So did we all stop talking about this after Fagtano panned it?

So did we all stop talking about this after Fagtano panned it?
Is it the hip hop AOTY?

nope, not even close

Don't get me wrong I don't think it's incredible or anything, but it's good.
What's your hip hop AOTY?

i like it/10

Don't think its AOTY but its pretty fun in parts. 60% of the album is really fun to listen to and i pretty much just end up skipping the rest of them since they are pretty boring to me

I like pretty much all of it. As a Kanye stan he really butchered that verse though. I tried to defend it initially as playful, tongue in cheek, which it is, but it's still a garbage verse.

He just doesn't seem to give a shit about features anymore. I find them a very important part of hip hop.

Pic related. My Hip Hop album of the year so far.

I really wanted to like this but I ultimately just felt let down. Just felt overcommercialized. And the fucking lyrics at times, I mean it's hip hop, a certain level of retard is expected but be a little more fucking creative.

My hip hop AOTYSF is definitely Lil Boat The Mixtape. Such a fucking happy album, and the dude is making a brand new sound

I thought it was great.

I mean I'm not sure Kanye ever really cared about features on other people's projects.
I can't think of one memorable time Kanye was featured, but his discography is littered with amazing features.

Agreed. I wish he put more effort into features though. Sometimes they can outshine the main MC. Which I don't mind. Vince Stapes is pretty good at that.

Too High To Riot and Coloring Book are better. About the same as Which/One, better than Untitled Unmastered.

Love it. The menacing sound against the backdrop of responsibility and guilt is nothing new, but it's executed excellently. I wish there was more going on lyrically.

Good flow, good beats, horrible horrible lyrics. He can't write a song to save his life.

I'm confused on whether i'm allowed to like this album or not. Fantano told me to hate it and P4k told me to love it. I get all my music opinions from them so don't know which one I should agree with.

I liked it, but Still Brazy is my AOTY.

this guy knows what's up

it blows oxymoron out of the water tbqh

He was good on Smuckers, that was one of my favorite features on that album. Although I've heard that was recorded long time ago so I'm not sure if Ye could do something like that now.

>complains about retarded lyrics
>has lil boat as aoty

he needs to do a collab with ab soul

>Too High To Riot
You really think so? I love the first few tracks, but then it gets really boring to me. I can't even explain why but it literally always puts me to sleep. Blank Face was way more ambitious in nearly every aspect and almost always delivered. While Q has progressed, Bas is still on the same shit sound wise.