/daily/ - "no fish, not ever" edition

It's the 11th of April.

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, tell us what you've been listening to today and what you will listen to in the following month, conclude that Jangle's Thrift Tourney was a spook, listen to Swedish prog, shed a tear for Harambe and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>backup topsters when topsters inevitably shits the bed

topsters.net/
>working. we're so proud.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>for when you want to say dumb things but don't want them to be found in the archive

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>plug, but with emotes instead of avatars that crawled out of uncanny valley, aka the inferior plug

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>site with templates, OP covers, archive, & random stuff

Ask about our alleged Skype group. Nobody will tell you anything, but it's fun to try.

Most importantly, order your Even Oxen cassettes!

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

punchbowlrecords.com/store/p1/Even_Oxen_-_Arrayed_Above_the_Seraphim_Lights_//_Cassette_Tape.html
punchbowlrecords.com
topsters.net/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

firs for shid :DD

>Most importantly, order your Even Oxen cassettes!
liink?

third for Chief Keef - Almighty So

punchbowlrecords.com/store/p1/Even_Oxen_-_Arrayed_Above_the_Seraphim_Lights_//_Cassette_Tape.html

FISH IS ALIVE YOU FOOLS
he ordered a cassette
I'll beg him to come back to us
punchbowlrecords.com

Delete /daily/.
Ban /daily/ posters.

Post patrician albums

It reminded me of cheap, melting plastic--the kind that makes little clouds of white vapo-gas.

Dreyer.

What's the Skype group? :)

Also of course Fish is alive, he answers to my Rym pm's

message lightningrod14othernumbers to join!

>Loveless went from a 10 to a 6
>he didn't like Jacob's Ladder
can you please leave again

>he likes Loveless
>he likes Jacob's Ladder

loveless was a 10 two years ago. It's been a 6 on my rym for a long time.
jacob's ladder was mediocre as fucc most of the time.

Don't worry, I probably will disappear for the rest of the year after August.

>
Well it was nice and my ears are ringing. I guess that's it. And 8 years later VU.
Still prefer Fushitsusha and their tragic interpretations a bit more, a full 7 nonetheless.

Why is he gone? ;_;

I knew it.
No taste for really audacious music.

t. illiterate

i'm capable of enjoying this to some extent while most people are not, are far from it in fact
so it must take a lot to appreciate
so it must be patrician
so i'm better
you're worse

Because some user insulted his taste if I recall right

Oh boi that's awful

阿部薫 – Winter 1972 (1st impressions)
I’m not an objective reviewer, so giving this album more than a 5 would be disingenuous, as I never intend to listen to it again. While I see the merit in solo instrumental improvisation (I’m a sucker for keys and string) I find the solo saxophone to almost always be lacking the qualities that make music enjoyable to me.
Still, this piece is captivating and contains many interesting musical ideas, and seems a little more crafted than the disjointed noodling that appears on the surface.
It’s almost bothersome that this level of talent would choose to make a standalone statement; like a teammate who never passes the ball, they may be good but there’s a sense of unity missing.
As far as solo improvisational saxophone goes, this is top notch. Unfortunately, i find it neither captivating nor interesting enough to listen to ever again.
Recommended for fans of Braxton’s solo work.

“am i patrician yet”
5.0 /10

We both know it doesn't work like that.

audacious? It's either shitty prog pop or not nearly developed ""experimental"" music. The chaos in the Wright segment is nice, the rest is pretty worthless, including the third part, which if developed could be my type of thing. The first Waters track is terrible and the second one is the only point in the album I could care for what was playing. Gilmour's stuff is boring prog and Mason can't carry a track with his drumming.

tell me why you like it though

what is?

if you're satisfied relying on a gut feeling, perhaps

You're the one who refuses to apply any critical thought to your entertainment and listening to whatever you can get a tiny shred of enjoyment out of so I'd say the opposite is the case.

>Loveless gets a 6
pleb
>Stalker gets a 10
ok you've redeemed yourself

>topsters.net/
>working. we're so proud.
it's broken again

I'm a big Pink Floyd fanboy so my opinions may be a bit biased, but I find Ummagumma's studio album to be one of the most bold expression of free directions in music that could be taken during the 60s. I mean, they were a completely different band two years before and they almost subverged their own sound (in a large nonsense, some may say). What really makes it for me is how you can clearly observe where the various ideas that together constituted PF's music like they were separate tracks on a mix. It's a retrospective of a band's sound while remembering they are already something else. I find that very intriguing

everything is

we both know you're at least as clueless about music as i am

Reminder that I made a list that features all of my rym friends and they respective favourite album.

If you want to be added just add me as a friend and pm me the name of the album

>if you're satisfied relying on a gut feeling, perhaps
>listening to whatever you can get a tiny shred of enjoyment out of so I'd say the opposite is the case.

>enjoyment is not the point of listening to music
explain yourselves

The point of listening to music is to suffer just to be a poser and a cool kid

Why listen to music for "fun" when you could instead focus on developing an internet personality and a RYM curve that accurately reflects the trends of RYM's upper echelons?

Please tell me none of you unironically enjoy Egyptian Shumba.

he's memein' and idrk what i meant by that actually but i know i was referring more to what it would have to mean for something/one to be patrish, instead of music appreciation

fact of the matter is i never think anything through

I am listening to Nasty Manga Granpa.

I am clueless, yes. I always have been and I intend to keep it that way. My time isn't worthless to me though, which is why I don't spend it listening to music I don't understand and barely like. Sure, I can get some enjoyment out of Loveless, and most other albums/artists I like to shit on, maybe even that Attack Attack album you posted (not Snuff Jazz though, nerdass yamir) but there are countless things I'd much rather do. So no, I don't think just because you enjoy something just a tiny bit you're better than the people who don't like it at all (or who you think don't like it at all in this sense). All that tells me is that you have nothing better to do and that your standards for what qualifies as time well spent is seriously low.

if you want more complex classical influenced stuff, the span from Days Have Go By to FFV is in that vein, The Great Santa Barbara Oil Slick as well. everything before Days is more blues influenced. he didn't do much of note till the 90s, and if you want batshit experimental stuff listen to this output from then.

*are seriously low
English is really hard you guys.

I'M a big Pink Floyd fanboy and I find Ummagumma to be probably their weakest output of that era.
It was a neat concept (a side for each member) but other than Furry Animals and Granchester Meadows, there isn't much to salvage off that album.
I'm very used to the overblown pretentious faffing about of psychedelic music from this time period but even for me this was too much.
There didn't seem to be any central idea, or theme around anything. Especially Gilmour who literally said he had no idea what he was doing when he went into the studio and just puttered around for a bit.
And god I love Rick Wright but Sysyphus is godawful imo. He always had a delicate touch and drew from classical and cool jazz, the ridiculous bombastic free jazz style is not his speed.
To me there was just none of that key interplay between the band members that made albums like AHM and Saucerful so good.

SHIMMY SHIMMY SHIMMY SHYY-YIM-MEECEEDEEECE

>your standards for what qualifies as time well spent are seriously low.
i'm feeling unfulfilled a lot of the time so that's probably not the case

AAH! GAH! AHH! EGYPTIAN SHUMBA!

>Ween - Pure Guava
This was just dumb and unfunny. There are definitely a few good songs in here and some really nice moments, but that doesn't make up for the rest of the garbage. The weird voice changing that they do lost it's novelty extremely quick and detracted from a lot of the songs on top of how bad the song writing was. I almost felt like they were making fun of me for sitting through this. Don't Get 2 Close (2 My Fantasy) was fucking great though so idk. yellow circle/10

I'm intrigued

gimme ur top 3 mish

???

Just a note: Wright played that exact piano style on Saucerful of Secrets' title track, so I don't see how you can consider it bad. I find Sysyphus to be one of the most interesting composition of his' at all. On the other hand, I really never appreciated Waters' side. Sure, Furry Animals is great and fun, but Grandchester Meadows foreshadows that ballad vein they would perfect later and I seem to like more in cases like If or A Pillow of Winds. And I never thought of it as that much pretentious: they were almost obliged to include a live album because they were sure people would have not bought a single album like that one. There had to be a hook.
And Gilmour's lines on The Narrow Way are scary as hell. The only thing I really complain about that album is Mason's work but I definitively can see that he was a digging a lot of Stockhausen in that period and that's what he could get out of it.

CURRENT RANKINGS:
1st ORANGE IGUANAS - 53/75 (Fully safe, 50% chance of winning prize)
2nd FAGGOTS - 52/75 (50% chance of being safe, 50% chance of losing 1 player)
3rd EASTERN BLOC - 47/75 (50% chance of losing 1 player, 50% chance of losing 2 players)

TBD: TRASH

true, on saucerful he does let loose.
Idk but I don't find Sysyphus good at all. There wasn't any progression or real growth throughout any of the parts. It just sort of sounded like a Pink Floyd instrumental jam that should have been left on the cutting room floor.
Same sentiments go for Mason's side except his was at least a little more interesting with all the empty space and electronic effects.
I like Granchester Meadows cause yeah, like you said, it had that nice psych folk ballad feel that they kind of dropped after meddle. It felt like a longer Cirrus Minor, and the birds were nice.
I'll agree that Gilmour definitely had something going with Narrow Way Part 3, but the first two parts are just aimless jams on some riffs with nothing of consequence really happening in between

This is just another pathetic attempt by the conservative right to discredit communism in my opinion.

(obligatory)

BLOC ON THE CHOPPING BLOC

Nasty Manga Grandpa - Watashi Dake?
One wacky little Japan dude summons the dissonance and atmosphere of This Heat using only his voice and guitar.
The songs fly by so fast that you're seldom left bored - as soon as an idea is exhausted he is on to the next one (the notable exception is the last track, which moves considerably faster or slower depending on how you look at it). Excellent pacing and definitely worthy of further listens.
7.0 /10

CLUTCHING THIS TODAY
NEW CHART SOON

Acid, my sharp delta friend, is a powerful drug and not always will bring sudden illumination. That's what I think of The Narrow Way. It's kind of an interior journey where one tries desperately to find peace in a world of chaos. I thinks it acts as a perfect counterpart to Sysyphus, in a way. I don't know really, I'm so much spellbound by every shit PF. authorizedly or not, released on vinyl before The Wall that I would defend every single one of them as they were my sons.

The bourgeois will never triumph.

we really out here

why y'all talking so much about lounge music?

haha take that communism

just curious, if we get third, how do we decide who gets cut between me and letov?

should do a coin toss desu

gfr records himself tossing a tossing a coin and posts it as proof that it was a fair toss

"Rigged."

-Ruggles or Letov, July 2016

>top 5 most innovative band of all rock music
>lounge

we're comrades but you're shitting on my heart

ORANGE IGUANAS RULE

>gfr records himself tossing a tossing a coin and posts it as proof that it was a fair toss
There's no way he could record more than one take, right?
:^)

i guess you'll both pick an album from my wantlist and whichever one i like more moves on.

do you like the two albums in the SAME way?

Or the team in 1st place could vote on who gets eliminated

>if the cover art is ugly it's patrician

Well, does it truly have to be the one with the lowest score? Why not decide based on potential or stuff like that. Maybe do a strawpoll

this would actually be more interesting
ya'll should do a survivor style thing and 'vote people off the island'
and if everyone gets equal votes thats when the lowest score loser leaves

this is genius and very evil

if y'all do this you're gonna break some poor /dailien/'s heart

no, that's why it's hard to judge it.
nah that's too much power.

would everyone be interested in doing this?
keep in mind, my backlog is really big, and i'm looking for any excuse to help clear it out.

have the team vote who should be eliminated, survivor style

I think another album rec would prolong the game a little too much (and what if those are equal rating too?) but it's your tourney so you can do whatever.
Elimination voting would be hilarious though.

See if the team finds someone who leaves
If not let them do a duel

yes votes, deciding with albums is not fun and makes the tourney unnecessarily longer

Just livestream a coin flip or something. This general has enough drama without literal popularity contests.

yeah i'm not liking the popularity aspect of it. i might just do this.

All the members on the losing team have to take a picture of themselves wearing a dress, the public gives grades to the pictures, the person with the lowest average has to leave. It's a perfect opportunity to temporarily call yourself Good Friend RuPaul.

Just roll on Sup Forums
Even vs uneven post number

i guess i can make it vary from round to round.
like "first person to post a timestamped picture of you and a water bottle full of piss moves on".

Also vocaroo singing contests would be pretty good

ooooo
i like that idea.

yessss

Everyone has to cover Egyptian Shumba.

Dogwander is going to destroy us

How about a choice of:

>Egyptian Shumba
>The Anal Staircase
>Diana
>Mama Loi, Papa Loi
>Fabulous Muscles

i'll make the choice when and if there is a tie to break.

>Fabulous Muscles
>The Anal Staircase
now i wanna lose so i can show off my half decent jamie curtis and Jhonn Balance impressions

i'd be down for Diana as well

it should be a song off their rec
so that way you can hear letov singing in russian and me trying to imitate damo suzuki

this is a fantastic idea but what if the album is instrumental? do i have to imitate the sounds with my voice?

now you're making me want to rec albums that i want to sing in case i lose

yeah that would be slightly unfair. i'll pick a song relating to the theme when it comes time to do it.

eastern bloc boys singing the soviet national anthem would be pretty good

YES

DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER
if you guys are in a tiebreaker that's going through.

Chokebore - A Taste for Bitters / 5.5

Kind of tempted to rate this higher but I can't really justify it. For every great song there's one that I forget about as soon as the next track starts. Highlights were most of the straightforward songs.

Egaheer - Demo'93 & Demo'94 / 6.5

Super interesting noise-punk that showcases development and is just concise enough. Both versions of "Pamięć...Smutek...Cierń" are crazy good, not to mention Słowiański Sen. Really recommend this.

Heiner Goebbels & Alfred Harth - Goebbels Heart / 7.5

One of the most unique avant-garde jazz albums I've heard and definitely worthy of the best. A review on RYM says that Dagmar Krause narrated some of this, not sure if it's true but I can definitely make out her voice occasionally. I don't have much to go off of though since I've only heard Supply & Demand. German word sounded great and sincere, and the time was justified.

Ray Barretto - Acid / 6.5

Surprised to see a 2.60 out of 5 friends ratings for this one. I thought it was really enjoyable and memorable. Maybe it's the fact that that's the only thing the record has for itself. Pretty good latin jazz as far as I'm concerned.

The Avalanches - Wildflower / 6.0

Liked this more than SILY, it had a little less empty space. Disappointments were Frankie Sinatra, and everything between Livin' underwater to Stepkids.

Folk Music of the U.S.S.R. / 5.5

Big comp that attempted to fit as much as it could for archive purposes. Happens a lot with traditional music, sad that they don't fit listening sessions very well. OK listen.

better start practicing because you fags gonna lose B)

also who /cantsleep/

it's only for the tiebreaker tho