clyp.it/0fik1q01
clyp.it/zzjyisnf
clyp.it/jeqnyxno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no op copypasta
>no lunga
>no replies
nice thread op

best free vst for programming blast beats?

OP's asshole

nah, it's to fast and fat, I'm not Magrudergrind

If you can do it better than do it ;^)

if you cant do it at all then dont you fucking sperglord

Hi everyone!
Are MIDI -> USB cables from aliexpress any good?
>inb4 Sup Forumscsg/

hi bmanon i'm the guy from last thread
i use addictive drums 2 and i like it
i don't remember if you use a daw

Sup Forums is terrible for questions like that
Those things suck, I have one.

Just get a decent enough audio interface, and it will probably have midi sockets built in. Two birds, one good stone.

>addictive drums 2

I think someone reced this to me on the discord prod chat, but it's a pretty penny for me atm.

Thank youuu~

You can still torrent a crack like i did

I honestly stopped pirating everything a few years ago, especially with music. I'm not slamming anyone who does but I almost look at it like I limit myself to what I've paid for and that forces me to learn how to make one thing sound great. Recording into a tape recorder from a synth and back into my interface instead of paying $200 for a vst that makes it sound cracky

I never got into buying software because I've been able to buy the real deal for VST prices. Hell, I even got my reel2reel for $40.

i understand that dude

took a look at youtube.com/watch?v=MPmkd0fgiLU
i don't really like the sound of the drums unless you go for a mechanical sound
if you want the drums to sound more human try what i've said before ( except for the little errors but that's not too bad )
also try to put some EQ and some effects ( not too much ) on it

also watch videos about drum programming

Alternatively give up everything and just do extreme metal with NES sounds

clyp.it/0fik1q01

saw someone post a reverb link in the last thread and i have a question. how well do synthesizers hold up? is it safe to buy used ones? i was looking into buying a novation bass station or minibrute and i see that there's a ton of tused ones for half the price of new ones on reverb

>tfw finding an old track whom project files you've lost and you have no idea of how you made these sounds
>tfw you don't even know if it's the right use of whom
both are pretty bad feels t b h

>how well do synthesizers hold up?
Very well, depends on who made it though.
> is it safe to buy used ones?
totally. Especially the ones you mentioned.

When I think of unreliable synths, I think of the EDP wasp or anything with j-wire keyboards

I can tell you that you used whom wrong

damn...

(thanks though is it just which then? )

This is what I use currently with the dm kit. I just wish they had a way to make each beat sound a little different from one another is all. I'm thinking making the kicks, symbols, and mid drums three seperate tracks so I can apply different effects to each set to make them feel a little more right, and also change where each one is panned as if I were using a drum mic set.

Feel you there, I'm not a corperate captain as far as cash but I atleast prefer physical stuff over digital. My demos up to last fall were all vst and honestly only sounded ok, I dropped some cash on a PDMIC78 to hold me over until I can get a 57 and I'm getting my small 15w spider iv to sound alright. But I would rather save up the cash for a new amp and probably guitar instead of finding a better vst to use for bm than podfarm just because it came with my second interface.

whose

Oh right
Thanks lad

>each beat sound a little different from one another is all.
Can't you just modify the velocity of each ?

> I'm thinking making the kicks, symbols, and mid drums three seperate tracks so I can apply different effects to each set to make them feel a little more right, and also change where each one is panned as if I were using a drum mic set.

A good idea if not to hard to set up

I can try to change the velocity again but I think it kind of changes the sound for all notes in the instrument together,

damn
well i've no ideas and i'm going to sleep
good luck

thankyou though, goodnight sir/lady

lay lunga to rest.

but it really does need the pasta

They'll work for 99% of things out there

they are fine if you get the right ones, just make sure the one you get has a mono midi option too otherwise you are just wasting money

You mean the cable or Sup Forums?
If I wanted hi-fi speaker advice, Sup Forums would be fine, but horn loaded is a retard.

Pro audio? Never go there.

If you mean the cable, I have the exact one and it's garbage.

the cable

I have the same cable and it works "fine" for most aplications

bro-tip: there is a custom driver programmed by some nerd that greatly improves the cable's performance/timing/jitter/whatevs. But even before I installed it, it literally worked fine for most applications. I had it hooked to an ancient keyboard and synth and ableton never had a problem with it. the only time I encountered problems was when I was trying to do a sysex dump on an old synth

tl;dr: quit your faggotry 90% of the times it works every time

Settle down. It's not like your grandma made the thing for you, so you don't need to defend its honor. I found the latency made it unplayable by USB keyboard and sequencing was also out of time with everything else.

So quit your faggotry when people don't like what you like.

> implying you don't have to troubleshoot and reinstall drivers and asio shit 80% of the time you start up your daw or plug/unplug a device or interface

well then that wasn't my experience, my latency was pretty fucking good, how many samples was your soundcard set to? did you connect into a USB hub full of other devices plugged into it?

ummm no?....

I make experimental beats and mostly use analog sounding drum packs and synths. I'm getting kind of bored and feel like I don't have a lot of control over these samples.
I want to transition into using real synthesizers, drum machines, and samplers then record them onto a reel to reel recorder.
I'm planning on buying the Moog Mother-32 and Korg MS-20 as my first synthesizers. But I'm lost on what samplers and drum machines I should get. I'm also confused on where to even start on recording these instruments. I have an audio interface to record them into my computer, but I'm unsure if this is the best way to record my instruments.

watch out guys, we've got mister "shit works" over here

It don't matta
None a this mattas

watch out, we got a "I don't know to shit works therefore it's shit" dude over here

An audio interface will be fine. Digital audio really only sucked in the 80s and 90s. Try playing around with those synths to create percussive sounds you like, and make your own samples that way.

Real analog drum machines are spendy, so I ended up on a Roland TR-8, it does what I need it to while having sounds I can play with live.

it's not that I don't know, it's problems with my computer and determining which drivers it chooses to use each time I start up and usb ports that your mums vibrator across the world will cause to unplug which is why I've had to redo a lot of midi shit

that probably is your USB ports' shitty drivers, a shitty motherboard, shitty DAW's MIDI sync settings, etc etc

Because I've been running that chinese no-name brand cable out of my ancient computer for years with no problems whatsoever. that is on top of running another 2 synths through USB

ever thought of that big guy?

I like how this guy is still acting smug over his cheap cable.

I've got a rig that I built about five years ago for around $500 that can play most games at max except mid res and that's all I cared about because before that I was dealing with a game like wow at 4 frames, so I put up with a rig where I needed my audio interfaces plugged in at all times to even have sound because the aux outputs don't work at all and it's even missing a case screw and bleh, I make it work though, I've recorded two demos and am writing for a full length and the little freckles are just two seconds of restarting my daw at this point.

I'm not that guy, I have a podstudio ux2 and a lexicon alpha, I don't need to meet 2/5th of the way with a usb cable

(fuck me, I thought that was a 1/4 inch/mic extension to usb cable)

>guitarists

. . .well I play bass and a little piano to. . . my only midi controller is usb (which my drivers like to decide when my asio driver will work with or decide to stop working and I need to unplug an interface and

The mother 32 and ms20 use different voltage scalings btw. The m32 is v/oct (pretty sure this is fairly common) and the ms20 uses hz/v(pretty sure only korg and some 70s yamaha use this).

I finally did it lads. After about a year of trying I have made a good song that I'm not gonna delete. Feels good.

share it

The harvestman came out with a module called the English tear that converts between them. A lot of midi>CV does both too. I know the beatstep pro does both

Thanks for the advice, looking into the TR-8 and it's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for.

>lay lunga to rest
what is wrong with you

i really really really like this lunga

>tfw I created lungaposting and now I can't remember where I found the picture originally

I feel like this Lunga would induce
migraines if you were wearing those old school 3D glasses

just tried
it didn't
looks trippy as shit though

why the fuck is using usb with midi stuff such a bitch
sometimes my controller will spastically disconnect and reconnect at such a rate my fucking $1300, year old laptop crashes

the fuck is that shit

Because I got a korg microkey 37 for like $30 when they were going for $85ish

read that shit wrong, it's fucking drivers don't like more than one of those cables plugged in at a time and shit, fuck the pussy!

my oxygen 49 has downs

But what synths actually use it?

As mentioned, old Yammies and Korgs
If you manage to get your hands on an MS-50, you should probably have that module. If you have the ms-20 mini, just play the keys or use a linear sequencer.

>>tfw finding an old track whom project files you've lost and you have no idea of how you made these sounds

iktf2b

is sylenth1 actually a quality vst?

fuck that feel, mine is way worse
storytime:
>be wee lad
>watch Shyamalan's Signs
>get spooked because aliens
>have recurring nightmares that were actually pretty non spooky except there were ufos in the sky and nobody but me noticed
>ufos in this dream made a particular sound whenever I noticed them
>years later, get into /prod/ and sound design
>remember ufo sound
>try to recreate it
>never get it right
>as days go by, I keep the sound memories fade away, not unlike your lossy files when rotational velocidensity strikes
I know one day I'll forget it, and it's sad

that feel sucks bawls

clyp.it/zzjyisnf
how cringey smooth jazz/10?

clyp.it/jeqnyxno

nicestuff/10 buddy

very clean/10

i'm interested in experimenting with reel to reels, but i'm not really sure how to go about finding a good one. at least a 4 channel, if not 8 channel would be ideal