Wow. The songwriting on this is extremely good. and everything is so progressive...

Wow. The songwriting on this is extremely good. and everything is so progressive. I used to think it was their worst album, but it's aging really well. I think I'm finding a new appreciation for it despite muddy production.
Thoughts?

i almost don't trust my own opinion on animal collective anymore because at this point i am so in love with them that they could put out an album which plays entirely in reverse (little bitof funny anco humor for us fans ;) ) and i would consider it a masterpiece, but yes, chz is v. nice

I loved it when it came out, then decided it had too many 'meh' tracks on it. I still love a lot of the tracks though. Moonjock, Today's Supernatural, Rosie Oh are a few favorites.

Man, you really want to like this, don't you? Be honest, you still think it's their worst album. Your whole post just screams, "I really want to like this," the same way songs like New Town Burnout and Amanita just scream how desperately they want to be good. Why can't you just accept that Animal Collective have passed their prime? It will free you up. You won't have to subject yourself to music that you obviously don't like, and it Animal Collective ever do put out another album that you find to be undeniably good, it will feel more special and profound for you. But yeah, your whole post just makes it really apparent that you don't like this album, you just really wish you did.

Pullhair Rubeye is really good, though, at least when it's reversed

It's funny when people literally can't comprehend someone liking what they don't like

>muddy production
Did you listen to the shitty mix or the official mix?

It's has nothing to do with whether I like it or not, it has to do with the fact that it's audibly clear that OP is lying, and not very well.

Not op, but i'm not sure, is there two versions out there?

I go back for Amanita all the time.

How so, Mr. Psychoanalyst?

Yeah, there is. The one that you get through torrents and links is usually the shit one. The production on the good one is a lot better, but still, like you said, a bit muddy. The shit one is missing a lot of sounds and stuff two

The easy way to tell them apart is that the good mix has the "this is the new centipede" and the countdown as the intro to Moonjock, the shitty one doesn't

Where can one find the good mix?

>The easy way to tell them apart is that the good mix has the "this is the new centipede" and the countdown as the intro to Moonjock, the shitty one doesn't
fuck, i assumed the shit mix was someone's shitty attempt at "fixing the album". how the fuck was it made?

I think it's a rip of an unfinished mix that someone leaked before release, but I'm not completely sure

I'm not sure, you'll just have to look around, or buy it

something about it reminds me of beach boys

i think the fanbase had a kneejerk reaction cuz it was so different from mpp (myself included) and now that it's...4 years later people are starting to appreciate it as another great work in the body of anco's discography

that gameboy is mint dam son

> tfw no more folk anco ever again

they'll be back, they will get old and become "natural" again. they're just passing through adult shit. I'm not saying chz or pw are bad though.

Objectively a 7.4, not even memeing

Applesauce is one of my favourite AnCo songs ever. There's some absolute bangers in Centipede Hz.

anco is a life long project they said

when they start getting older they will begin transitioning back to folk symbolizing the circle of life

panda said he wanted to go back to stripped down folk roots if they make an album again

i literally can't wait for more people to come around to centipede hz