/noise/

HEY, IT'S THE NOISE GENERAL !

Other urls found in this thread:

chaoticnoiseproductions.bandcamp.com/album/suppression-rats-in-the-control-room-cassette
soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/untitled11a
soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/gothic-abbreviation
ourexitbag.bandcamp.com
archive.org/details/01Part1_201607
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wow who gives a shit

everyone does

I don't

I really like the noise ur mom makes wen I fuk

noise is stupid

noise is a meme

How do you tell the difference between good noise and bad noise?

You can't you stupid poseurs!

Can't stop listening to this, probably one of my favorites from him.

anyone know of any other PE that uses a live bass? I think that's what's used in some tracks of the first Caucasian Colony tape and it almost sounds like sludge noise

Someone explain to me the difference between noise and power electronics.

And don't say "Power electronics originated from industrial circles". I don't care about the history I care about the sound.

i think PE is (slightly) more structured than noise and it usually has some form of vocals

same

think of noise more as a "movement" rather than a strict genre. The movement of course which introduces the idea that any sound can be music.

this is about as right as it can be. power electronics is a lot more like actual songs than straight noise would be.

seconding this.looking for more inspiration. Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but it's noise/PE with live bass

chaoticnoiseproductions.bandcamp.com/album/suppression-rats-in-the-control-room-cassette

>think of noise more as a "movement" rather than a strict genre
is there a time limit on "movements"? Usually a movement you hear about doesn't last much longer than 5-10 years, but noise has been around far longer

Anyone else enjoy the new Damien Dubrovnik LP from last year?

Sure, but when people think of a genre, they think of a conglomeration of stylistic tropes. What the term "noise" means to me is the introduction of the idea that any noise can be musical, sort of like an axiomatic statement or proposition on the boundaries of music itself.

soundcloud.com/myneighborsatan1/untitled11a

>harsh noise

New track I made, some feedback would be appreciated.

>feedback

me

how much do you know about futurism?

To put it simply, PE is synth with vocals on top. Noise to me is an umbrella term.

Not a fan of the vocals and the transition from the vocals into the rest of the track is a little clunky. Some interesting stuff but also would have liked to hear some spots fleshed out more, especially around the 1:24 mark and 1:40 marks. Feels a bit rushed.

admittedly not a whole lot
i need to read more noise lit 2bh, The Art of Noises essays were pretty interesting

On the subject of literature, does anybody have any recs for books on Musique Concrete?

Luigi Russollo's manifesto is pretty good. It's very short and is basically just crazy rambling. Still a good read though.

Yeah I actually got a PDF of that from my avant-garde film professor last semester. Good stuff

We AOTY now

Dissapointing release for me personally

Its not always just synth though

how do you guys feel about the way that noise music is made? is there an elitism between people who make noise through analogue means as opposed to those who use just a daw?

I make ethereal power electronics with organic textural emphasis on the electronics and additional accoustic instrumentation.

soundcloud.com/ourexitbag/gothic-abbreviation

Yes there is, that's why everyone hates Breakdancing Ronald Reagan A.K.A. Johnathan Cash of Austin, Texas.

everyone hates BRR because he's a twat

I would assume so considering DAW's go against the idea of manipulating the raw sound. Personally if the end product is good than I couldn't care less

the sound design in this is insane, how do you even do this? Is this mostly sampling or what?

if your noise is musical then it's not noise

that's a good wisdom
haven't gotten around to it but I feel the whole "play both discs at the same time" thing is going to be a deterrent in the long run. Ooc, how does it sound to you to listen to it separately?

if your music is noisy then it's not music

>Ooc, how does it sound to you to listen to it separately?
Fucking great

It's all hardware. I hardly ever sample anything.

Nice dude. Do you have a favorite instrument you like to use especially?

love them. i love anything from posh isolation

The synth gets the most use and I'm partial to it probably in part because of all the time I've spent researching the components to assemble it along with the modules I've built myself but if you're talking accoustic it's either the accordion or one of any percussion instruments I've made from spare metal and pans.

>is there an elitism between people who make noise through analogue means as opposed to those who use just a daw?
there shouldn't be but there is to a small degree

Dude you made your own keyboard? Please tell me you have a bandcamp, I'd love to have a complete album of this

Why would you not use a DAW? Mix and master the sounds and make it sound better.

ourexitbag.bandcamp.com
I don't have any albums up from my current project but the album I'm working on should be out by the end of the year. I have a few up under my previous names that are in a similar vein but more freeform and less musical. If you have a Facebook, I announce most releases on my facebook page which is linked on my soundcloud

Oh wow Thanks cool

Fuck off

everyone please report this guy

I agree that there useful, I just feel it takes away from the idea that you're just generating the noise instead of crafting the noise through analogue. Like I said I couldn't care less whichever method is used and they can both be used to make phenomenal music

No he's right I'm inauthentic and he's genuine I should just go

Fuck that guy, keep doing noise and posting your shit. Too much bullshit elitism in these threads.

This is true for pure harsh noise, but personally I find it more interesting when noise is mixed with other genres or has some semblance of musicality.

Maybe I'm just a pleb

I have not listened to them at the same time, only separately. Still sounds cool. How would someone listen to both simultaneously? I really want to but I'm not sure how

play one album in your music player while you play the other one in your video player.

This is wrong though

bump

If you dont have at least 2 real DOD deathmetal pedal, you aint noise.

this desu

i make ambient with noise for texture and it's like a poor man's Tim Hecker, but I wouldn't call it noise, just a fuzzy texture

fucking. checked.

You guys should check out Arvo Zylo's radio broadcasts. He did one today that's got a lot of good shit
archive.org/details/01Part1_201607

Edward James Olmos should be sampled and destroyed

>should be

brighter death now but It's death industrial