There is nothing that hasn't been done in rock that electronic music hasn't done better

There is nothing that hasn't been done in rock that electronic music hasn't done better.

>youliterallycannotprovemeincorrect.exe

You're right

shoegaze

>bunch of pasty white Brits playing indie rock staring at their shoes
>good

Pick one

electronic music only shines when it is mixed carefully with rock
elsewise it comes across as noise even less meaningful than noise

Find an electronic Loveless better than Loveless

Objectively true statement OP

People are gonna say velocity design comfort, but that album is pretty shitty t b h.

Loveless is shite though.

Try Joel Zimmerman.

I love it personally Sweet Trip is one of my favorite bands but it's no Loveless

this. I've heard a few electronic!albums that people call "the electronic loveless" but none have wowed me. The best one I've heard so far is Ulrich Schnauss - A Strangely Isolated Place.

The Beatles = Karlheiz Stockhausen
The Beach Boys = Kanye West
King Crimson = Autechre
Radiohead = Aphex Twin
My Bloody Valentine = Portishead

but that's shoegaze with electronic influences not the other way around

Electronic music only sounds good when mixed with other genres, otherwise it just sounds like meaningless bleeps and bloops.

>imagine having this shit taste

>Implying I didn't post the only reasonable answer here

Literal geniuses don't count, but I renege on my statement to be less of an absolute
Electronic music has to mix with the music of man to shine, otherwise it comes across as noise- the interaction of real instruments, themes, and electronic tools provides a far more interesting and complete sound than "electronic music" alone, and ignoring how much the songs hinge on orchestra, rock, or blues is fit for nothing but bait

I don't understand

>Progression and songwriting complexity.
Rock might pale in comparison to jazz, but compared to electronic chord progressions, it wins.
>Diversity
Rock has far more dramatic and different stylistic variation.
>intimacy
This is subjective, but rock probably has a more intimate, live and human feel.
>cool factor
At least until EDM grew world-wide, electronic fans were nerdy, reclusive weirdos. Rock had a hold on the cool factor for 40 years.

Innovative
Pop stars
Wankery
Aphex tribute band
Brits

>Rock might pale in comparison to jazz, but compared to electronic chord progressions, it wins
>what is IDM

>Rock has far more dramatic and different stylistic variation.
>excecpt electronic music ranges from musique concrete to hip hop, splittercore to dark ambient

>This is subjective, but rock probably has a more intimate, live and human feel.
>what is trip hop

>At least until EDM grew world-wide, electronic fans were nerdy, reclusive weirdos. Rock had a hold on the cool factor for 40 years.
>never watch Human Traffic

try again

EDM is fuccboi/nerd music, plain and simple. It only has a "cool factor" with weeaboo fags and people who drink one beer claiming they're "turnt".

>EDM has always been nerd music
confirmed to have never been to a decent club any time in the past 40 years

EDM != all dance music

Pic related is EDM

When did I say that? I said "is" meaning present tense. Are you really this fucking dense or are you trying to rile me up?

I gagged, can that sick filth

>other user refutes the claim that electronic fans in the past were 'nerdy, reclusive weirdos'
>you respond with shit claiming they are still essentially the same thing even though that's false
I don't see where you find me dense, here
I get the intention a bit but not all electronic music is alty

think of shoegaze as a technique rather than a genre. Sure it was used heavily for poppy alternative tunes to give them a different spin during the 90s, but since then it has been applied to other genres to very interesting effect. with this definition, then, proper shoegaze is impossible to make in the context of electronic music.

Not that I have a problem with electronic music, of course.

Oh ok, guess I was being the dense one, then. At least from the crowds I've personally seen, most have either been cringy nerds like this , or fuccbois who drink bud light.

The Doors

Your arguments are weak. Fuck the cool factor, it's irrelevant to the topic.
Songwriting talent & complexity matched with virtuosity, intimacy, and the human touch is where rock is at its best.
Take Steely Dan's Aja album for example - tremendous songwriting talent combined with songwriting complexity. Pair that with a group of musicians(most were hired guns desu) whose talent put 99% of electronic musicians to shame. Intelligently sarcastic lyrics provide an additional layer to the music that I don't think anyone could claim that "electronic music has done better".

Another great example.

nice try OP.

I'm not quite sure what direction "EDM" has gone since it hit popularity, but I felt it was a good idea to clarify that it hasn't always been that way
probably overstated it, anyway
>Select all images of Candy

>boring-ass dadrock

Try Kraftwerk or YMO

boards of canada & black moth super rainbow both did fuzzy textures better than MBV

Geogaddi, for me

>Your arguments are weak. Fuck the cool factor, it's irrelevant to the topic.
I didn't, go watch Human Traffic if you really think they were all nerds

>Songwriting talent & complexity matched with virtuosity, intimacy, and the human touch is where rock is at its best.
>Take Steely Dan's Aja album for example
> I don't think anyone could claim that "electronic music has done better".
Grimes, Kanye, Autechre....

Too easy.

1944: Electronic music starts
1960: Dub producers crossover academic to popular music
1975: YMO/Kraftwerk crossover rock and electronic music
1975: Hip hop plagarizes dub music and starts American reggae
1983: Electro producers crossover synthpop and funk
1984: House producers update disco with DJ remixes
1988: Aciiieeeeeeeeeed
1992: Top one, nice one, get sorted
1995: neckbeards make boring bloops for shut-ins
2002: Chavs make garage
2010: Vapormemes and other retarded internet microgenres
2010 - onwards: Kanye is god, Grimes the queen

>Grimes, Kanye, Autechre...
If that's your actual musical and/or songwriting talent comparison, I'm going to have to guess this is bait