What is it about The Smiths that normies love so much?

What is it about The Smiths that normies love so much?

And why has it taken them nearly three decades to discover them?

500 days of summer

Probably it. That and their epic funny quote hero Noel Gallagher constantly praising them.

Normies like them because The Smiths are known for being quirky and unique so it gives people a sense of individuality

The recent surge is because modern pop culture is based mainly around nostalgia.

Also fuck you, they're really good

It's "sad" music for normies who have yet to discover Elliot Smith, Nick Drake, or DSBM.

>Also fuck you, they're really good

Never said they weren't. I'm a huge fan, I just don't understand why all of a sudden everyone's jumping on their bandwagon, as if their music is a recent thing.

The songs are catchy and the lyrics are clever so they pretend to understand the lyrics to look sophisticated. Also Morrissey is one of the most attractive people to ever make music.

They most likely discovered them through a shitty book-based movie like 500 Days of Summer or The Perks of Being a Wallflower or some John Green shit. They could have discovered it through Brand New if they're an "alternative" kid and through The Weeknd if they're more mainstream.

>Elliot Smith, Nick Drake
It's funny because The Smiths made far better music than those two

I never said they didn't man I'm just saying there is sadder music out there.

And don't sleep on Drake Bell.

weird
the normies where I live only like joy division

>Drake Bell
Superhero Movie is my favorite movie of all time.

I disagree

I love mr smiths music even over drakes

shouldn't be comparing any of them though

Their first album was a best seller. I don't know what this three decades thing you're talking about is coming from.

op is the typical Sup Forums autist who gets mad when people he knows. starts liking things he does
so he comes on here and calls them normies for liking some he now once liked

Smiths are for edgy teens who haven't discovered the melancholic beauty that is Ghost Bath.

>tfw "The Queen is Dead" would be a 10/10 if it weren't for Vicar in a Tutu

>And why has it taken them nearly three decades to discover them?
>thinking The Smiths weren't incredibly popular since their inception
lmao look at this normie

Drake "No Truce You're Bruce" Bell?

The early Morrissey albums are really great, and never get much credit.

Old music is becoming trendy, especially the smiths. Hipsters are just being complete posers.

James Murphy has said that The Smiths were not "cool" to like in the '90s, so they've had roughly a two decade hiatus before resurging, which is pretty typical.

The Smiths are basic bitch, Morrissey solo ain't

what's a normie and why don't you guys think you're normies

very eager to hear your responses

because every day I scream "I AM NO NORMO"

I prefer Morrissey's solo stuff over The Smiths, that's a pretty good reason.

The smiths are shit and morrissey can't die soon enough

I am a normie, by-and-large

>implying normies even know The Smiths

I am treated differently from my friends and strangers in public. Also I'm the weird friend no one actually pays attention to

mm
mm
1. do you have anxiety
2. any self-imposed isolation going on ?
3. do you have any expectations when you're with your real-life friends?

nobody is truly a normie tbqh.we're all weird but normies are people who aren't self aware whether or not they're stating the obvious and are always cheerful about their new discoveries. I envy them and wish I was that narcissistic

Morrissey's most popular songs
(You could replace Satellite of Love with like November Spawned A Monster it has 960 thousand plays)

The Smiths most popular songs.

Obviously The Smiths are more norm because of movies like 500 Days Of Summer, Pretty In Pink and The Perks Of Being A Wallflower

its just a meme to generalize people that don't have difficultly in a social life

>1. do you have anxiety
Yes I have social anxiety. Not as bad as it used to be but I still can't approach strangers confidently and start a conversation yet.
>2. any self-imposed isolation going on ?
Yeah I tend to be alone a lot. Even when I'm with my friends I will be the guy in the corner no one talks to. I occasionally throw in random comments just so I don't seem so weird.
>3. do you have any expectations when you're with your real-life friends?
I expect to not be talked to very much and eventually lose sight of them and start doing my own thing later in the night. That's what usually happens.
I've accepted it for now but I'm working on my body and my looks to have more confidence and to be able go up to random people and start a conversation with them. So far it's working but very slowly

Normies like the Smiths because they are a pop rock band. Their songs are standard pop songs, catchy tunes, nice chorus.

>No Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself
>No Now My Heart is Full

Triggered

This list is disgusting
>No Paint A Vulgar Picture
>No Girl Afraid
>No This Night Has Opened My Eyes

>melancholic beauty

you mean cringe-tier metal

>accessible music
>being sad as a fashion accessory
normies love both those things

no one gives a fuck what you deem to be "basic" kid
>>>/chart/
>>>/daily/

>No 'A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours'
Disgusting

"A Rush And A Push" has 2.6 million plays

That's ok then i guess

They were too far ahead of their time for 80s audiences to appreciate.

>Meat is Murder
>C+

I vomited