What's the best Post Punk album of all time and why is it Turn On The Bright Lights

What's the best Post Punk album of all time and why is it Turn On The Bright Lights

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TPPWWkhRT8I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

El Pintor

xd

That's not Vs, Hex Enduction Hour or First Issue.

>good
>post-punk revival
top kekerino

You niggas can't handle the undeniable truth

lmao

All memeing aside, it's Deceit. Only a retard would say otherwise.

The Flowers of Romance is up there.

If you can fix me up girl, we'll go a long way

only good interpol album but also fuck you

It'd Pink Flag

whats wrong with post-punk revival?

All of these are usually what I say and are all valid options.

But we all know it's this tho

Incorrect.

Sorry pal but I think you've made a little mistake there! If you wanted to meme properly, the green text order would go

>post-punk revival
>good

But that's ok! We were all new one time or other, and I'm sure you'll get it right next time sport! Anywho, please enjoy the rest of your time on Sup Forums buckaroo!

lamo

Best album by the best Post Punk band

its one of the the two joy division albums or deceit

Self-titled is better desu.

Killing Joke have several 9/10 albums, the '80 s/t being among them but Night Time is a 10/10.

that's not 154

Fair enough, requiem and wardance win it for me.

That's the worst of the classic Wire albums tho

>That's the worst of the classic Wire albums tho
sure if you are a pleb

It's a great album anyway but why do you like it so much? For me it doesn't have the ferocious guitar of Pink Flag or the atmosphere of Chairs Missing.

>what is war by u2

I love the sound of the guitars, making almost drone-ish sound over and over again, it's almost as if they listened to loveless 10 years before it came out. I can find it very atmospheric tbqh and mostly dark, and everything blends so well with the vocals.

I like Pink Flag but it's way too punk and less post, even tho' is miles away from shit like Ramones.
idk
tastes I guess

Interpols guitar player really triggers me honestly why does he need to play so fucking loud I mean holy shit

I never really got the droney feel from it, I'll listen to it again with that in mind then. You prob have already but have you listened to PiL? They're almost droney and I love them.

I tend to prefer post punk that leans towards punk anyway with weird or noisy guitar rather than a moody atmosphere though.

If you want to give it another spin be sure to listen to the 1994 release, it has better quality and it's way less compressed, less high pitch sounds

I know PiL, and by know I mean that I've listened to First Issue a bunch of times (it's quite good, I like how harsh it is, but fuck the spoken part of Religion I, it gets annoying after a bit)

I still have to listen to metal box and flowers, I like Albatross but it's also very heavy and it stops me each time.

If you like kinky guitars I guess you enjoy Colossal Youth as well?

also, probably not really your type, but pic related is awesome

ah right I think it's the original masters version I have.

I'd definitely recommend Metal Box but it's all in the same vein as Albatross really so it's up to you.

And I've been meaning to listen to Colossal Youth and Magazine for a while actually, I'm not even sure what either of them are meant to sound like so I'll definitely download those albums later.

No. It's dreary wankery, there's maybe two good songs on there.

I really think you'll like both. I'd say start with Colossal Youth if you want something out of the ordinary, a bit minimalistic, half of the guitars notes are palm-muted, there's a strange minimalistic organ and a female vocalist.

Magazine are closer to Pink Flag when it comes to the sound, the vocalist is harsher and it may be a little difficult to digest at first. But it's more complex than it seems and how guitar and electric organ mix is wonderful. I'm sure that if you like Wire you'll like them as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=TPPWWkhRT8I

try not listening for melody and hooks in music thats supposed to speak to depressed people

Sounds cool, I like that they both use the organ.

but Hook is the best part of Joy Division surely you should try listening for him hahaha!!

There's not much there musically and I don't give a shit about lyrics, so this album just falls flat in every way to me.

If every song was as good as She Lost Control, I'd be happy.