Enough of the plebeian popular music trash threads, post your top 3 composers and be judged

Enough of the plebeian popular music trash threads, post your top 3 composers and be judged.

Other urls found in this thread:

s2.quickmeme.com/img/8f/8f06a935ba966a5b8c59546e8b081ba1593e6d8ed3d5bda5e2fb8930c7e9fcda.jpg
classiquenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/stravinksy-igor-portrait-582-594-cd-coffret-stravinsky-2015-deutsche-grammophon-clic-de-classiquenews-octobre-2015-review-critique-cd-Igor-Stravinsky-wearing-t-014.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=8fHi36dvTdE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

skirllex
deadmau5
david guetta

Chop
Beet
Zart

Morton Feldman
Giacinto Scelsi
ZUN

Pärt
Reich
Boulez

kek 2 of those are plebeius maximus. Especially the middle guy and his Top40 hit that plays on every, single, fucking, mariage.

Coltrane, Evans, and Miles

eat my ass

>fedoracore

Martinů
Schnittke
Bach

Which other one?

stil better than the wagner one

a lot of their music wasn't even composed, for example kind of blue was simply improvised on "modal sketches"

James Ferraro
Dean Blunt
orca

epic :*_

Bach
Stravinsky
Rachmaninoff (or early Schoenberg)

my favorite composer is donald trump because I'm not a cuck
buncha blue-pill fags on this board

indeed. only thing missing is Strauss II in order for OP to have the most pleb taste in classical music

jefferson
nietzsche
paul mccartney

>the most pleb taste in classical

That would be

Mahler
Wagner
Vivaldi

Skrillex
Lady Gaga
Vaporterror

>nietzsche
very underrated as a composer

Chopin
Chopin
>Chopin

Scriabin, Ravel, Schmitt

hes absolutely shit

if you want to see how it's done look at pasternak and his sonata

Beethoven
Stravinsky
Debussy

Plz be gentle, I'm new to western classical.

underrated =/= good
he's mediocre, but to him composing was just a pastime

s2.quickmeme.com/img/8f/8f06a935ba966a5b8c59546e8b081ba1593e6d8ed3d5bda5e2fb8930c7e9fcda.jpg

mah nigga

Reich
Debussy
Ravel

welcome to Sup Forums,
have a nice time :^)

Arnold Schönberg
Charles Ives
Gustav Mahler

All 20th century strangely enough...

But if I had to pick a 4th it would be Richard Wagner.

>Igor Stravinsky
>Arturo Toscanini
>Steve Reich
I don't listen to a lot of classical because i'm not 70+ who can't live with change.
But these are my niggas. r8.

Zappa
Vivaldi
Beethoven

Mahler
Grieg
Holtz

Grimes
Bach
Jean Michel Jarre

Joanna Newsom, Claire Boucher and Beyoncé

+1 for Claire Boucher

The only composers I listen to right now are
Erik Satie
Kim Myhr
Adolf Wiklund

I've been meaning to listen to more classical/art music, but I haven't yet. Should I start with Bach or what?

hmmm

beethoven
stockhausen
third choice is always changing but currently it's berlioz

(you)

>I don't listen to a lot of classical because i'm not 70+ who can't live with change.

i really hope that's not how you look at art because if so that's atrocious

Yes, me. Claire is the most talented female artist at this moment. Prove me wrong.

> user has found greatest 3 composers of all time

/thread

Bach
Beethoven
Mozart

sorry those are the only ones ive heard of

No.

Schubert
Prokofiev
Boucher

Each one amongst the true greats of their respective century.

>stockhausen
thanks for the lol

Why you should think twice about painting the walls in your house anything

Very sad that most of Sup Forums can't even name 3 composers and has to resort to memes!

stfu?

beethoven
scriabin
schonberg

as i said look at pasternak to see how its done

author of dr zhivago and the sonata shows he probably could have made a fine composer too

id start with a range.

try something from all eras. look at the essentials charts.

>Stravinsky
>can't live with change

The man spent his whole like trying to change art itself.

classiquenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/stravinksy-igor-portrait-582-594-cd-coffret-stravinsky-2015-deutsche-grammophon-clic-de-classiquenews-octobre-2015-review-critique-cd-Igor-Stravinsky-wearing-t-014.jpg

>only 1 mention of Mozart in this whole thread
Further proof that Mozart is underrated.
Mozart
Schoenberg
Bach

If your answer isn't Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven, your opinion honestly shouldn't be taken seriously

Bach basically invented equal temperament as we know it today. Because of this a lot of his music shows off key shifts and and it's really the first place that tonal and atonal relationships are established.

Next listen to Mozart. Mozart is a fucking baddass. Mozart introduces a lot of motif like concepts, phenomenal key shifts. What Bach did to tonal relationships, Mozart did to musical motief.

From there you should checkout Beethoven. Beethoven is the last classical composed. He is also the first romantic. Beethoven ends one era in music and begins another.

Next you should check out Hector Berlioz' "Romeo and Juliet" and immediately following that you should listen to Richard Wagner's "Prelude from Tristan und Isode"

Wagner introduces concepts like leitmotif which are still used today in film scores and rock operas like The Wall

After Wagner music becomes increasingly more atonal with composers like Strauss and Rachmaninov and Stravinsky and Schönberg.

We also get american composers in the beginning of the 20th century like Copland, Ives, and Gershwin.

Leonard Bernstein had an excellent series of Harvard lectures called "The Unanswered Question" (after an Ives title)that looks at this in depth. Y'all should watch it:

youtube.com/watch?v=8fHi36dvTdE

Thank you guys