!!!!

Anyone who wants to get into boris, use this one

Yeah, go apeshit

Go, it's cool being at a show by yourself, nothing to worry about other than the music

>pick coolest album cover
>uses lamest pink cover

Yea, the one with Satan was best. Why didn't they put that one on the re-release?

Also, I thought something cool might come with the re-release like the original had with the Acid strips, but alas the packaging is pretty sparse :/

God I thought I was the only one. I fucking hated the packaging for this. Really wish they would have just gone with something more traditional since its not as if there is any actual art on it. Just a piece of solid pink cardboard folded over itself.

Sort of pissed me off given Sargenthouse really hyped up the packaging and it was totally barebones.

I'm leaving for Tennessee the same night they're performing in my hometown and I'm livid about that.

mine just shipped, am excite. seeing them in LA on the same day my band's album comes out so it's gonna be a hype time for me haha.

Is earth opening for them everywhere?

I just bought one (1) ticket to see them in Connecticut
anybody else going?
thinking of going to the brooklyn show too but going into the city is more trouble than it's worth
really excited to see them play, I have this rule that I only wear band shirts if I get them at the show so really pumped to pick this one up

I've fallen out of love with vinyl collecting, but if that remaster sounds better I might pick it up because the cd isnt that clear

>tfw Canadian poorfag
>I can afford to go to a trip to Toronto or Montreal to see them with a friend, but it'd leave me broke
Should I do it Sup Forums? I won't see Earth which is a bummer but I like Boris more anyway.

yes

someone upload it in flac

do you think there's a chance they'll sign my copy when I see them on the 30th

>the only reason PINK was re-released was that the demand has been there for years and it's their best selling album
If the Pink reissue sells alot though, they might see it as a good reason to reissue other classic albums of theirs.

I recently kind of gave up record collecting, its expensive, it's unnecessary, it doesnt really sound THAT much better, actually playing them isn't convenient

but I really want this record

I've only really listened to Flood tbqh

Pink I heard many years ago. What's so special about this remake?

>I'm catching them in D.C. in August!
Yo same
Can't wait to hear My Machine and Pseudo-Bread. Shit's gonna be so fantastic

prob something that had to do with Southern Lord owning that artwork

besides, the re-release is a replica of the original Jap vinyl release

first vinyl repress in a while, and has some outtakes

I'm hoping to see them in CT. They changed the venue before I could nab tickets, now they're only offering them at the door. I really hope I don't get shut out.

Seeing them in Brooklyn with Earth. What can I expect? What are either of them like live?

>What's so special about this remake?
A full LP worth of unreleased songs from the Pink recording sessions

loud

How loud are they in concert? Should I wear any hearing protection or no?

wear hearing protection definitely, they're a noise rock band, they're gonna be loud as fuck.

Like what? I've never seen a band like this live.

Yeah I figured but I've been surprised (and frankly disappointed) before.

YES, wear hearoes ear plugs - something with at least 30db protection or higher. They are loud as fucking hell. It's a wall of noise, beautiful, gorgeous noise. I saw them with Liturgy in 2011 (BOO HISS LITURGY, fuck off they were amazing) and it was one of the loudest shows I've ever been to. Was so thankful I wear earplugs to every show (and so were my ears)

I don't doubt that the colored vinyl editions will sell out, the standard one will probably sell well too. They may do a re-release of some albums on vinyl, I dunno. What label released Akuma?

No bauls

OP here, I would but I don't wanna

hey guys im back

bump

youtube.com/watch?v=FxishhgT560

This seems like your standard heavy jam. Will it really be deafening without ear plugs?

Never listened to them before, but they're playing near me. Worth going? Earplugs needed?

Absolutely to both.

>Seeing them in Brooklyn with Earth.
Color me fucking jelly.

I hope with Pink's anniversary and touring they'll make a heavier album even tho I enjoyed Noise immensely.