How many of you Guys/Girls still buy music?

How many of you Guys/Girls still buy music?

Other urls found in this thread:

mybloodyvalentine.org/Musicdetail.aspx?rid=599&fid=20&brid=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I buy vinyl for the sake of meeting other people who collect vinyl and making friends

I buy vinyl and CD, and occasionally pay for digital downloads

even a five year old can draw stick figures. comics arent valid pro-piracy argument.

I do.

I buy vinyl, and sometimes if I really like a bandcamp artist I'll donate to them.

I buy alot but I also pirate alot

Vinyl but not much anymore because I wanted to focus on collecting comic books.

HAHA NERD!

It's just a joke, man.

pirated urmom lastnight

I do when I can, but recently I haven't had the money.

If you don't you're a cunt

why?

I do.

Maybe because you are not supporting the artist at all if you pirate music.

no

dis comic is airtight

>Maybe because you are not supporting the artist at all if you pirate music.

It really depends on the label. Pirating music might make you want to go to shows which tends to be a much better revenue source for many artists.

i buy CDs still

I don't at all. And not because I am le edgy IP doesn't exist pirate it all faggot. I don't because there is enough free music that there I don't need to buy anything.

I buy vinyl, bandcamp releases,and anything I can't find in 320kbps on Soulseek. That's about it

>pirating music is better than buying music! by stealing their music, i'm supporting the artist more than actually buying anything and sending some degree of money to them.

If I were born in an american big city i would buy tons of vinyls, in my country there is no culture about this

>star ratings on youtube
Lol wut?

Are you 12?

I buy physical copies as much as I can, and I only download illegally if I know I'm going to buy the CD later on

I only buy cds if I really like the album

>more people buy good music
>record companies see that there is a market for good music
>record companies give record deals to better bands

It's like Pirate-fags deliberately want their favourite musicians to rely on day-jobs, thus making the prospect of becoming a professional musician even less appealing to other potential musicians.

I have an Apple Music subscription and I buy stuff I really like on tape or cd or vinyl. I'll stream leaks but I feel bad and buy them later

you know what i WILL NOT pay for? fucking MBV. they want $16 for the digital album and won't sell it anywhere else. I'll listen to it on Youtube but that's it

mybloodyvalentine.org/Musicdetail.aspx?rid=599&fid=20&brid=5

These.
Vinyls on a shelf do make for nice makeshift paintings though.

i bought a digital copy of the new radiohead bc the download on slsk was taking too long.

oh man I'm so sorry I didn't know

I'd better go write an apology letter to Ian Curtis right now for pirating his music

I buy something physical every Friday and I'll usually pay for something on Band camp at least twice a month.
I used to pirate stuff, never got around to downloading a torrent user on my new computer.

I know you're trying to be inclusive but some people don't identify as either guy or girl, so it'd be nice if you could include non binary as well. even just something like guys/girls/people would be nice

sorry

I buy vinyl and occasionally cheap bandcamp albums but that's about it

I would buy music if I made more than $10.50 an hour

Most artists are not signed to a big label and making money. Being in a band is a bigger financial black hole than you can ever imagine if you haven't lived it. The cost of recording, editing, mixing, mastering, pressing, promoting, and shipping an album of professional quality quickly runs into five figures. We pay for our instruments, PA gear for rehearsal, computers, mics, lights, a vehicle for touring, gas, insurance, legal fees for registering copyrights etc., photography, videography, artwork for albums, the list never ends. Every one of those damn things costs hundreds or thousands of dollars.
Ever wonder how a small band scores an opening slot on a big tour? We pay for it. We buy our way onto the tour, to the tune of $10,000 plus expenses and hope we break even at the end.
Ever wonder how an up-and-coming act gets featured/reviewed in [insert popular magazine or blog here]? We pay a PR firm $1000-$4000 for a publicity campaign and they send our shit to all those publications, who won't accept it directly from us.
Every single thing you try to do in a band costs money. We're not trying to get rich, we're trying not to go so far into the red that we can't afford to make music anymore.
And most people REFUSE to buy the album for the cost of a six-pack.

how's middle school

or you could just viral the shit out of yourself. you might become a meme for a while but people will begin to recognize you.

>girls

>internet

maybe if your music wasn't so shit people would support you

Yeah, if I want to get my hands on some local stuff which would probably take a long while to appear on the internet. Dropping 5-10€ occasionally on stuff you like isn't much. I've been moving on more and more to digital because I rarely actually play the physical records/CDs/whatever, they just take space although also my collection does look pretty cool.

>artists make money from record labels
most incorrect thing posted today because it is objectively wrong

that shit was in my english book

wat

Vinyl and cassette other than that I pirate/stream cds are 4 nerds.

If I get an album free and I really like it then i'll go buy it on CD or Vinyl depending on availability.

It's supposed to lead you to going to their concert and buying their merch which is the *main* stream of their revenue as an artist. Ultimately they want you to hear whether you can buy or have to pirate