I've been so dispassionate and jaded about music lately. I can't find anything I love...

I've been so dispassionate and jaded about music lately. I can't find anything I love. I feel like I'm in a slump or something, so can you guys post some albums that have gotten you out of something like this? I like mostly everything, except not a real big fan of EDM/dubstep/whatever you want to call it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J7icUzHXeyU
youtube.com/watch?v=3V5mde2INxA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

give EBM a try you pussy
youtube.com/watch?v=J7icUzHXeyU

Maybe I would find that appealing if I were an edgy goth teenager.

Stop listening to music

youtube.com/watch?v=3V5mde2INxA

10 minutes into this and you'll be fine

>goth
listen to it, you pussy. Old school EBM is for workers.

Try to take a break from listening to music for a few days. When you'll get back to it, you'll find yourself a lot more interested in it

this is fucking great

That is a truly great album

What you really need to do is turn your attitude around somehow. its hard because you are not easily amused but your moods and energy levels project onto the emotional world you live in daily life. depressed people don't see as many colors as adjusted people, they also don't enjoy music as much. I highly recommend experimenting with DMT it is possible to open up the window and put things into perspective. in the mean time 5mins meditation and sticking to a regular exercise routine and eating better will be good enough. I have some albums I liked so far I have been listening to this year

SLEEP sleep's holy mountain
CLEANERS FROM VENUS midnight cleaners
THE SERVANTS small time (technically is disc 1 of 2)
FACTORY FLOOR factory floor
U-ZIQ aberystwyth marine
DAVID BOWIE black star
FREDDIE GIBBS & MADLIB pinata
TY SEGALL emotional mugger
CAR SEAT HEADREST teens of style
BREEDERS title tk
PAUL MCCARTNEY chaos and creation in the backyard
SONIC YOUTH evol
TAME IMPALA currents
THE AMPS pacer
JESSY LANZA pull my hair back
VENETIAN SNARES traditional synthesizer musi
TALK TALK laughing stock and spirit of eden
PILOTREDSUN achievement
U-ZIQ Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique
PAUL SIMON stranger to stranger
SWANS to be kind
RADIOHEAD a moon shaped pool
DEERHOOF the magic
CYLOB the quantum loonyverse
EDAN beauty and the beat

Good advice.

more rap music
more noise
more drone
all prefab sprout

go to a concert. make music. write about music. read about music. play music with people. listen to music on drugs. anything that isn't sitting at your computer listening to recorded music.

or do something besides music, take a break and come back to it.

I got into black metal to fix that.

2 years later, it's still fresh

The whole music industry is in the toilet right now, if you feel this way its probably because you care and because 2010, 2011, & 2013 were better in every way. There really hasnt been that many legitimately substantial 2016 releases.

awful

Yeah, 2016 has definitely been fucking garbage so far, and I'm not really seeing anything on the horizon that might improve it somehow.

it's quite good actually

keep telling yourself that. It has a factory ambiance, but workers itself do not listen to it. Workers listen to normie music.

quality discussion, lads

>I can't find anything I love

Love-Forever Changes. Every person I've introduced this album to absolutely loved it.

TRY IT!