Christian rock

>christian rock

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbvVr6c2E8
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zkXPro1AQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anberlin is alright

This, pic related is fucking great

There were some good Christian metal band in the '80s and early '90s.

Also some fantastic stuff on the fringe like King's X, Galactic Cowboys and Atomic Opera.

If only you had one more six. But yeah, Christian rock is pretty disgusting.

Dont you fuck with my God.

He's not, people like you just make shit music is all.

>christian genre

this is my favorite christian rock album

>forgetting violent femmes exist

Would Black Sabbath count as Christian Rock?

Did Christian rock seem weirdly more popular in the early 2000s to anyone else or was it just me growing up in the bible belt?

Nah, while they had some pretty pro-Christian leaning stuff at varying times (Stemming from Geezer Butler being a practicing Catholic), it's not really touched on in the vast majority of their stuff.

Yes
m.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbvVr6c2E8

MAYBE
IT'S NOT TOO LATE
TO LEARN HOW TO LOVE
AND FORGET HOW TO HATE

(Reminder that this is what fundamentalists were getting upset about in the '80s)

I LOVE YOU JESUS CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST

>satanist country

>try to introduce my friends to NMH
>get to I LOVE YOU JESUS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST
>they think it's christian music, never let me live it down
Now whenever I mention NMH that's the first thing they mention.

i never got this, to me it doesnt seem like he's singing to jesus christ, but rather use jesus christ as an interjection like "goddamn, i love you!"

>tfw I was raised entirely on Christian music until I gained substantial access to the internet when I was about 14

it's time for me to leave Sup Forums...
time to become a "normie".

I'm done with the memes, done with it all. I'm 19 years old, and I want to become a doctor. I want to find some almighty purpose that I can serve. I don't believe in God or love, and I believe every man has his price. I know I can die any day, and that nothing is guaranteed. I could do everything right and yet end up hated, alone, dirt poor, and starving, being raped everyday, etc.

And I want to thank you, Sup Forums, for that. I'm not saying this in a bitter way. For me, the truth has always been the greatest gift. The truth! It's somewhere out there! That's the most exciting thing in this world. What is the truth of it all? What happens after you die? Sup Forums, you always told me the truth of what you thought. Thank you, so much for that. Keep saying what you think. It's the only reason to come to this place.

If I ever become famous, if I ever blow up into something huge...I'll give off a sign, so you can know. Call me "SMEE".

See that's what I tried explaining to my friends. I tried to tell them he's not saying "I love you Jesus Christ" he instead sings it in a way that says "I love you so much"
They won't believe me

get smarter friends

They're plebs but they're my friends. One of them atleast sorta listens to NMH now, but he still doesn't like King of Carrot Flowers part 2

MY BUDDIES TELL MEEE

Those guys seem pretty happy about being in hell.
Thanks for adding to my weird album art collection, btw.

that sucks. my friends are all drones and like whatever i tell them to listen to, one of them is ever getting a NMH tattoo as cringe as that is

yeah my mom was really pushing the christian rock stuff on me all through my childhood until she gave up

>christian martial arts

>Not being Christian Industrial

Because you're wrong.

>Nine Inch Nails
YOU HELP ME GET CLOSER TO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

GOAT

>Rock

This is gospel.

When I was a kid my mom used to blast this while cleaning the house. Definitely makes me tear up a bit listening to it

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8zkXPro1AQ

It's okay sometimes

I think Emery is tolerable desu

>post-rock

Christian rock/pop/country are all awful but I can get into some traditional Christian music. I love hymns, old folk traditionals and such. I'm not the slightest bit religious but I still enjoy it.

That's not it. Jeff is indeed singing to Jesus but he's playing a character and not himself. He said in the p4k interview that he doesn't understand how actors can play characters and be understood but how musicians are always taken seriously
>select all images with mountains

We're in much of the same boat, I was largely raised on christian rock until I was 13 and got an MP3 player that had an FM radio built in

very funny buddy. You know he was born like 25 minutes from me. Also do you not know Kraschau or Our God Weeps?

I've listened to some genuinely well composed, well performed, and well recorded Christian rock (Keith Green and Larry Norman spring to mind), but even then it's almost always unlistenable because the lyrics are so ham fisted. It's as if being Christian prevents your brain from comprehending nuance or metaphors. Plus they almost always make the vocals too fucking loud in the mix

right there with ya buddy

>60's Christian gospel featuring an organ and grand piano, each panned to the extreme end
Ree

Also everyone listen to Texas Jerusalem Crossroads right now, Lift to Experience is getting back together