New korn

youtube.com/watch?v=nq9j1qkj2Vc

thoughts?

not too bad. not amazing tho. some parts were cool

pic related is the new album cover

That looks like some nonsense ripped straight from somebody's shitty DeviantArt account

i liked it

It's an ok song, some cool parts in the instrumental and I like that Davis is doing the scat vocals again, but nothing that sticks out to me very strongly.

Album title and cover are pretty cringe

What the fuck is this shit

Is this the first album with Head and Munky back in the lineup? I'm kind of disappointed tbqh, sound too overproduced. Not a fan of the synths.

I wish they would realize that what made the first two albums great was that stripped down sound that was still atmospheric, but from an instrumental level and not a post-production one. This just sounds like mid 2000s super hero movie trailer music.

the last album had head on it. munky never left

Cool I need to check that one out. I always thought they had good interplay.

Johnny Depp looks terrible.

15 years to late and thats including Issues if you wanna be generous.

I will say that they captured their sound without coming out looking like try hards moreso than someone like Metallica

I honestly thought it was Depp at first

sounds like issues mixed with untouchables

Their best album came out after Issues though.

and which is that?

Not that user, but the only two good Korn albums that came out after Issues were Untouchables and See You On The Other Side. Considering that Issues IS their best, user is probably wrong, but it'd have to be one of those two.

Either that, or he likes [untitled] and is mentally retarded, but we're not supposed to make fun of retards, so

>[untitled]

Im assuming its this or paradigm because after issues a lot of people gave up on Korn. Only the die hard fans and young kids just gettin into Issues paid attention.

Untitled was so bad, though. Paradigm Shift was relatively good, even if my high schooler's edgy love for Korn had largely faded out by the time it came out and I'd started giving up on them, but all those synths and bizarre song structures on Untitled... it was borderline unlistenable.

damn
its like they perfected submediocre

i was always more a of fan of their earlier work on sta and follow the leader. all the other albums never really appealed to me except for some of their singles

right, thats what im saying. Its some special snowflake trying to find a silver lining. And hey maybe they sound good because they had 4-5 albums that sounded like absolute dog shit

Korn should have stopped with Issues the same way the Deftones should have stopped with Deftones because all the material after is experimental garbage that fans dont want.

Hey, man, Koi no Yokan and Gore are solid albums. If anything, I can barely stand most of their EARLY albums--Saturday Night Wrist and Around the Fur grate against my ears. Maybe Moreno's side projects haven't done much in terms of meaningful development, but the main band themselves have definitely blossomed in the meantime.

Korn definitely needs to either take a break and regroup after some time off, or give up rather soon. "Okay"-sounding music isn't exactly an excuse to keep plodding along.

Untouchables. It's definitely their best work, with Issues be second and TPS probably third. Their debut I guess would be fourth.

Untitled wasn't horrible, but it's one of their weaker albums. Better than K3 for sure, and maybe Mirror as well.

holy shit lol