Where did everything go so wrong?

Where did everything go so wrong?

the strokes

What do you mean? The album is good.

this

>The album is good.
Herein lies the problem, it's friggin terrible

What did you find bad about it? I actually really like it.

It's just bad. The Strokes are such a generic band with no outstanding attributes, the only thing they had to rely on was quality and they completely shit the bed there

It goes on for way longer than it should and still accomplishes nothing, it's awkward, it's boring and it sounds like they had a serious case of writer's block and they just didn't give a shit

>it's just bad
>proceeds to talk about the band and not the music
excellent argument

>It's just bad.
Nigga, that's not an argument.
>It goes on for way longer than it should and still accomplishes nothing
39 minutes is too long for you?
>it's awkward
How?
>it's boring and it sounds like they had a serious case of writer's block and they just didn't give a shit
Boring is subjective, I personally find it interesting to listen to. As for the writers block and not giving a shit, I disagree. Did you expect them to do the same thing for 15 years?

It's called being bad for what it's worth. You can make a 3 hour movie about paint drying and make it impossible to criticize because "that's what it's supposed to be doing"

>Nigga, that's not an argument.
It's bad cohesively, as in there wasn't anything good about it. I'll make a counter argument when you explain what's supposed to be good about it.

Julian Casafuckface is such a massive tool it's about what I expected though. He's too cool for music that's well written or well performed or has any life in it or really is good on any level.

I liked the album nigga

i think you just really want to shit on Julian for some reason what happen did he fucc ur bitch

It had the same problem as Angles, just to a greater degree. As good as 80's Comedown Machine, Chances, and Call it Fate Call It Karma were that's how shit the rest of the songs were. I think they said somewhere that it was about having to put something out for their contract with the label, hence the huge 'RCA' above the band's name. I wish they'd either made it an EP with Welcome to Japan and the aforementioned tracks or waited and released them with what they had on Future Present Past which was pretty fucking good. I dunno what happened between FIOE and Angles though. Thanks Obama.

It's just good. The Strokes are such a unique band with so many outstanding attributes, they've always relied on quality and still deliver.

It ends just in time, and accomplishes so much in the time it was given. It's brave, interesting, and it sounds like they had some seriously good ideas, and cared a lot for the album.

Have you listened to Phrazes?

Yeah I really hate Julian and what he represents. It's pretentious nu-male music that thinks it's too cool to be radio pop so it's the next closest thing.

The first album did a great job examplifying run of the mill music that was just good and well executed and almost could have ushered in a good new wave of music but he then decided that he's way too cool for making good music so he nullifed the only thing The Strokes had going for it.

He's the worst kind of hipster and most people don't appreciate what that means. It doesn't mean a guy with a beard and glasses, it means a guy that goes out of his way to be different for the sake of it. Even if it means nullifying any artistic merit you used to have and just making shitty tacky music.

had some pretty good songs yeah i agree

mah men FPP EP is the wost shit they've done so far sounds like they tried to mix the shit in comedown machine with a lil vaporwave to sound fresh and julian vocals and lyrics are also the worst so far. I been waiting for years for them to release new music and i got so fucking dissapointed

>naming your album RCA

dsfasdfasklfjas;klfj

Album cover was based off the cover of the RCA reel tape or some shit FYI

Top kek, that's not the album name. The album name is Comedown Machine.