What is it about popular musicians aging that makes them think they should release a mediocre pointless album that only...

What is it about popular musicians aging that makes them think they should release a mediocre pointless album that only desperate dying radio and their already established core fanbase will hear every year instead of a good album every four or five years?

Because it sells just as many albums

i feel like musicians should get a life. if all you do is music ofc its gonna get boring and the fans are gonna yawn hard. pop is meta as fuck so they keep doing same thing over and over again until nobody wants to hear the same meme shit anymore

Well my friend if you have ever created anything. you would know that sometimes you get in a rut and can't come up with anything good.
fans want music and you're still signed to a label. better than nothing
what else would they do? go back working a shit job at mcdonalds.

t. guy whos not rich as fuck from music

if i wanted to get rich i´d just wear a fucking suit and do donald trump things. this is more like a badly aged hobby that is being raped to death by all things commercial. Just like doing drugs or partying. Even social life, babymaking and wealth is just a commercialized mindgame to get you buy the new Toyota or iWatch
cant even think of a feel without thinkin about all the jew shit build around the feel. You love you´re happy you coca cola etc

everybody says this shit but can't pull it off.
PC music can't even get pop artists to fuck with them. their last hope is charli xcx

Can't be a sellout if you have nothing of worth.

Sorry but did you just argue that the human species reproducing is a scam masterminded by Toyota and Apple?

>if i wanted to get rich
Why exactly do you not want to get rich?

>if i wanted to get rich i´d just

I feel like the answer to that is pretty obvious. People, their priorities and their interests change. Most established bands/artists who have been making music for a number of years probably don't have the same passion that they did when they were teenagers, but being a musician has become their job so they keep making music even if they don't care about it that much any more.

that's probably the most common reason.

I don't know ask John frusciante

So are bands actually aware that they're doing this?

Red Hot Chili Peppers for example seem like a band that actually legitimately believes that they're not awful. I don't know what the fuck goes on in Tweedy's brain

they are in a position to not give a shit what anyone thinks. I'm not crazy about everything tweedy releases but the wilco albums are at least a level of quality they know they have to tour it and sell tickets.

>wilco albums are at least a level of quality they know they have to tour it and sell tickets.

What a depressing life. When he was young he probably thought of himself as "alternative" and as an "artist." Now he's more of a soulless hollow shell than anyone who went into business or financing or whatever and just plays guitar or enjoys their hobby on the side. At list for them it's still fun and fueled by creativity.

no, you wish that were the case, but its a dream to be in these top level bands, the wilco loft is their own private recording facility and they stockpiled 100s of different guitars drums keyboards amps...

Yea Tweedy sure seems like a happy guy...

Money

I can't wait for idiots to pretend to like it. They haven't released anything good for 15 years It's fucking called Schmilco

>It's fucking called Schmilco
actually looked and it is called schmilco wtf

>Star Wars
>Schmilco

do they just not care or do they think they're being very funny and subversive?