youtube.com/watch?v=6saoq7WQMMk
youtube.com/watch?v=49XlxhJcpYI
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcxxh1yewhM
youtube.com/watch?v=qLokUU8aijU&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=wARjfnThpk8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

youtube.com/watch?v=vK3Hv1S1vyQ

REMINDER THAT OXBOW IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW ALBUM IN NOVEMBER

I just heard this for the first time the other day after buying it on vinyl. Some of the best noise rock ever IMO I'm surprised Sup Forums doesn't talk about them more.

They're ALMOST as good as pic related

bump

SHE'S A GENT GIVE HER A CALL MY DAUGHTER PAUL

Does this technically meet the definition of noise rock? If you think it doesn't, why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=sBZKQzd6VVs

these are my expectations everytime something is tagged as noise rock

This is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=lT5gDF6OY40

youtube.com/watch?v=kpcwA2fJkAw

youtube.com/watch?v=nnNvEL4mhb0

Lightning Bolt are legends and neo-mu doesn't talk about any music even approaching "underground" (not tjat Lightning Bolt are some beacon of obscurity in 2016)

>why isn't death metal noise rock

this is what Sup Forums has come to

Mayyors

Apparently, yes. So why isn't it noise-rock?

Is the vinyl worth it? I saw it's price on discogs and such but I couldn't find information on whether it was mastered to vinyl or digitally (I assume digital) .

More like this please

Look up where the term comes from and the types of bands associated with it, "noise rock" is too vague a term to be accurately described. In its simplest sense it's rock music that uses "noise" as a compositional tool, but from that description alone you get people like you who are going around thinking death metal is noise rock.

Don't know how it's mastered but it sounds great.

It's on two 45s weirdly enough.

Because it's not rock. It's metal. That's why it's called Death Metal.

I don't think all death metal is noise rock, but by the definition you've given me, I still believe the band I've posted may be noise rock.

Metal is a subgenre of rock. There's plenty of noise rock bands with metal influence and elements. If you want to call things noise-metal I'm fine with that.

>If you want to call things noise-metal I'm fine with that.
Why would I do that when it's clearly just a death metal band?

>Metal is a subgenre of rock
Hahaha, yeah, and rock is a subgenre of jazz. Good meme.

It's clearly not just a death metal band. There is more at play here. And if you're denying that metal is a rock subgenre than I have to think you're just fucking with me.

Coughs - Fright Makes Right
Wives - Erect The Youth Problem

these fine men

>It's clearly not just a death metal band. There is more at play here.

So you're new to death metal as well is what I'm gathering here. There's not even that much feedback on that song, most of the harsh sound is coming from how down-tuned the guitars are, the distortion applied to them and the dissonant riffs all these things are standard in death metal, dissonant riffing being somewhat modern but it has long since become another convention. Call it noisy dissonant death metal if you want, there's no point in calling it noise rock. Noise rock was a thing before death metal.

A 'genre' of music is nothing but the conglomeration of stylistic and compositional tropes. When you get into sub-genres and things get more specific things aren't as clear-cut as, say, electronic music vs rock music. There's also the bleed-through of influences and combination of genres and subgenres. So, why go through the whole hurdle of labels when deep down it's just a flexible and abstract construct? Because we like to associate things with other things, it's human nature; and more pragmatically we do this because we want to know what to look for if we want more of this certain sound.

No fan of noise rock would consider what you posted noise rock in any legitimate or useful way, when people think of and talk about noise rock, like with all genres, they imagine a specific sound and that sound is not death metal. If you want to know what this specific sound is, like I said, look up where the term came from and what types of bands are associated with it and you will understand.

But there isn't really a specific sound for noise rock. The Jesus Lizard doesn't sound like Lightning Bolt who don't sound like Big Black who don't sound like Melt-Banana who don't sound like Melvins who don't sound like Brainiac.

Noise rock is defined by elements of noise and atonality with rock instrumentation and Pyrrhon meets that definition. Yes, this is death metal, it is noisy dissonant death metal, and I see no reason why, technically speaking, it isn't also noise rock.

I mean, Melvins are sludge metal, aren't they? And Zeni Geva is noisy dissonant metal. And what about groups like Today is the Day, who are clearly metal influenced and who are a huge influence on Pyrrhon?

youtube.com/watch?v=3F2HE6nA9Lw

youtube.com/watch?v=F2VEukM1Sjc

New Wreck and Reference album released!

wreckandreference.bandcamp.com/album/indifferent-rivers-romance-end

youtube.com/watch?v=cuBPGlfmP7Y

BRAINBOMBS NEW ALBUM OUT SOON

excellent album, op not a faggot at all

youtube.com/watch?v=6saoq7WQMMk

you're fucking stupid m8

That's possible. I haven't had an IQ test or anything. But do you think you could rephrase that as an argument for why I'm wrong, instead of just what is frankly a pathetic insult?

Atomizer is better.

Atomizer's the noisier album definitely. Songs about Fucking is a little closer to conventional punk.

Is this considered as noise rock? Anyways GOAT album from great band. Liar and Down are also exellent

It's definitely considered noise-rock, yeah.

How about noisy rocks?

youtube.com/watch?v=49XlxhJcpYI

Real best noise rock band coming through
youtube.com/watch?v=Gcxxh1yewhM

source please?

that's a post-hardcore album tho

TJL was my first noise rock band. I'm still conflicted on what's better, Goat or Liar. Both have their strengths, though I think Goat just barely edges it out.

took 10 years to finish and spent $40k
youtube.com/watch?v=qLokUU8aijU&feature=youtu.be

I'm not in the business of hair-splitting

youtube.com/watch?v=wARjfnThpk8

well shit we had that fucking death metal guy earlier so clearly all the rules have been thrown out the window

SOMETIMES I JUST GOTTA JERK OFF

the dead c