Does any band even come close to having a better debut album in recent years...

Does any band even come close to having a better debut album in recent years? What better song is there than Beware to debut a band and set the tone for their entire discography

youtube.com/watch?v=uqcTVVUFnKQ

this comes close imo. Though we can't evaluate how well it "sets the tone" for his discography, it's still an incredibly strong debut.

same with this

14 years ago but easily one of the best debut albums

To The Blade on Get To Heaven is exceptional

The opener and closer are the best songs on the album surprisingly

This album and the entire PC music group are so bad, so so so bad. Cmon dude you're on Sup Forums for a reason, listen to something better

this album is fucking incredible

culture shock and lord of the game are an embarrassment, i'd goddamn kill myself if i heard my son listening to this garbage
i can just see all the frail white boys of Sup Forums creaming themselves at le aggressive shirtless black man gon crazy thinking oh wow so hardcore
think of your fathers before you listen to death grips pls

Panic! at the Disco's debut was good. I don't know so much about 'setting a tone' but it's essentially their only good album

Easily the best indie pop album to come out in recent years + one hell of a debut too

>implying Pretty Odd isn't their only decent album

Yea, I implied it. You want to fucking fight about it?

>exmilitary
>debut

jokes on you I haven't spoken to my father in 3 years

Iceage

hell yeah

I don't count Saucerful of Secrets as a debut for Gilmour-era Pink Floyd. This however...

Exmilitary is fucking god-tier. Jesus fuck, we had no idea what was coming at the time.

True, although that's a mixtape, technically not a studio album.

But hey, that would mean The Money Store is their true debut, and that's one hell of an album. Beware is my favorite Death Grips song tho

If boys only listened to the music their fathers' wanted them too, none of your favorite bands would have ever started making music

just as good as exmilitary . stop being pretentious

>Does any band even come close to having a better debut album in recent years
>recent years

This album gets so many mixed opinions, that's why it's so interesting to me. However, I'm not too fond of it. It's a good album, don't get me wrong, I prefer A Saucerful of Secrets personally.

dude it's '72, it's been out a couple years. you've probably had some bad acid man

Lonerism was a fucking sick debut. Lonerism gave me a bonerism

>having a father
>2015

LOL

Innerspeaker was their debut...

>ignoring Syd-era Pink Floyd

dude I said Gilmour-era. I fucking love Piper. However, I didn't respect Gilmour until AHM.

EP isn't a debut

Innerspeaker isn't an EP. Their EP was just called Tame Impala

oh

PC Music as a group is questionable / hit and miss, but SOPHIE is great. For reference, Autechre are big fans of his. (Autechre is also one of his main inspirations, unsurprisingly.)

Agreed

Love that album but it's not their debut so it's not part lf thr discussion my dude

>beware
>not Klink
>or Blood Creepin

>your favorite song isn't 'come up and get me'
plen

I don't get why people love so much Beware.
Apart from the vocal delivery there isn't too much.
The samples are well used but they get very repetitive after the second chorus.

>not klink
Stay pleb, pleb

Those aren't the first track though dingus.

Klink and Spread Eagle Across the Block be the best songs from Exmilitary.

>I still think Full Moon is one of the best songs they ever released
>So fucking raw....

It's an evil track.

Is this Aldean during his bishie years?

why is this even a discussion?

>it's a world where Mike Skinner is a God

Not even joking. I'll take recent as being less than 10 years since release.

>lord of the game are an embarrassment
"NO"

Love Pink Floyd but not gonna lie, this sucks ass.

top kek

Fucking embarrassing. Kill yourselves

Well you're right at least lonerism is good. If you haven't listened to inner speaker then do it right now

The best tracks on the album are klink, Known for it, and Death Heated.