>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_5PX4Fl6Mu4
gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/marshall-jcm2000-dsl-401.-sale-swap-/1178994468
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for moe

this isn't /metal/

Gary Glitter is glam rock not glam metal you nigger
David Bowie, T Rex, Roxy Music, and the New York Dolls are a few good glam bands

How does a guitar being hollow or semi-hollow affect its tone?

Whats the fucking source

if I have a usb audio interface with 4 mic inputs, will all of those microphones be recorded when using a program like audacity on my computer?

Boku no Guitar

It took me two clicks to find it. Apply yourself.

Reverse search no work.
pls spoon feed.

>tfw it's 3am so you have to play unamped

Don't bother, it's had 2 chapters released and last update was 430 odd days ago.

Reverse search worked perfectly.

>can't play with headphones

>this triggers the offset autists

> tfw your tube amp has headphone out
> tfw your amp is bae

how does it feel to have an amp made for children so they wont annoy mommy

Not everybody lives in their own trailer in the middle of fucking nowhere, user.

If you decided to theoretically, you know, kill yourself, would you sell your gear first so you can give the money to your family to pay for funeral expenses and such beforehand?

I mean, it would be kind of a dick move to let them have to deal with sorting, selling and getting rid of all your stuff afterwards, right?

Just asking theoretically.

it would be a dick move to have them deal with you killing yourself in the first place

Yeah, I know. I'd figure something out about that as well.

You can always ease things in few ways such as by making it look like an accident, make them hate me beforehand, lose touch, get a disease etc.

What's a good entry level guitar? Someone who knows how to play many instruments, knows they will like guitar, wants a good sound, but doesn't want to spend a huge amount of money.

I hear people recommend Yamaha Pacificas pretty often

A Squier Standard Tele or Strat. Decent build quality, electronics, verastile tones, and they're just really comfy shapes you can easily get accustomed to. On top of that, you'll be able to easily mod them down the line if it's something you become interested in.

Epi Les Paul if you want something with sustain until the cows come home.

Epi Les Paul Jrs are a lot of fun to play. All the other LP models make me want to quit. I fucking hate them.

Different strokes. They're still great guitars.

Definitely sell the gear first. That way you help your family and people will be able to enjoy your gear.

I don't know what it is about them that makes me strongly dislike them. I can never dial in a sound I'm happy with and they just don't "feel" right. Which is odd since I love their archtops and own two.

I personally can't stand fenders and their bolt-ons. Even the high end feels meh to me after 25+ years of playing.

They will if you plug in 4 microphones, set the inputs properly, and record enable 4 tracks.

What about acoustics?

I hear people recommend Seagull pretty often
or Yamaha

If I were to play a 100W amp and a 112 cab, where do I stick the volume pedal for it to sound bearable in apartment conditions? Before the AMP? The FX loop?

I really want a Gretsch Jim Dandy just to fuck around with at home

Steel or nylon? I guess Yamaha gives a lot for the money either way.

>Seagull
>Cheap

I've seen S6's go for $300

honestly sellling your gear would also be a good test to see if youre willing to kill yourself. if youre struggling thinking about the idea of selling that amp you played your fist gig with, that guitar you learned to play your favorite songs on, that pedal you did extensive research on then saved up, starved yourself and pocketed the lunch money mommy gave you to buy, the partscaster that you tortured yourself with waiting for parts in the mail and swearing at the electronics and hardware installation, fuck man im getting to deep with this shit i could never sell some of my things. if i do die bury me with my surf green strat i built with my first paycheck

Question seems like bait but I'll answer seriously.
Volume should go at the front not the fx loop.
Not going to help you tbqh, for what you want you need an attenuator

So I have been asked to stand in for a guitarist in a metal band playing a gig this weekend. Haven't played metal in about 10 years so none of my gear is really suitable. I am borrowing his Mesa dual rectifier thing, but will obviously be using my own guitar.

My question is, what pedals would work best with an American Standard strat (with a JB junior in the bridge) into one of these things? Know quite a few people who play so can borrow pretty much anything that is easily available, no boutique stuff.

Setlist is pretty straightforward, mostly 80s and 90s stuff. I am assuming a reasonable amount of gain, but haven't decided if I will use the amp gain or use a pedal. Any general tips for getting a good metal tone?

Tube Screamer or DS-1, mix the two if br00tal.

Props for it being a 9 string.
But what have you done?!?!?!?

:^)

>tfw never practice scales, just learn songs

TS-9. Level 10, gain 0, tone to taste. Keep gain on amp fairly low (3-4 maybe).

>Meme Zone

how 2 paint strat and pickguard black to make it look like d gilly's

Use masking tape, remember to inhale lots of fumes.

I'm completely reversed.
>never 'practice' any songs just pick some of them up by ear
>practice scales, then take progressions and practice soloing over them
What sucks about this, is that I have an actual day job and guitar playing is just my hobby, so I don't have much time to come up with my own shit. So if someone comes up to me and tells me to play something, I can't, really. I don't know any 'songs'
>mfw it would literally take me one evening to master like 50 hip'n'cool riffs kids listen to these days
I don't give a fuck

I just wanted to meme, though that said I don't think I've ever even seen a real MT-2 in a music store, let alone played one.

Depending on your pedal setup, the Tube Screamer Mini is pretty sweet. I'm not sure if /gg/ thinks mini pedals are for memers and cucks, but I think they're greet, and the TS chipset is the same as the one in the TS-9 so it's legit, and they're not mega pricey. Only issue is, if it'd be your only pedal you'd look like a bit of a mong...

I love Dave Gilmour and his strat, but godamn black on black looks like shit.

I've actually played one, a buddy of mine owned one back in the early 90s. It sounded like ass no matter what you fed it through.

Have you seen this?

youtube.com/watch?v=_5PX4Fl6Mu4

Video where they take one and mod it, sounds all right after a few tweaks.

My flatmate has a metal core, its just ridiculous.

Thanks, I actually have a tube screamer already (my usual setup is that through an AC15) so will have a go with that. Rehearsal this afternoon so gives me a bit of time to play about with it.

So far my pedal board is a tube screamer, dunlop cry baby (couple of Metallica songs, rude not to), and a tuner. Never really been into pedals so this is all a bit new.

Never gigged with anything like a 100w valve amp before so I am actually quite looking forward to it. I imagine it is insanely loud.

Worth getting something like a noise gate / compressor?

How do I know if a luthier/guitarshop/builder is legit or any good? I live in vienna and I want to have 2 switches installed for coil splitting on my bass, but it was pretty expensive and I don't trust myself to drill the holes without damaging or scratching it up. How/where can I find someone who will do a flawless job at this + maybe installing a ramp? How much would that cost, 2 4way switches, a bit of soldering and drilling 2 holes?

>tfw don't know any hip'n'cool riffs
>always flustered when someone asks me to play something

Pedal mods are always interesting, doesn't change the fact the MT-2 is a turd.

>noise gate
Could help.

>compressor
No need on a recto.

Just make sure the switch at the back is set to diode rectification for the heavier stuff or you might find the amp a bit spongy.

Totally agree. Just thought it was interesting watching people try to make it work at a usable level.

massive homo here, how do into percussive fingerstyle?
i love the works of Andy McKee and he was my main inspiration to pick up the guitar in the first place, but percussive fingerstyle seems to be virtually unheard of on the internet. i can't find any guides or courses.
help?

tune DADGAD and smack your guitar around a lot, it's not that complicated. Just requires practice.

REEEEEEEEE JUST NAME SOURCE

Pretty much this. That meme seemed to die pretty quickly.

Thoughts on the marshall code series? Is it worth? Also whats the best amp i could get, new or used, for about $250? Thanks in advance for your help anons!

Oh and i mostly play rock, alt rock, and indie on a les paul.

FAGDAD is better.
Or buy a 7 string and tune to CABBAGE

I know basically 0 about percussive playing, but please tell me CABBAGE is an actually used tuning and not some sort of meme?

What would make you think that?

CABBAGE is an actually used tuning and not some sort of meme!

if you want a weird ass tuning though, there's New Standard. CGDAEG. All fifths and a minor third.
Tunings can't make up for the lack of creativity though.

>any White Stripes song ever
>any Black Keys song ever
>some funk shit to get people dancing, like The Meters' Cissy Strut
>some fucking ballad for when things get mellow (Stairway to Heaven, etc.)
and much, much more.

Or use a tuning that makes sense.
EADGCF for example.

W O N D E R W A L L

All fourths is overrated, the only advantage you gain is not having to move one fret when doing scale runs/repeating patterns. Which isn't a difficulty.

Heard good things about them, but I would recommend trying to get a valve amp. How much is a used DSL where you are? Something like this:

gumtree.com/p/other-guitar-accessories/marshall-jcm2000-dsl-401.-sale-swap-/1178994468

Or even a used Blackstar HT series. They are great value

It makes sense for bassists, so it's a superior tuning.

>admitting bassists are so bad they can't compensate for a difference in their tunings

okay, I know like some White Stripes songs, actually, so I guess I am lowkey hip'n'cool

haven't learned it and don't intend to

I was just looking at that RG on eBay. Guess I better buy it. My collection doesn't have a bright 80s style guitar yet.

>makes sense for bassists
>Standard is all fourths for a 4 string bass

Nigga u stupid

Playing Wonderwall is integral to not being a complete autistic manbabby.

The intervals just seem a bit weird, but then again I have no experience with alt tunings, I'm totally fine playing everything in E.
But people like Robert Fripp uses weird as shit tunings and he sounds great so what do I know?

>using a stupid tuning where you need to "compensate" for something in the first place
And that is all fourths on guitar. Which makes sense and is symmetrical and not stupid, as opposed to your standard tunings.

That's meant to say E flat. I copied in a flat sign but it doesn't show up on the post.

just write lower case b for flat

wow stupid ass keys aren't even symetrical what a shit instrument

Dsls are $350. Ht series can be had for about my budget, but only 5w.

I'm finally getting back into practicing daily after years of barely touching my guitars. What's a good practice schedule? How many hours a day would you recommend and how should I divide that time? Right now I just jam and learn new songs daily but I think it's time to start getting back into exercises.

>comparing string instruments to keys
I forgot guitarists are stupid as fuck, sorry my bad.

It's unsymmetrical for the purpose of chords. It's not unsymmetrical because some dude decided to make it the standard just to fuck with scale wankers.

>chords
does not compute

thanks user now i've realised standard tuning is useless and all the great players have been doing it wrong wow who would have tought that

This argument always comes up, probably because guitarists are stupid and have no clue how to debate properly. Let me educate you:
Just because amazing players have played well DESPITE something stupid doesn't mean that that thing is good. Fucking 3 saddle bridges on teles are absolute trash, retarded, a design that was barely good enough and introduced to save cost, just because people play teles and sound good DESPITE those fucking bridges doesn't mean that they're any good. They're actually terrible.
The same goes for standard tuning.

Then make an actual proper argument for why standard tunings shouldn't be the standard.

Not being symmetrical doesn't make it not right as we've already explained.

3 stringed saddles is shit because there's an objective reason it's bad.
There's no objective reason for EADGBE being bad, and there are plenty of asymetrical instruments.

>Fucking 3 saddle bridges on teles are absolute trash

They really aren't that bad. Takes a bit of effort to intonate them properly but thats really it.

A lot of people think the brass saddles sound better too, tempted to get some for my Tele actually.

Never really played about with different tunings but it has to be worth a go.

At least you have accepted your own flawed argument, I can respect that. Not being symmetrical means you have to compensate for that fact, which makes it inferior to symmetrical tuning, ergo it's inferior, trash, disgusting, retarded. It's that simple.
See ^, it's objectively bad.
They are literally inferior in every single way, they were only designed that way to save cost, they're retarded and if you prefer them for some reason you're stupid.

>inferior in every single way

Then what about the tonal differences a brass saddle gives you when compared to a regular steel one?

>make a 6 saddle bridge with brass saddles
Boy that was hard.

>Not being symmetrical means you have to compensate for that fact, which makes it inferior to symmetrical tuning, ergo it's inferior, trash, disgusting, retarded. It's that simple.

And if I was playing in all 4th's I would have to compensate for not being able to grab easy barrechords, so your point is that making scale runs marginally easier is worth making grabbing chords several times harder.

That's why your argument is flawed. The compensation I have to do to move up one fret on one string is a lot less compared to the compensation I would need to completely change how chords are grabbed on a guitar.

>chords
does not compute

Which I am pretty sure Fender don't make. And we are talking about the old style 3 brass saddle one compared to the new 6 saddle steel one.

Why are you getting so upset about this? Once you get them set up properly you don't need to touch them again unless you start messing about with different gauges / tunings.