/Grimes General/

/Grimes General/

Discuss Grimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y4L-FrZJd8E
youtube.com/watch?v=k30KnPHMZHY
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/
forthebeat.com/blog/2010/09/interview-with-grimes/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Pope).
buro247.me/culture/music/interview-grimes.html
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4nmpi5/claire_speaking_russian/
youtube.com/watch?v=esNxm5HSNh4
twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/752481829299613696
clyp.it/wv4jbol1
clyp.it/fxxvvvzt
encyclopediadramatica.se/Mu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>lmao shutting down

get the fuck out out of here that's never happening

Mods = dogs

Stop deleting grimes generals.

As for you posters, post actual Grimes discussion. What prevalent theme do you think her next album will have?

>Lethe: ??????
>Geidi Primes: Dune and generic pop themes
>Halfaxa: Relationship issues
>Visions: Personal trauma and re-visitation to childhood
>Art Angels: Fuck the media, fuck the industry

Do you think my interpretations are accurate?

D I S C U S S

pleb shite

which one of those was the one she had to rush out again?

I've only listened to Art Angels but I think there's gonna be more of that in the next album, but maybe she starts making Loud Lord/Myrror/ anyone from the SWISHERBOYZ hard trap movement type bangers

Nope, Claire is Forever.

Visions is the one she rushed.

But you are correct with the "more Art Angels" thing. She's said that she's completely sick of making music that makes her sound like a victim, she's never going back to the themes she touched on in her old albums.

i feel like her next album won't come out for a while

Visions is pretty different to Art Angels. You may be surprised.

I mean, didn't Art Angels kind of just come out?

Flatbush Zombies had the same issue, with people saying they hadn't released anything for a year but they were just setting it up. It'll come when it is right.

other than that, umm
>Oh, I fear that no life will ever be like this again
>OHH I FEEEEEEEEAR THAT NOOOO LIFE WILL EVER BE LIKE THIS AAAGAAAAAIN

Lethe is the river of forgetfulness in Greek mythology, so maybe it has something to do with forgetting her past? Is that the confirmed title of her new album?

Grimes has some B-sides prepared. She said in an interview that she will probably release a deluxe edition of Art Angels.

Could you link me to some Grimes interviews?
I've seen the Nardwuar and the Stella McCartney, also the one tall ass guy interview, but am very interested in more, obviously

A couple of interviews:
youtube.com/watch?v=y4L-FrZJd8E
youtube.com/watch?v=k30KnPHMZHY

what about darkbloom?
also, I don't think halfaxa is accurate, probably because I generally don't understand the theme of this

>Is that the confirmed title of her new album?
No. It's just an early EP released on Myspace, pre-Geidi Primes. The first known music ever released by Grimes. Get it from here: reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4g84rl/grimes_downloads_various_rare_collaborations/

I'm my opinion Visions was fucking fantastic but Art Angels was just plain bad. How did she mess up so badly?

Art Angels is also fucking fantastic.

>How did she mess up so badly?
Maybe you just don't like pop. Anyone with a decent taste for pop would love that album.

I like pop as much as the next guy, but Art Angles can't compare to Visions

I think I've finally created a concoction that tastes exactly like how Grimes' pussy juices would taste.

5 cups of water
1 tablespoon of salt
1 tablespoon of vinegar
1 drop of honey
1/2 a packet of pink lemonade powder
3 tablespoons of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of garlic
1 tablespoon of onion powder
A squirt of Febreeze air freshener (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a large pot and bring it to a boil. Pour it in a large pitcher and put it in the fridge to cool. Wait 45 minutes, then take out and enjoy.

In what way? The melodies are even stronger, the singing is better, the production is improved. What's not to like?

Halfaxa is about medieval mysticism:

>I guess that sounds weird but Halfaxa is sort of my ‘medieval’ album. I wanted to attempt to evoke the feeling of believing in God in a very Medieval Christian way. I wanted to capture the beauty of being in a beautiful cathedral and hearing reverbed (naturally), devotional, vocal music and really believing in heaven and hell, and that the art that you are experiencing (visually, architecturally, sonically etc) is related to a higher platonic, metaphysical space, or comes directly from it through the medium of the artistic prophet. Hildegard von Bingen is my idol right now, and I feel like she would be a good example of someone through whome God spoke and beautiful music was made via her body by a divine being (or so she claims, and I’d like to believe). I feel like art in the middle ages was always addressing something beyond earthly experience, and I want to do the same. But I wanted it to be vague as to what it is beyond earthly experience that is being addressed. And I wanted the music to feel really good addictive. I love music that is very smooth to the ears, and has lots of low frequencies as I find high frequencies very grating.
forthebeat.com/blog/2010/09/interview-with-grimes/

or you could, you know, not see her as a sexual object

She's never going to top Realiti (album version).

Don't be so sure. People also said she will never top Oblivion & Genesis.

jesus christ, what the fuck is wrong with you?

This had better be fucking bait.

I mean, if you're concocting something to taste like a specific person's vaginal fluids, the hook is in there somewhere

shit I posted some things on the deleted thread and now I can't see what you thought about them
did anyone care about his brother playing guitar hero?
did anyone care about that interview when she sayd she can be a bit off an asshole sometimes?

she posted this and then deleted it
is it because of the che guevara

how do you feel when posting memes? how do you feel? I mean... deep down, deep down... how do you feel?

Keep the discussion music related. Post bullshit in your own thread.

She is a leaf you know

what does that mean

Report this. I don't know why mods haven't banned it yet.

I hate grimes you all have shit taste >:^)

Why, you stupid fuck? You should be banned for false reporting (read the rules). If you hate an artist that it's no good reason to try to close legit threads. Got it, motherfucker?

>Submitting false reports will result in a ban.

She's Canadian

ah, but what does that have to do with my original post?

She decided to post it to her blog instead.

It explains why she sympathizes for Che

but why does being canadian has anything to do with that? sorry for my ignorance

the production on visions is too metallic. Its headache inducing

>It explains why she sympathizes for Che
She didn't mention anything about Che Guevara (which is the nickname of this producer: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Che_Pope). The point was that Lauryn Hill produced her debut album. Claire is happy if there are more female producers.

That's weird: I find it very easy to listen. No headache ever.

unrelated, but she said that she always liked the idea of communism on a russian interview

idk why it is for me lol. Ive sat thru autechre albums that are more easy to listen to

Source?

my bad, she said
>And in general, I have always been interested in the idea of communism.

buro247.me/culture/music/interview-grimes.html

bonus clips because why not
reddit.com/r/Grimes/comments/4nmpi5/claire_speaking_russian/
youtube.com/watch?v=esNxm5HSNh4

>dubbing
christ i fucking hate the germans

wtf i hate grimes now

Cuck meme
Nice quads, also her yearbook quote was attributed to Stalin so

>her yearbook quote was attributed to Stalin so
that was clearly a joke

That's like acting retarded and then claiming you were just pretending to be retarded

Literally nothing wrong with communism. Grimes is genius.

Even James Bond likes Grimes!??

Stop taking life so seriously mate. What are you, Stalin?

Really? Confield is more headache inducing than all 4 Grimes albums put together.

Tomorrow you'll love her again.

Communism would be ideal if people would be ideal. But people being greedy assholes, this will never work. Capitalism is a smaller compromise to drive the society forward.

So yeah, communism is a pretty good idea applied badly.

that's conformism

user needs to hurry up and smash her stupid face with that hammer
maybe it'll be an improvement who knows

Ideas so good they're mandatory, and if you don't follow them, it's off to the gulag with you

WE'RE WORKING ON IT

maybe he'll stop if he sees someone knows what he's planning

Pretty amazing how you can be completely retarded and still make some pretty cool music. She's like a female Kanye.

First of all, that was a meme, and even hammer guy saw the light in the end.

Stop wasting time and energy hating people who don't harm you or others in any way. Trust me user - your life will be better for it.

People are what the culture cultivates in them. Take Cuba for example or a tribe in the rainforest and you will see that their ideals and values are completely diferent.

i would die of laughter if jamesposting actually got him to come to one of these threads

he's such a delicate little faeri that he'd probably faint on the spot reading some of these posts.

She seems pretty smart to me.

I just started listining to Grimes and have only listened to Visions so far. After 2 listens I think Genesis is my favorite.

Any other Grimes song's that are very similar?

no, grimes is an eyesore and a violation of my olfactive safe space with her foul ass
she should be banished under a bridge with the rest of the trolls

Aight mate. Keep trolling yourself. Not like there is anything better to do, amirite?

Check out Darkbloom. Crystal Ball especially.

Congrats on at least realizing that it's trolls and not goblins that live under bridges...

>a patronizing neet judging one of the best artists of the decade
Grimes is way smarter than you. She studied neuroscience and Russian literature, learned all about music making by herself, read a lot of books.

She also has more money than you'll ever have and she's more loved that you'll ever be in your pathetic and useless life. I'm afraid that you're completely retarded.

i love u grimes

Oblivion, of course. Others: Crystall Ball, Vanessa, Weregild. Maybe even REALiTi.

does anyone have trouble remembering genesis?
I can remember the melody from oblivion with no problem but I always have to listen to genesis again to remember it, and they're both so similar

twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/752481829299613696

Yeah, they're pretty similar, especially the rhythm. Try to remember these parts of Genesis: the intro, the bouncy beat, that piano motif, the chorus, the main synth melody. Or at very least what she's singing. I could remember the whole song from memory at this point.

To not confuse them, keep in mind that Oblivion has a steadier and slower beat while Genesis has a bouncy beat and it's a little faster. The Oblivion bassline seems fuzzier and ever-changing.

Genesis: clyp.it/wv4jbol1
Oblivion: clyp.it/fxxvvvzt

Grimes is the Sup Forumstant equivalent of weeaboos. Both have a pre-occupation with something that is utterly unattainable (the desire to lay with Grimes or the desire to make love to fictional characters). Both will never achieve anything of value and are doomed to live with their parents.

I'll try user, though it's definitely something strange, I didn't remember genesis at all til I played your audio, I almost forgot it again for a second now

Did you speak from your own experience?

If you remember exactly the way she sings
>My heart will never feel
>Will never see
>Will never know
and that beat + that piano line (repeated a lot, esp. at the end), you could remember the whole thing. Give it some more listens, it worked for me.

I have superior observation skills from years of experience. You wouldn't hope to understand, given your limited intellect.

>years of experience
Ah, you mean years of shitposting on Sup Forums. You're just a pretentious faggot, nothing more. I think you used to be quite popular some years ago, now you're just a shadow of former self. A rotten apple.

I was right:
CLT - A pretentious tripfag who believes taking a high school music theory class places him above all other posters.

encyclopediadramatica.se/Mu/

Just a delusional egomaniac with a music taste carefully assembled to impress the noobs. You have shit taste, pal. Go away, no one needs your shit.

>shadow of former self
Perhaps you should refine your knowledge of the English language before you even make an attempt at banter.

Yeah, you're real cool...

Taste? What knowledge do you even possess of my "taste"? Are we so myopic that we classify music based on our own subjective opinions? Music can be objectively broken down into superior and inferior forms of audio. The right equipment can prove as much.

Weak. Just because I forgot a "your" doesn't make my message less valid. Only weak people with zero arguments judge the form not the substance.

>Only weak people with zero arguments judge the form not the substance.
Ironic, considering you resort to ad hominems to attack your opponent.

>Music can be objectively broken down into superior and inferior forms of audio.
You're retarded if you believe that. All sounds are equal in the universe. There's no better or worse sounds. This is a basic thing, imbecile. Learn some physics and then we're talking.

That's my style. Deal with it.

Nobody cares man. Take your "searing intellect" somewhere else.

>There's no better or worse sounds. This is a basic thing, imbecile.
Do you deign such ignorance? Go compare the sinusoidals generated when you listen to John Cage's 4'33 to something as pedestrian as The entirety of Pet Sounds.

>"searing intellect"
This dude is an incredibly delusional NEET.

MANDEM LOVE THEM GRIME TUNES FA..

Oh, something else, sorry lads.

>4'33
Anyone knows what's the deal with that "piece". I'd rather listen to 4'33 on repeat all day long than to hear your "searing intellect" saying so much bullshit.

Look pal, if you don't like Grimes, I kindly invite you to fuck off.

>Look pal, if you don't like Grimes, I kindly invite you to fuck off.
The rub here is that I do enjoy Grimes and her music. Her persona is equally delightful. However, I do not approve of her fanbase.