youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201
youtube.com/watch?v=u1zmCtmQ6W4
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=eSpyCL8pZ3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894
instagram.com/p/BIEM-p3DSZC/?taken-by=actuallygrimes
vogue.com/13367177/grimes-art-angels-album-hair-color-purple-beauty-makeup-personal-style/
theawl.tumblr.com/post/82475647301/actuallygrimes-u-can-see-my-natural-hair-r-n
twitter.com/AnonBabble

filtered general
discuss filtered

also I'm going to hit her with a hammer

She needs to wear glasses more often

ugly

go back to redd it you fucking swine

I've seen alot of hate against Grimes on this board recently, like People saying she's "Shit" "Ugly" and "Untallented". You're all fucking retards and you have a shit tier music taste when it comes to pop. Also what is up with these faggots calling Grimes Ugly and Retarded? Grimes is one of the most attractive women out there, And i bet you fat neckbeard Virgins couldn't say that to Grimes' face, and even if you did i'd be there to protect her. You know what's funny? I can snap and kill every mother fucker on this board if we met IRL. Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what is happening. You guys talk big shit, But if i'm ever around you in IRL and i hear you talk shit about Grimes then those will be your last words. Watch Yourselfes

oh shut the fuck up.

grimes is as beautiful as she is talented. people who say she is ugly is blind, she is very clearly EXTREMELY attractive and that's part of the grimes package.

you get this amazing art that is derived from distilled pain, clever references and an abstract headspace mixed together into the ULTIMATE form of art music, blended into a delicious ear candy that can soothe you. then you have her, albeit cliche, well done visual art that 100% absolutely matches the grimes aesthetic and is uniquely hers, despite people trying to rip off her style all the time.

and behind it all you have this absolutely gorgeous woman. this person who is well read, has good morals and abundant talent and passion. all tied into this package of non-traditional beauty, i could confuse claire for aphrodite.

quite honestly, if you aren't a fan of grimes, you just aren't living in REALiTi

what did he mean by this?

(You)

>no matter how pathetic your obsession with grimes is
>you will never be animejames or KST

who's KST tho

Breaking news: World Princess Part II music video in September as part of a bigger project with Hana. Surprises to come.

twitter.com/Grimezsz/status/756214348536655872

fuck I'm stupid
accept best grimes as my apology for being stupid

"All of my friends are musicians and slowly I became one because it seemed like the thing to do at the time," she explains. "This gave me the access to someone showing me how to record something. And all of the gear I used was just what my friends had. I'd say, 'How do I do this?' and then someone would show me. Like Raph [Standell-Preston] from Braids, I used the same pedal and keyboard as her. I really have to credit a lot of other people for how I learned to make music."

Boucher found that one of the only things she could offer friends in return for their assistance was grub. "With [labelmate] Flow Child, I traded him some food to come over to my house and show me how to use his sampler," she says. "I think I gave him a bunch of canned chickpeas. It wasn't a bad deal."

Like many amateur musicians, Grimes cut her teeth recording with Apple's GarageBand software. (She admits that she used it to record Visions, which is "really embarrassing," but has since moved on.) It was Animal Collective that inspired her to begin making loop-based music, which she was able to master in no time.

"I had this light bulb moment where I was listening to Panda Bear," she explains. "I realized what a loop was and how simple making music was if you based it off loops and just started doing that right away."

exclaim.ca/music/article/grimes-accidental_pop_star

james is a glorified butler

You say that like it's a bad thing...

yeah but he's intimate with claire so who gives a shit

nice sequential dubs trips combo

seriously, she's so freakin cool. Look how she's filming this music video and doesn't wave the guy in front like she should because it's polite, she waves him in front of the camera as if to invite him to be in the music video.

I'm not even being ironic when I say she's probably the cutest girl I've ever seen ;-;

YAATHTH

Grimes is the nicest musician.

GRIMES PROFILE

>Full name: Claire Elise Boucher
>Born: 17 March 1988 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
>Origin: Québécois, Ukrainian, Russian and Italian descent
>Instruments: vocals, synthesizer, sampler, keyboard, guitar, bass, drums, violin, ukulele

>Skills:
- singer
- songwriter
- producer
- sound engineer
- lyricist
- live performer
- visual artist
- music video director
- dancer
- model
- virtuoso

>Main interests:
Music, visual arts, dancing, books, films, modeling, video games, internet, and others

>Music taste:
last.fm/user/chairmandore/library
youtube.com/watch?v=ahnUH7wnW30
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grimes_(musician)#Musical_style
pandora.com/station/2895208146671614201

>Others:
- Grimes does everything in her music, from singing and songwriting to artwork and production
- nice personality, beautiful look, cares about environment issues and saving animals
- took her name from grime music after discovering the existence of the genre on Myspace
- studied ballet for 11 years
- was a goth outcast in high school
- studed neuroscience, philosophy, and Russian literature and McGill University before being dropped out for missing classes
- had some troubles in the past: drugs, 2 friends died because of overdosing drugs, sexual assault, shitty jobs, the professor who got her into a music program killed himself
- started making music when she was around the age of 22 or 23
- big Lord of the Rings, Dune, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Abbess Hildegard von Bingen and Russian literature fan
- her best friends are James Brooks, Hana, Bloodpop, Duffy, Born Gold

Can't wait!

I did this, thx for posting it. I think it's a pretty good introduction to Grimes, besides her actual music.

>d'eon isn't anywhere in this profile
JUST

he is too good for her

Underrated song of today: Ivory.

youtube.com/watch?v=u1zmCtmQ6W4

read the comments

Fuck.

>Begin to notice the daily Grimes threads about a week ago
>Have absolutely no idea of what "Grimes" is
>Start getting curious
>Eventually I lurk in every Grimes thread
>Mostly just look at the pictures because she is kind of cute
>Still hadn't heard any of her stuff
>Have this weird dream
>In the dream I'm going to a friends house to sleep over
>I knock on the door
>Claire opens the door
>Begin to feel really nervous for some reason
>She speaks to me like an old friend, but I don't know her at all
>She shows me around the house
>I gradually feel more and comfortable
>We're in some dream world that I can't quite describe, but it's very bright and colourful
>One of her songs are playing in the background (By now I still hadn't actually heard her music)
>Sounds pretty good in the dream
>Wake up the next day
>Listen to Geidi Primes
>WHAT THE FUCK
>It sounds just the same as in the dream (The overall sound and her voice, that is)
>Goosebumps for hours because the whole experience was just so damn bizarre

I guess I'm converted to the religion of Grimes now

Assuming your post is serious (no invented things), this is interesting. Maybe it's a sign that her music has been waiting for you. Did you listen to Halfaxa, Darkbloom, Visions and Art Angels yet?

Just listened through Halfaxa, now I'm halfway through Visions and it's already my favourite (So far). I think it was meant to be.

Halfaxa is her weirdest album. It took me quite a long time to get into it. Even Geidi Primes is more accessible.

Visions is really wonderful. It just grows on you with each listen. In a way it's like The Cure's Disintegration: atmospheric songs mixed with catchy songs, all surrounded by a dark dreamy vibe.

3 of my favorites from Visions:
youtube.com/watch?v=qsbiyvpel54
youtube.com/watch?v=eSpyCL8pZ3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Fb_0LzBv894

Art Angels is full of bangers. It's ridiculously catchy. If you think that mainstream pop is catchy, wait until you hear this album.

And btw, pay attention to the end of Symphonia IX. Those massive beats with a lot of reverb sound like they're from a goth album or something.

seems like youre just new to music

>seems like youre just new to music
The keyword is "seems". I listened to way more music than you will ever listen in your whole life.

instagram.com/p/BIEM-p3DSZC/?taken-by=actuallygrimes

how long until she makes lets plays

great news!

but you only started listening to grimes?

seems like you're just a pleb then

Shut the fuck up.

Grimes is inclusive. A community of love and acceptance. If you can't be nice you can leave, foooool. and suck a pen15 on your way out.

imagine a typical popfag trying to get into art angels

lol

Grimes is actually VERY obscure. She's right up my alley in terms of musical interest, and I only found out about her about for months ago.

*about 4 months ago.

Actually I think that really anybody can listen to her and apreciate it, and I think that's the beg deal about her; she is able of creating something that anyone, from the Doom/sludge guy to the plebpop teen can enjoy.

>but you only started listening to grimes?
I listen to Grimes since 2012.

Why did you say this shit
>seems like youre just new to music
...as a reply to my perfectly legit post (You) ?

Are you fucking retarded? Go see a doctor, autist.

So I think the autist thought you were also the guy you were replying to with your first post or some stupid shit or he's just having an episode

>Grimes is actually VERY obscure.
Sup Forums users are overstating her popularity. Just because Grimes is popular on Sup Forums, it doesn't mean the whole world know her. As a matter of fact, she never had a hit. Even her catchiest song REALiTi barely charted.

For a mainstream audience, yeah. She doesn't quite catch on.
There's already influences being affected on more commercial/known artists which is pretty good sign, pop idols that are desperate to write that hit song.

Lol... Props on remembering to insert the missing "(you)" after "your" linked post...

You're incoherent as fuck. Go to sleep, idiot.

I did a small mistake and copied the previous post that I deleted. This shitty board still has no edit function. Anyway that is a proof that it was my post. Moving on.

post cute grims

...whatever you say, user.

Myself, speaking as a big fan of 80s goth and new wave, I wouldn't describe Halfaxa as being particularly difficult to get into. For me the hardest one to get into so far has been Art Angels. But again, it's more about what your ear is accustomed to (since she fits such disparate influences into her music.) That's why I always recommend that people start listening to her by selecting the album that most closely resembles their previously held musical tastes and branching out from there.

Does anyone like SCREAM aside from me? the mix could be better tbqh

I LOVE scream - although I'm partial to the live Pushkin version myself.

>Myself, speaking as a big fan of 80s goth and new wave, I wouldn't describe Halfaxa as being particularly difficult to get into. For me the hardest one to get into so far has been Art Angels.
I'm also a big fan of 80s goth and new wave (plus synthpop). Halfaxa isn't really accessible, especially her weird voice. On the other hand, Art Angels is really catchy and likeable on the first listen. In my opinion, of course.

> I wouldn't describe Halfaxa as being particularly difficult to get into.
If that worked for you, fine. But don't imply that everyone has the same brain.

I like more the instrumental version tbch. The screams, not so much.

The screams are my favorite part. It's not often you hear someone attempt to craft a musically coherent piece of music based on something as a-musical as full on screams - let alone succeed.

she was on the tonight show like 3 years ago, which is when I and several million others first heard her. basically everyone in my age group, 25-35, knows who she is.

Yeah... in the past 4 months since I discovered her, I've run into a grand total of about 5-6 people actually familiar with her, only one of whom was in that demographic.

>millions of youtube views on songs
>obscure

best grimes

i like how the pikachus are of dubious quality

really makes you think...

its ok, but i hate Artistophanes' part.

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

I'm just now listening to Geidi Primes. I've been missing out. Spooky Grimes = Best Grimes?

pic somewhat unrelated because it's vanessa grimes

She is a leaf you know

>go to see Grimes live
>stand at the front because I like that
>crew guy comes up to me and tells me Claire wants to meet me
>he takes me backstage
>Grimes is there
>she tells me to sit down
>sits on my lap
>she obviously hasn't brushed her teeth or otherwise bathed recently
>the stench is unbelievable
>she forces her lips on mine
>I start puking
>puke all over Grimes
>she looks at me in disbelief
>suddenly she starts giggling autistically
>"ooooh, how did you know I was into that?"
>Grimes sticks her finger down her throat and pukes all over my crotch
>"yippee, again!" She screams
>she pukes once more
>I do not completely understand what is going on, but I know it's time for me to leave
>I run to the door
>she chases me
>"stay stay I want to play play! stay stay I want to play play!"
>she grabs me around the waist and starts kissing my body
>my torso is covered in lipstick kisses; not of roses but of puke
>manage to lose Claire after I throw her into a wall
>make a run for the exit
>manage to make it outside
>stand there catching my breath
>notice a member of Grimes' entourage staring at me
>she smiles and speaks
>"Ah, she gave you the old Grime Grime I see!"

IS YOUR WAIFU STILL HOT
THIS REALLY HAPPENED TO ME

>Spooky Grimes = Best Grimes

there's not many people here that agree with that, but I do
welcome to the club

FUCK YES I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS PASTA FOR SO FUCKING LONG YOU HAVE NO IDEA

I like all grimes equally. But my favorite Grimes is also the one everybody says is "ugly"

I missed this pasta

Not unrelated at all - between the constantly detuning vocal drone - that comes in about half-way through the song and again during the very end - and that music video, Vanessa is very much in wonderfully creepy Uncanny Valley territory.

ah yes this pasta mmhm everyday i go into the pasta store and say "i would like some grime grime!" and the manager would always comeback and say "we are all out of grime grime pasta! come back tomorrow" and i would everyday i would say "i would like some grime grime!" and i never would get any grime grime ah yes thank you for this grime grime pasta

I want to kill myself now, thank you user

what was the new song? i never even heard it?

Bullshit detected.

Grimes almost never utilizes lipstick in public because it makes her look like an underage hooker:
>I have a kohl eyeliner that I use to make a smoky, goth-y eye, and I’m really into this one Kat Von D pen that’s super-easy to draw on, but I can’t wear lipstick; I look simultaneously like a baby and a lady of the night. I use lipstick on my eyes, though, like a red or a black—or even a lip gloss.
vogue.com/13367177/grimes-art-angels-album-hair-color-purple-beauty-makeup-personal-style/

Where's a pic of her with her natural hair color?

i bet her soul tastes like candy and her dreams taste like chocolate

easily she's the sweetest damn thing i ever saw

her natural colour is dark brown

>u can see my natural hair r n *(shudders)
>it is like, mouse brown, the most boring of all hair colours. but the older i get the more i come to terms with this reality. it sucks cuz most people in my family have either black hair or super blonde hair and yet i am stuck in between. quite a shame.
theawl.tumblr.com/post/82475647301/actuallygrimes-u-can-see-my-natural-hair-r-n

not only are you guys worshipping a pop artist, but you're also pretentious as fuck about it. it's like this fanbase has the worst qualities of normie pop fags, and hipsters combined.

...And?

Neck of a goddess.

There is no such thing as self-declared beauty.

>Boucher found that one of the only things she could offer friends in return for their assistance was grub.

Is grub code for something sexual? never heard this word before.

He is an adornment with fishing wire tied around his penis so that he doesn't get any ideas.

She has already said that she is half way between celebrity and culture leader, in that way it's okay to demand compliments - which you aren't doing very well btw.

her cheeks are underrated. very pinchable

Music is dead and grimes has killed it. We are experiencing the best anti-musician of the decade.

Just imagine what you could make her do if you were both condemned to live in a failed communist state and you had the monopoly on hair dye...

They mean to say that her music is ugly because it is not sexy.

I would.... MAKE HER SING FOR ME!! Muahahaha!

She would be like
>NO I'M TOO SELF CONSCIOUS, I SUCK
and i would be like
>IF YOU WANT YOUR ECLECTIC PURPLES AND PINKS YOU WILL SING FOR ME
and she would be like
>NOOOOOOO
and I would be like
>pic related
and then she would begrudgingly sing for me, to which i would give her the 20 different colors of dye with a devilish shit eating grin on my face assuring her that I thought the performance was rather good and she would stare at the floor and roll her eyes in contempt, her cheeks flush with embarrassment and her mind swimming with refusal to believe me.

do not pinch the grimes.

Why's she not more famous for?

>and I would be like
>pic related

kek