Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bChE8dqK5xM&list=FLOHxQx4lahpdvtDFyCyU7KQ&index=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=entmePV0CpA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1oaoHhhMD4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

my mom liked him

my dad did

i know i didn't

Probably because of his career-killing internet shenanigns.

I don't listen to manlets.

Better than your favourite artist desu

He was better than Michael Jackson
Still overproduced blockbuster funk

His live performances are some of the best i've seen, he brings out the funk better than most the 70's funk bands.

I like him. Guitar skills were God-tier. Extremely prolific. Musical styles from r&b, funk, pop, rock, psychedelic, hard rock, gospel, jazz - all done in varying degrees of awesome. He was an a wonderfully talented man. Dig through his back catalogue, and the numerous songs and complete albums which were hits that he wrote for other people. There's no way you can walk away without at least acknowledging and respecting his talent.

>tfw he has hundreds of unreleased music in his vault and will keep releasing new albums for the next hundred years

I wish I was exaggerating.

There's probably a reason why the music's unreleased tho

He's incredible dude

>tfw they will all be trash

i wish i was exaggerating too

He was also a total perfectionist though, so a decent lot of it is probably pretty good

>There's probably a reason why the music's unreleased tho

like "he died before releasing"?
or it's too much of an excuse?

This shit right here is probably one of the greatest things i've heard
youtube.com/watch?v=bChE8dqK5xM&list=FLOHxQx4lahpdvtDFyCyU7KQ&index=1

You need to hear more stuff then

>nobody actually liked him right?

underage please go

Is any of his post-80s stuff actually worth listening to though?

this "prince was actually amazing! but no one cared before he died" meme needs to go

His music is still as crappy as ever. People who think Purple Rain was one of the better musical works ever are as plebbish as people who think CHVRCHES saved modern music. And that's not to say about how fucking stupid and retarded he was against all kinds of technology. But suddenly he's dead and he becomes a saint and a genius. Not on my fucking watch.

I've heard plenty. If you don't think that's an incredible live performance I feel sorry for you.

Was was pretty fucking big before he died, just not with the younger youtube generation aka Sup Forums

He was completely forgotten before dying and you know it
Trying to push his exclusive website that no one (not even him) used
Most people didnt even knew he released anything new post 2000s because of his retarded publishing ideas

>le artist is bad because he was only good for 2 decades instead of 3

Madhouse -8

Jazz/funk instrumental written and arranged by Prince. Performs guitar and also piano on many tracks

m.youtube.com/watch?v=entmePV0CpA

Both had one consistently great album, but I personally don't think Prince had any single that compared to Billie Jean.

His best work

Gimp

Certain tracks, but the albums get incredibly patchy

(U)

Actually Prince played everything except the sax and the flute on that album.

yeah at the same time i bet
fag
just like him

>not playing sax and flute
what a fucking hack

Too bad he didn't live long enough to make a career comeback with that psychedelic trap album he was working on

>one consistently great album

Dirty Mind
Controversy
Purple Rain
Sign O' The Times
Under The Cherry Moon

Things after those are patchy, but each of those listed are solid, through and through.

God tier guitarist, excellent composer, played many many instruments at a level that most won't reach (especially the hacks of mu)
He was very very good overall.

His music is often too bloated
>oh let's put in this useless electronic effect
>oh I'm gonna do a solo now just because I can
I'd like Prince more if he made more focused 2-to-3 minute pop songs without all the arty bullshit

Goddamn! That fucking incredible

Listen to his older stuff Dirty Mind, Controversy, and 1999 in particular. Raw, minimal, but still very dynamic.

Like this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=J1oaoHhhMD4

My mom played a cassette of "The Hits 2" every morning when I was on my way to school. This turned me into a Prince fan.

>not rebelling against your parent's tastes
Are you developmentally disabled or something

I'm not into everything my mom likes. You won't see me claiming I'm a huge Rick Springfield fan any time soon. The music my parents played was a good place to start from though. There were influences and samples that were apparent from a lot of that stuff in the other stuff I got into, from Hip-Hop to Drum & Bass.

I don't know why people on this board sperg the fuck out about old music. I guess that comes with the territory when you're a tryhard.

embarrassing relic of the 1980's
Rick James was better.

>Drum & Bass.
and you call others tryhards..

holy fuck dude get a life wtf you're still living with your mom what a loser

I spent years listening to it, obsessing over it, now I'm not really into it. But yeah I know what you're talking about. The people in that scene can be kinda, you know, white guy with dreads...