Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dYEOntP4IBk
youtube.com/watch?v=iXNrF9xlzVM
youtube.com/watch?v=JRI0-jSNB4E
youtube.com/watch?v=shCKghKa1rA
trautonist.bandcamp.com/album/trautonist
marriagesmusic.bandcamp.com/album/salome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any Nothing fans here? Pic related is one of my favorite shoegaze albums desu.

I'm not really a fan. I like Whirr though. idk maybe I should give that album another try, I remember it being posted a lot when it came out.

Nothing is more punk than shoegaze. They have shoegaze elements for sure, but I'm not a big fan of punk rock at all so Nothing doesn't do much for me unfortunately.

>Nothing is more punk than shoegaze
That sentence confused me at first kek

Haha, that's the problem with band names like that

do we like k-gaze here
youtube.com/watch?v=dYEOntP4IBk

Sup Forums needs k-gaze generals rather than k-pop generals

Nothing is cool, saw them live and I lost a bit of interest tho t.b.h. The vocals are really rough outside if the studio

does anyone have a link to that yourboyfriendsucks! thing?

Just pay the $6 or whatever.

i wonder if devin ever posts here

Their live performances are definitely much more raw than their studio releases.

You're not alone.

where should i start with Astrobrite. Pretty deep into shoegaze but somehow just glossed over them completely

lmao remember this shit

with astrobrite you could really start anywhere, their sound is pretty much the standard mbv worship with varying levels of noisiness. I guess what you should be considering is like what are you into more right now? Harsh stuff or moody melodic stuff?

I do like noisier aspects, like Jefre Cantu-Ledesma or lovesliescrushing. Not as harsh as the Goslings tho. in general i think i go more towards harshness but i prefer Souvlaki to Loveless so it's all fucked up hahah.

I'd probably say their album pinkshinyultrablast would be an okay entry way. I don't think much of their stuff really has the emotional impact of souvlaki, and it's all generally noisy when it comes to astrobrite anyway.

speaking of pinkshinyultrablast, what do you think of the band of the same name? their new album is my AOTYSF

As someone who dislikes most metal, except ballads and some specific bands, how do I into blackgaze?

ignore it. Listen to doomgaze (Jesu)

haven't seen him since that incident

Seconding the suggestion to start with pinkshinyultrablast, dense and noisy as per astrobrite's style but with some pop melodies drowned in it at places.

I could never get into them that much. I like Whirr (even their non-Distressor stuff) and the two are usually compared but Nothing are just loud and energetic in a way that I don't like. I prefer lethargic shoegaze.
I'm sure he's user now, you're here forever
Cold Body Radiation - Deer Twilight
The vocals are barely audible and the music itself is 95% shoegaze/post-punk and 5% black metal. Still great stuff though

I liked Grandfeathered a lot at first but I've got kind of tired of it, I still like it, I just can't listen to it like I used to, though.

>what are you listening to?
>nothing

hahahahahahaha fuck me

I liked it. I'm kind of waiting for them to balance their inventiveness with something else, I don't know, emotional impact maybe?

Anybody have any Dream Pop suggestions that I probably haven't heard?

Is it weird that that new i.l.y.'s this really reminds me of pic related

*new i.l.y.'s thing

maybe

Can I ask what you like about it?
Loved their first album but Grandfeathered seems more of the same, which is great but is boring to me, especially since it doesn't seem (to me) to have the same high points.
Obviously I really want to like it.

The Beach Bodies cassette, first EP of Pure Bathing Culture (probably heard of them), and my Bee's Garden aren't talked about much around here.

Whenever they come out with something new, I always kind of want to like it more than I really do cause I know they're one of the only bands making a new sound for shoegaze. They're like the only almost completely present-day sounding shoegaze band and I wanna kind of hold them up.

But I like both of those :c
is that okay

more like this?

their next album

A personal favorite

youtube.com/watch?v=iXNrF9xlzVM
youtube.com/watch?v=JRI0-jSNB4E

youtube.com/watch?v=shCKghKa1rA

Im new to blackgaze and I tried listening to pic related. Its pretty good.

Any recommendations?

>Deafheaven
>Aves
>Lantlos
>Cerna
>Cold Body Radiation
>Dopamine
>Alcest
>Heretoir
>Austere

bump

One of the best 'gazi albums I've heard in awhile. They're much faster and more upbeat that Whirr though, I've never understood the comparison.

That filename seems familiar, are you the guy who kept shilling it?

trautonist.bandcamp.com/album/trautonist

found this browsing the blackgaze tag on bandcamp and its fucking stellar

I dig it, thanks.

Could someone rec some slow, quiet dream pop? I've been listening to The White Birch (the band not the album) and they're amazing. Most dream pop is just more poppy than what I'm looking for though, and "slowcore" varies greatly in sound

Why did you guys tell me this is better than loveless?

Of course user!

Remember lads, we should keep /shugazi/ a friendly atmosphere

Hated this album first couple listens. Came back a year later and got hooked to it.

Guilty of Everything was fucking fantastic but the new album was underwhelming

Why would anyone say that?

So could this classify as 'gazi?
marriagesmusic.bandcamp.com/album/salome

Don't see this here often. You imagination is GOAT.

That whole album is GOAT.

If you like Astrobrite, you'd probably like this too.

My favorite shoegaze album

I just realized that the cover art is symbolic of a window pane

>"grow house"

...damn

*dream pop

I listened to it a while ago cause it was tagged as shoegaze on rym but yeah it really isn't. Kind or reminds me of pic related which I liked much more.

woo mama

bump

reminder that this is the best shoegaze album

nah but it's good

Go to bed Chris Ott